ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 178 of 268
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:47 PM 12-25-2017
A lot of people haven't even seen this yet. A girl I'm dating is taking her nephews tomorrow.

$ be coming.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:09 PM 12-25-2017
:-)

[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:17 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Darth Vader blew up a planet. It was one of his first actions as a character.
No, he didn’t. That was Grand Moff Tarkin.

Originally Posted by :

Half a million? Oh, you mean the people piloting an active super-weapon of mass murder?
Vader was Hitler X 1,000,000, and Luke didn't end him when given the chance. You're desperately trying to make this about me for some bizarre reason. Knock it off.
I apologize if this feels personal, it wasn’t my intent. I was asking you to consider whether or not killing someone was justified if it saved the lives of many more. You articulated that you felt that Luke blowing up a machine and killing 300,000 people was justified, so would killing Kyle also be justified if it saved the lives of millions of others?

Originally Posted by :

You're getting pretty salty and not thinking clearly. Stopping a super weapon that kills billions isn't the same as murdering a sleeping child, and the closest thing he has to a living descendant, for something he might do. Get over it.

I didn't like it, and your arguments against my reasons are falling flat. I'm not trying to convince you to hate it.
I’m not trying to convince you to like it. But I don’t think it’s some deep betrayal of Luke’s character to have a moment of weakness - especially if he (correctly) saw the millions of lives that were going to be impacted by Kylo’s turn to the dark side.

Again - apologies if it felt like I was making it personal. The whole Hitler thing started as a rhetorical question that got conflated into something that felt personal because of my use of the word “you”. I’m sorry if it felt like I was coming after you.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:58 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Sure, let’s have this debate I guess. Luke did have this option before, and you better believe he chose to wipe out Nazi Germany for the greater good.

Are you really arguing the ethics of Luke “lighting his lightsaber” when he was responsible for the deaths of over 300,000 mothers, fathers, innocent contractors and good people in the Death Star? Are we just choosing to gloss over that fact now? So why did Luke decide to commit one of the biggest genocides ever? (His kill count is behind Tarkin, but more than his father). He did it for the greater good, because he knew killing this amount of people would ultimately save more - a decision he weighed but ultimately didn't make with Ren.

Luke’s decision to ignite his lightsaber game at a moment of weakness, similar to when he tried to kill his father in ESB, and when he lopped his arm off in Jedi. The fact is, failure and these massive mental lapses are a major part of Luke’s character.

But if claiming that igniting his lightsaber ruins his character helps justify your stance on TLJ, that’s fine, but we’re going to disagree.

An established character who's responsible for the deaths of almost half a million people, if anything, Luke is much more likely to end Hitler than you would be.
Dude, bringing Hitler into an argument about how much people like or don't like Star Wars is absolutely idiotic. Getting bent over a movie and then invoking Hitler is just stoopid. :-)

Your question didn't deserve a response in the first place, and I didn't. WW had what I thought was a good response, and just pointed it out because of your petulant "answer my question" retort. I'm not arguing this crap with you.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:04 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:

Your question didn't deserve a response in the first place, and I didn't. WW had what I thought was a good response, and just pointed it out because of your petulant "answer my question" retort. I'm not arguing this crap with you.
Something must have crawled into my ass, my bad. :-)

[Reply]
unlurking 07:50 PM 12-25-2017
lol

All good. I have those days more often than not.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:20 PM 12-25-2017
:-)

[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:17 PM 12-25-2017
Watched the movie again.

A lot of it was crap.

I still don't understand how Kylo Ren was able to be essentially defeated by Rey in TFA given she had zero Jedi training or any training handling a light saber.

And if Snoke is really dead, he might be the biggest let down of any major movie villain in history. Kylo Ren twitches his fingers, but Snoke doesn't notice this? And just like that he's dead? That shit's retarded.

Leia's Marry Poppins routine was fuckin stupid as hell too. She can float herself throughout space using the force, but she can't move a pile of rocks when looking for a way out of that bunker?

The way Luke Skywalker was handled at the end was a travesty as well. Luke exerted so much force that he formed to an out of body self and ended up killing his own self in the process. And whelp...that's the end of Luke Skywalker I guess.

Still don't think Kylo Ren is a good villain. His character is no different than the one Hayden Christensen played...a pathetic whiny little beta. A girl half his size kicks his ass. "Oh but he's just conflicted w/ the good and bad ways of the force and needs to find himself first!" <---- DUMB.

Nobody wants to watch "This is Us" on the big screen and that's exactly what you get w/ Kylo Ren's character. The motherfucker gets teary eyed in every other scene he's in. I came to watch a powerful Jedi/Sith in training fuck some shit up, instead I got a teary eyed loser who gets his ass kicked by a girl half his size. And we're supposed to take this guy seriously as a big bad Star Wars villain? They couldn't have possibly done his character more wrong and evidently didn't learn from Hayden Christensen's Anakin character.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:28 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Watched the movie again.

A lot of it was crap.

I still don't understand how Kylo Ren was able to be essentially defeated by Rey in TFA given she had zero Jedi training or any training handling a light saber.

And if Snoke is really dead, he might be the biggest let down of any major movie villain in history. Kylo Ren twitches his fingers, but Snoke doesn't notice this? And just like that he's dead? That shit's retarded.

Leia's Marry Poppins routine was ****in stupid as hell too. She can float herself throughout space using the force, but she can't move a pile of rocks when looking for a way out of that bunker?

The way Luke Skywalker was handled at the end was a travesty as well. Luke exerted so much force that he formed to an out of body self and ended up killing his own self in the process. And whelp...that's the end of Luke Skywalker I guess.

Still don't think Kylo Ren is a good villain. His character is no different than the one Hayden Christensen played...a pathetic whiny little beta. A girl half his size kicks his ass. "Oh but he's just conflicted w/ the good and bad ways of the force and needs to find himself first!" <---- DUMB.

Nobody wants to watch "This is Us" on the big screen and that's exactly what you get w/ Kylo Ren's character. The mother****er gets teary eyed in every other scene he's in. I came to watch a powerful Jedi/Sith in training **** some shit up, instead I got a teary eyed loser who gets his ass kicked by a girl half his size. And we're supposed to take this guy seriously as a big bad Star Wars villain? They couldn't have possibly done his character more wrong and evidently didn't learn from Hayden Christensen's Anakin character.
Heh. I like the “This is Us” reference.

Saw the movie today. I concur with most everything you say here.

The franchise cannot adequately replace the greatest villain of all time.

The whole Snoke thing is just pathetic, and the lack of character formation for what are to be the new generation of heroes is lacking at best.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:02 PM 12-25-2017
Glad Snoke died, I thought he was boring and predictable. Im down for the destruction of both the light and dark side if a gray order rules.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:20 PM 12-25-2017
:-) the memes for this movie are off the charts

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:29 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by temper11:
That's what happened/is happening with the original characters we grew up with and it's been brilliant. What's the problem?
The problem is that it has not, in fact, been brilliant. It's been a train wreck.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:34 PM 12-25-2017
I didn’t feel Luke was that out of character. He was whiny in the OT also.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:53 PM 12-25-2017
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I didn’t feel Luke was that out of character. He was whiny in the OT also.
He was a whiny, moody brat who believed he couldn't do shit until it was really time to step up...and then he did.

In other words...he was the perfect Luke.

Rian did amazing.
[Reply]
RobBlake 02:30 AM 12-26-2017
It would have been better if Kylo Ren was above inner conflict. That he was a Bonafide evil bastard. Not another anakin.
[Reply]
Page 178 of 268
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228 > Last »
Up