ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 179 of 268
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:36 AM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
It would have been better if Kylo Ren was above inner conflict. That he was a Bonafide evil bastard. Not another anakin.
This x1000000

His character is fucking terrible.

Hayden Christensen v 2.0
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:57 AM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He was a whiny, moody brat who believed he couldn't do shit until it was really time to step up...and then he did.

In other words...he was the perfect Luke.

Rian did amazing.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnd....Rian did a great job of referencing many aspects o f Luke and the Skywalker family from the original EU that was coming together nicely at the time Disney bought it.

Listen up bitches:

There was ALWAYS going to be a son of Han and Leia, strong in the force, and trained by Luke, and gone oh so wrong. That was etched in stone LONG before any of you fuckers ever walked in to a Mouse House Movie get-down.

In the end; we won.
[Reply]
bowener 09:06 AM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
It would have been better if Kylo Ren was above inner conflict. That he was a Bonafide evil bastard. Not another anakin.
Following the end of TLJ it would make sense if this is what Ren becomes. He seemingly has no doubt about who he is now and what he wants. His attempt to team up with Rey died and is obviously never going to happen.

The problem for me is the set up of the next and final film of this trilogy currently does not draw my interest whatsoever. Where could they possibly go with Ren and Rey? We now have our good and bad guys. Ren will be big and bad and evil, but never fear the light will win out.

I would love for the final act to be incredibly dark and defeating. It would be fantastic as a fan to see the Dark side win, and Rey forced into hiding at the end of the film similar to what occurred with Obi Wan, only she could use this time to become an incredibly powerful Jedi, and maybe even train some younglings without fucking murdering them.

It would be sort of a similar set up to how the prequels ended. The next trilogy or TV series could start with the state of the universe worse than it was in A New Hope. Or something that probably couldn't be told in a single trilogy, but to see the bad guys win, then see a schism occur within the Frist Order. It could invite some interesting moral quandaries for any future rebels. They may have to team up with one side of evil to take down the other.

Obviously, I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about, but I would like to see some less obvious story arcs taken in the Star Wars universe because we are going to see a shit load of it in the next decade.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:12 AM 12-26-2017
The dark never wins the trilogy in canon. Is what it is.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:36 AM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
This x1000000

His character is fucking terrible.

Hayden Christensen v 2.0
He wasn't nearly as annoying in this movie as the last one, but yeah, we really didn't need another Anakin.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:45 AM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
The dark never wins the trilogy in canon. Is what it is.
At the end of this trilogy, Disney would never, ever allow the dark side to win. The only suspense is does Kylo get redemption and help defeat the dark side. Rey kills him or he kills her and then one of the kid wannabe Jedi's kill him.

The good guys win in the end. No other way it can end.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 11:25 AM 12-26-2017
I thought it would've been cool if Kylo just helped Rey slaughter some First Order fools and fight Snoke but ultimately not choose to join the Rebellion out of disgrace

they went with the GOTCHA he's helping her DOUBLE GOTCHA he's just pure evil and ultimately one dimensional at the end of the day
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:58 AM 12-26-2017
https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-8-snok...nd-apprentice/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 PM 12-26-2017
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain.../#6f5cba9618d8

The Last Jedi's Gargantuan $151M 2nd Weekend Plunge Is An Epic Hollywood Choke

The scale of the catastrophe that is Star Wars: The Last Jedi is difficult to comprehend without comparing it to major, historic natural disasters. Because no other movie has come anywhere close to the picture’s $151.5 million 2nd weekend box office razing, there’s no movie comparison that gives its record-obliterating failure proper context.

To begin to appreciate the epic nature of the Last Jedi catastrophe, consider the 9.2 magnitude megathrust 1964 Good Friday earthquake near Anchorage, Alaska. That was such a massive catastrophe that it killed Oregonians and Californians more than 1,000 miles away.

It may seem odd to compare a movie that has earned nearly $400 million in domestic box office receipts to such a giant calamity, but that total represents a tremendous shortfall relative to expectations. The important numbers to look at are the measures of the movie’s collapse. That $400 million looks good only if we ignore the results of every previous Star Wars movie. But a closer look at the numbers reveals what a debacle The Last Jedi truly is.

