ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 293
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 10:56 PM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Not saying that the Yale team that beat Baylor is better than this Penn team. The point was that Ivy league athletes are more than capable of playing NBA athletes and coming out on top. The difference isn't so significant that they'll be able to just bully their way through them.
The Yale team that beat Baylor WAS better than this Penn team. They also played close to home so their fans could flood the arena and they won by a whole 3 points.

I'm not saying Penn isn't talented. I'm not saying its beyond a possibility they could pull the upset. I'm saying the slight increase doesn't equate to a reasonable threat.

I realize it isn't good to overlook an opponent... as long as you're a player or coach, so I'm all for this hype if it helps them focus more on the task at hand. But as a fan, Penn does not scare me. The only comparable team they played this year (Villanova) almost beat them by 30. I know we lost to Washington early in the year, too. But, if I allow for progress by both teams to be made over the season, that's still a sizeable gap.

Will they cover? Maybe. Win? I'm not planning on sweating this out.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:27 PM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
The Yale team that beat Baylor WAS better than this Penn team.
I know. That should read isn't in my post.

Originally Posted by :
I realize it isn't good to overlook an opponent... as long as you're a player or coach, so I'm all for this hype if it helps them focus more on the task at hand. But as a fan, Penn does not scare me. The only comparable team they played this year (Villanova) almost beat them by 30. I know we lost to Washington early in the year, too. But, if I allow for progress by both teams to be made over the season, that's still a sizeable gap.

Will they cover? Maybe. Win? I'm not planning on sweating this out.
I don't think I'll be able to watch tomorrow, so let's hope you're right. I'd expect a close one, though.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:20 AM 03-15-2018
So is everyone going to quit watching the tourney after we lose today?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:20 AM 03-15-2018
FFS, it's just trolling now.

Okay fine, I'm scared. :-)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:26 AM 03-15-2018
I'm scared about the first round, EVERY year....
[Reply]
Pablo 09:41 AM 03-15-2018
Well I took off work early and I'm home. But I just don't think I can watch the game after reading KCCs posts. Too worried now.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:57 AM 03-15-2018
Is Udoka playing ....and is he close to 100%?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:03 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Is Udoka playing ....and is he close to 100%?
he is available in emergency situations

Also, absolutely no reason to be scared, we are going to roll Penn and everyone that thinks Penn had a chance will be like
"well a 16 seed shouldn't beat a 1 seed"
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:17 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Yeah, there's a good amount of parity and I'm not one to think "since it's never happen, it'll never happen"... but, it's also pointless to worry about it prior to really having something to worry about (like being down multiple possessions with 2 minutes left).

16s can hang out 20+ minutes (and I was at the WKU game where it was all game), so are we supposed to be melting down at halftime?

Hopefully KU is up 30 at halftime so we can start worrying about the next opponent ASAP. :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:19 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Oh for sweet tap dancing Jesus sake.... YOU ARE NOT MIZZOU. Quitcher Bitchin.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:24 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
You'd have to actually make the tourney consistently for that comparison to be valid. :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 10:32 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, there's a good amount of parity and I'm not one to think "since it's never happen, it'll never happen"... but, it's also pointless to worry about it prior to really having something to worry about (like being down multiple possessions with 2 minutes left).

16s can hang out 20+ minutes (and I was at the WKU game where it was all game), so are we supposed to be melting down at halftime?

Hopefully KU is up 30 at halftime so we can start worrying about the next opponent ASAP. :-)
Unless Penn comes out hot and is up 20+ in the first half and we have to rally in the second half!! I can feel it, I'm worried as much as I've ever been!!
[Reply]
Pablo 10:32 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
And for that we are very, very thankful.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:42 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Well I took off work early and I'm home. But I just don't think I can watch the game after reading KCCs posts. Too worried now.
Best to skip and wait for next year. Hopefully less anxiety then.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:44 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Best to skip and wait for next year. Hopefully less anxiety then.
I think you're right. All this worrying is taking the fun out of it. 2019 should be sweet though!
[Reply]
Page 176 of 293
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Up