ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 94
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:12 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Trying really hard not to hate this. We'd probably get a 2020 3rd round comp pick just for cutting him.

If we're trying to package one of next year's picks, we'd already have a damn second rounder to give away.

Just. Do. Not. Get. it.
You weren’t getting a comp pick for Ford with the way we are spending.

And if you did get a third, it’s at the very end of the round after the other teams have picked. This is infinitely better

Listen to yourself
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:13 PM 03-12-2019
I was fine with keeping Ford in the tag an not signing him to a long term deal, or trading him for a decent draft pick if you can knowing he wouldn't be here more than another year.

Its that simple, giving him a big deal was too risky.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:15 PM 03-12-2019
With all the vitriol going on around here you would think we just traded away Pat Mahomes for the opportunity to draft Eric Fisher.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:15 PM 03-12-2019
Jeanine Garafalo will inevitably get injured like he always does. Niners will tank again. High 2nd round pick in 2020.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:16 PM 03-12-2019

By trading Dee Ford, the Chiefs free up an additional $15.4 million in cap space.

In parting with both Ford and Houston, the Chiefs wound up with about $30 mil more in cap space, and $14 mil of that already went to Mathieu.

— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
suzzer99 07:16 PM 03-12-2019
Ok who's the best edge rusher available that doesn't suck against the run?
[Reply]
DRM08 07:17 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Man, the Chiefs are so far ahead of schedule with Mahomie. Nobody...NOBODY expected that we had the league MVP heading into last season. Now that we know what we've got, Grandpa Bob got sent to let Pioli pick the link out of his navel, and Spags is here to fix this shit. I can't stress enough..it doesn't matter how many sacks you have on first and second down if you CAN'T FRICKIN' STOP ANYBODY ON THIRD DOWN! That's what we had last year. We have to get opponents off the field. Can't let teams hang around. I don't care if we have ZERO sacks next year. Just stop a team on third down and I'll be happy as a little gurl....
Heck, they got no pressure on Brady in the AFC title game. If you are going against a team like that with a super quick release QB, dink & dunk routes, and a pretty solid OL...I would rather have strong coverage and more importantly strong tackling.

The Chiefs are still a dumpster fire with tackling/coverage. Honey Badger is good but he's only one player. I don't see any evidence they are getting better by dumping Houston/Ford. They have more money to play with. We'll see if they can make serious improvement.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:17 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Uhh no his cap hit will be low in 2019
[Reply]
penchief 07:17 PM 03-12-2019
I don't get all the frustration. Berry and Houston were terrible contracts, and no way Ford has done anything close to enough to justify a long term contract. Is there really a single one of us who felt Ford could be trusted long term?

The only one worth keeping would have been Houston but for about $5 Million less than what we were paying him. This is about a culture change on defense. None of those big names or sack totals meant shit when it came to having a good defense. Veach is not playing it safe by sticking with the status quo. He is doing the only thing that makes sense, cutting the fat.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:18 PM 03-12-2019
Really pissed off right now. We dicked around with our defense last year letting Grandpa Bob take year 1 of the rebuild, including picking up players for somebody else's scheme. Now we're shipping off our veterans and literally get NOTHING in return for 2019. We should have had our rebuilding pains LAST year.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:18 PM 03-12-2019
KC got a 2nd round pick which I'm cool with, because said pick can be packaged for a passrusher in the 2019 Draft.
[Reply]
nychief 07:19 PM 03-12-2019
where does the rush come from?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:19 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Jeanine Garafalo will inevitably get injured like he always does. Niners will tank again. High 2nd round pick in 2020.
And you didn't even need a crystal ball! :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:20 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Do you not understand that pass rushers do not make a good defense?

Chiefs had possibly the worst defense in the NFL last season, salvaged solely by losing Scandrick.

Defensive backs create good defenses. That's why the Patriots don't pay pass rushers. You can go to the Super Bowl with good secondary and mediocre pass rush.

Dee Ford CAN NOT TACKLE. He sucks vs the run. His sacks will not get us to the Super Bowl but another CB with the money he leaves just might.

This board loves to whine like bitches.
Ford was still the best player on defense and Houston was 3rd best behind Jones. We have lost 2 of our best players on D. Plus down a CB too. So yeah- we are worse at the moment. I am not sure how stating the obvious is whining like a bitch.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:21 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What? The 49ers won’t even be a playoff team. The Rams will win that division again and the Seahawks will be right there with them battling for 2nd.

I bet it will be a mid 2nd at worst.

Peters also wasn’t a shit return. Dude AB is as big of a fucking headcase and he couldn’t even fetch a 2nd.
A 2020 2nd has a current value of a third.

This ain't hard.

Peters was absolutely a shit return because we fucking NEEDED that guy last season. He was actually solid in the 2nd half of the year and wouldn't have had the adjustment period had we just kept him. You telling me he wouldn't have made a difference in the AFC Championship?

These are poor returns on talented players with deals paying them under market.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 94
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up