It’s not just the movie’s 69 percent 2nd weekend plunge that underscores its troubles. True, it’s an enormous decline, but a dozen other big-budgeted, heavily marketed studio tent-pole movies (out of the thousands Hollywood has produced) have seen similarly sized percentage declines. They include Fifty Shades of Grey, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and three of the Twilight movies.

It’s more the absolute number, the $151.5 million plunge from its $220 million debut to its $68.5 million second weekend, that staggers the imagination. Only a handful of movies—The Last Jedi, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, and Batman v Superman among them, have ever shed $100 million or more in box office totals from one weekend to the next.

But even the 2nd biggest collapse, that of the Harry Potter film, paled in comparison to The Last Jedi, falling than 25 percent short of Episode VIII’s fiasco.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 02:16 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-8-snok...nd-apprentice/
I would assume he has several.

Otherwise, what the fuck are the Knights of Ren?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 02:17 PM 12-26-2017
He was a whiny, moody brat who believed he couldn't do shit until it was really time to step up...and then he did.

In other words...he was the perfect Luke.

Rian did amazing.
Luke was a coward?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:25 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Luke was a coward?
"It's not that I like the Empire, I hate it, but there's nothing I can do about it right now. It's such a long way from here."

"I can't...it's too big...you ask the impossible."

"Always with you it cannot be done."

"I can't kill my own father."
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:58 PM 12-26-2017
"It's not that I like the Empire, I hate it, but there's nothing I can do about it right now. It's such a long way from here."

"I can't...it's too big...you ask the impossible."

"Always with you it cannot be done."

"I can't kill my own father."
That's not cowardice
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:04 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
That's not cowardice
k
[Reply]
oaklandhater 04:36 PM 12-26-2017
http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/1...en-ehrenreich/

Star Wars: Source Claims Disney Preparing For 'Solo' to "Bomb"

Following the announcement from Lucasfilm that directing duo Phil Lord and Chris Miller were departing the Han Solo spin-off film, fans have been anxious over the state of the production. As the film is currently in post-production, one reported source close to the film claims that Disney anticipates that the film is a "car crash" and it will be a massive "bomb."

"Disney is bracing themselves for the Han Solo movie to bomb," the source told ScreenGeek. "They were worried about it before all The Last Jedi controversy, but now they’re essentially writing Solo off. The lead actor, Alden Ehrenreich, can’t act, and they had a dialogue coach on hand for all of his scenes. On top of that, the script is unworkable. It’s going to be a car crash."

It's unclear the authenticity of the source, yet these claims sound like the fears many have about the production.

Lord and Miller was a choice many fans were excited for, as they were behind the 21 Jump Street films and The LEGO Movie. Unfortunately, rumors about their departure from the film seem to be rooted in their comedic talents and encouragement of the cast to improvise during their scenes.

This comedic tone was reportedly deviating too far from Lucasfilm's vision for the smuggler's story, requiring re-shoots to bring the film back on track. As the directors were uninterested in "correcting" their work, the studio parted ways with the filmmakers.

Ron Howard stepped in shortly after the announcement to not only complete the film as written, but also helm the re-shoots of certain scenes Lord and Miller already finished. Despite Howard coming on board the production with only a few weeks of shooting left, the film didn't wrap for nearly four months.
Earlier this month, the latest installment in the Skywalker Saga, The Last Jedi, had created immense amounts of anticipation from devout and casual Star Wars fans alike. Following its release, a small but vocal group of audiences expressed their displeasure at the deviation from their expectations so strongly that the film's audience score on Rotten Tomatoes has dropped to the lowest in the entire franchise.

Between the public troubled production of Solo and recent disappointment with Lucasfilm, it's entirely possible Disney and Lucasfilm are expecting the worst from the film.

Solo: A Star Wars Story hits theaters on May 25, 2018.
[Reply]
Page 179 of 268
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229 > Last »
Up