ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 384
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Kansas City Kid 03:33 PM 07-03-2014

[Reply]
Fish 03:35 PM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by Kansas City Kid:
Tried a 6er on a canoe trip a few weeks ago, looking for good can beer. Not bad, but still a far cry from most bottled pale ale.
[Reply]
bowener 03:48 PM 07-03-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Finally trying Urban Chestnut's Zwickel.

Pretty good.

LOTS of good breweries here in STL - UC, Schlafly, O'Fallon, 2nd Shift.
Try the snickelfritz. Delicious.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:05 AM 07-07-2014
Two things.

Mikey is the man. He continues to hook me up with stuff I can't get down here. The man has never met me, and goes out of his way to help me out. Solid, solid dude. I hope I can get him back one day.

Also, I finally tried Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA a week or so ago. IMO a lot of American IPA's don't live up to the hype, but holy moly that fresh squeezed IPA is some good stuff.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:09 AM 07-07-2014
Racer 5 Racer 5 Racer 5

THE END
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:37 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson:
Two things.

Mikey is the man. He continues to hook me up with stuff I can't get down here. The man has never met me, and goes out of his way to help me out. Solid, solid dude. I hope I can get him back one day.

Also, I finally tried Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA a week or so ago. IMO a lot of American IPA's don't live up to the hype, but holy moly that fresh squeezed IPA is some good stuff.
no problem bud....as I learn more about beer I'm sure I'll find something you can send back my way.

has anyone tried 2 Jokers? thoughts?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:44 PM 07-09-2014
Two things.

Fresh Squeezed is by far Deschutes best beer that I have had and I have had a bunch.

In fact I'm headed to Portland this weekend and plan to hit them and about 10 other craft breweries while there next week.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:59 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:

Haven't had any of the new batch, but it should be the same as the last time they brewed it, which was WORLD CLASS. Thing witbier crossed with berliner weiss. It's tart (but not funky at all) & refreshing.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:00 PM 07-09-2014
So, according to my untapp'd account, I have tasted 165 different beers now. That's minus a few that I didn't rate yet because I wanted to think on it a little more. I don't consider myself an expert at all, but I believe I'm ready to post some of my thoughts here. This is kinda off the top of my head, so cut me some slack if I miss some good ones.

My favorite styles(in order, but could flop a few around on any given day):

1. Saison/Farmhouse Ales (especially the hop forward ones)
2. Double IPA's
3. Belgian Quads
4. Pumpkin beers
5. Belgian IPA's
6. Double Red Ales

Least favorite styles:

1. Pilsners
2. American Wild Ales
3. Wheat beers
4. Chili Beers

Best Beers I've tasted so far(in no order):

Boulevard Tank 7
Orval
Boulevard Saison- Brett
Lagunitas Sucks
St. Bernadus ABT 12
Russian River Brewing Co. Pliny the Elder
Gulden Draak

Worst Beers I've tasted so far(in no order):

Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale(taste like drinking bacon grease)
Rogue Chipotle Ale
Boulevard 80 Acre Hoppy Wheat beer
Clown Shoes Chocolate Sombrero
Rodenbach Grand Cru

Biggest Surprises that I liked:

Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp
Dogfish Head Red & White
Boulevard Reboot White IPA

Biggest Disappointment of a beer:

Rodenbach Grand Cru

Highest beers on my wish list:

Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA
Side Project Brewing Company Saison de Rouge
Bell's Brewing Two Hearted Ale
Humboldt Brewing Co. Red Nectar
Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

Favorite Breweries:

Boulevard Brewing Co.
Lagunitas Brewing Co.
Dogfish Head Brewing Co.
And lots of those fuckers in Belgium. They're pretty much kicking ass in the beer game.

My username on Untapp'd is TimBone64. Hit me up.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:01 PM 07-09-2014
I'm ready for Reaper to pick that apart.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:04 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
no problem bud....as I learn more about beer I'm sure I'll find something you can send back my way.

I really do appreciate it, man. My next trip to Houston(That's the best selection near me) isn't for a couple of months. That should give you some time to think about what you want. I'll give you about a two week notice before I head that way. As it stands, I'll definitely be picking you up some Prairie Bomb.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:23 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Fresh Squeezed is by far Deschutes best beer that I have had and I have had a bunch.

In fact I'm headed to Portland this weekend and plan to hit them and about 10 other craft breweries while there next week.
I've only tried two Deschutes beers. Fresh Squeezed and Chainbreaker White IPA. I tried the Fresh Squeezed because of the hype I've read about it. Lots of IPA's fail to live up to the hype. Fresh Squeezed smashed my expectations. I only tried Chainbreaker because Boulevards Reboot White IPA was a nice surprise for me and I've been searching for white IPA's since. Chainbreaker was very mediocre to me, though.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:22 AM 07-10-2014
I'm ready for Reaper to pick that apart.
Nah, what you like is what you like. We all have preferences. I think Rodenbach Grand Cru is a world classic, but as with every Flanders Red you have to dig acetic acid (vinegar) a bit.
[Reply]
KC native 10:05 AM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Nah, what you like is what you like. We all have preferences. I think Rodenbach Grand Cru is a world classic, but as with every Flanders Red you have to dig acetic acid (vinegar) a bit.
I picked up a 2011 vintage Oak aged Rodenbach (Barrel 95) last week. It was awesome.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:51 AM 07-10-2014
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I think my inexperience at the time had a little to do with my disappointment. I had just had some really good red ales, and if I recall correctly, Grand Cru's bottle just says Red Ale on it. I had no idea what a Flanders Red was at the time. You can imagine my surprise when I took the first sip.
[Reply]
Page 176 of 384
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Up