ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 270
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 08:44 AM 08-07-2019
The biggest thing that I wonder about is if they'll be comfortable only carrying 8 OL or 9 DB's because those are probably things they should do with how the team is built.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:44 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I read here Hyde and his $1.5MM guaranteed were going to be cut sometime soon.
I personally don't think they have a desire to cut him just because he's a vet.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:47 AM 08-07-2019

Hard to explain without video...but rookie safety Juan Thornhill just did a fantastic job of taking away a deep throw on a broken play by showing awareness of the WR streaking down the field.

It’s a little thing and won’t make a highlight, but shows his awareness.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) August 7, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 08:47 AM 08-07-2019
Just picked Mahomes off too. Thornhill is a fucking BALLER.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:56 AM 08-07-2019
Sounds like he's having a hell of a day.

TM broke through the line on a blitz and forced Pat to get rid of it super quick on a different play.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 08-07-2019

#Chiefs rookie 2nd round pick Safety @Juan_Thornhill picks off @PatrickMahomes

The Chiefs apparently love Thornhill potential. pic.twitter.com/Yp6zw06vsU

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) August 7, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 08-07-2019

Juan Thornhill with a pick of Mahomes underneath Hill. It is third-and-long day, so you’re going to see plays like that. Mahomes threw it up for grabs, same as a punt there. Offense will struggle today.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) August 7, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 AM 08-07-2019
Thornhill is a bad motherfucker.

#Chiefs rookie 2nd round pick Safety @Juan_Thornhill picks off @PatrickMahomes

The Chiefs apparently love Thornhill potential. pic.twitter.com/Yp6zw06vsU

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) August 7, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:00 AM 08-07-2019
It's got to be a major benefit for Thornhill to constantly practice against the best QB in football.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:04 AM 08-07-2019
Man Thornhill was such a steal. He's gonna be a fan favorite very soon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Thornhill is a bad motherfucker.

Eh, that was a pretty easy pick, though.

Mahomes/Hill were clearly not on the same page there, Hill looked to be making that second cut into a flag route while Mahomes was expecting it to be more of an out.

It was all sloppy from Hill though; very haphazard in his movements, regardless of what they were supposed to be.

Nobody involved made that one too tough on young Juan...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's got to be a major benefit for Thornhill to constantly practice against the best QB in football.
It wasn't a benefit to anyone that played on the defense last year.

I think the 'iron sharpens iron' thing is overstated. It sounds great and makes sense in theory, but when you start to poke about, there's not a lot of real world support for it.

Otherwise the Patriots would get fisted in the playoffs after the annual cake-walk that is their division.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:07 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh, that was a pretty easy pick, though.

Mahomes/Hill were clearly not on the same page there, Hill looked to be making that second cut into a flag route while Mahomes was expecting it to be more of an out.

It was all sloppy from Hill though; very haphazard in his movements, regardless of what they were supposed to be.

Nobody involved made that one too tough on young Juan...
Still, we've had plenty of dropped INTs in recent years.
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM 08-07-2019
After last years safety play ( this is bad to say) I'm just happy to see the guy keep outside leverage there. He knows he's got help to the middle, so he doesn't try and jump on top of the route and get beat outside like Parker and company did last year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
After last years safety play ( this is bad to say) I'm just happy to see the guy keep outside leverage there. He knows he's got help to the middle, so he doesn't try and jump on top of the route and get beat outside like Parker and company did last year.
Yeah, Parker would've bit like crazy on that.

That dude started cheating on everything. He clearly realized he didn't have the long-speed to recover anymore so he was just constantly guessing out there.

Man, having genuinely premier athletes playing safety for us this year will be...different.

I really do think we can say that this defense has top 10 potential. I know everyone wants to harrumph over the CBs and LBs but I think some of those concerns (injuries notwithstanding) are a bit overblown and all of them could be answered in a resoundingly positive fashion. Breeland could easily go be there guy that got a $24 million offer from the Panthers. Fuller could go out there and play like the top slot CB in football he was 2 years ago. Ward could simply be average and we'd be in nice shape. Hitchens could get back to the form he displayed in a 4-3 in Dallas. Lee was among the best coverage LBs in football last year even in a disappointing season.

With just a handful of extremely reasonable 'upsides' being hit, this defense could actually be damn good.
[Reply]
Page 176 of 270
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226 > Last »
Up