ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1756 of 3903
« First < 756125616561706174617521753175417551756 175717581759176017661806185622562756 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:18 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We are already at more than that and rising fast.
Looks like the lockdowns weren't all that effective then if that's the metric we want to use then, doesn't it?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:19 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I do feel for the people living in tiny downtown apartments though, especially if they have kids and a wife.
Yeah, it's lack of empathy. Kinda like they say it's always easier to spend someone else's money. And just like now, all the people screaming to stay locked down largely are not being impacted financially.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:19 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You shouldn't be jealous
I'm not, I'm actually sitting in a 1500 sq. Ft. Man cave right now.

And I'm not the one crying here.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:19 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Found a rare restaurant open for dine in at the airport. They removed seating at the bar and closed tables for distancing. All the available seats are taken and there are about 10 people distancing themselves outside of the bar waiting to dine in as well. I think it’s safe to say a lot of people are so ready to get back to any semblance of normal.
We have only 4 options for delivery in my town and they are all pizza shops and I am definitely tired of my own cooking.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:20 PM 05-01-2020
No, saw it on some talking head show somewhere
You probably should fact check stuff like that before saying it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:20 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I do feel for the people living in tiny downtown apartments though, especially if they have kids and a wife.
"His team estimates that more than 19% of people in the same household as a COVID-19 patient, or nearly 1 in 5, can expect to develop the infection. An estimated 14% of close contacts who aren't in the same household but see the patient regularly will also develop the infection themselves, Yang says.

The researchers calculated the risk by using patient information on 212 ''primary" patients, 137 close contacts who developed COVID-19 and 1,938 uninfected close contacts, all in Guangzhou, China. To arrive at the estimates of risk, they also used a statistical model to account for all the differences in exposure level, Yang says, such as whether a household had one person ill or two. The researchers assumed an average incubation period of 4 days and a maximum infectious period of 13 days."

Source
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:21 PM 05-01-2020
And just like now, all the people screaming to stay locked down largely are not being impacted financially.
This isn't true at all.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:22 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
And I'm not the one crying here.
As opposed to your whining about how many billable hours you were losing yesterday?
[Reply]
Monticore 01:23 PM 05-01-2020
Yeah, it's lack of empathy. Kinda like they say it's always easier to spend someone else's money. And just like now, all the people screaming to stay locked down largely are not being impacted financially.
Most people are being impacted financially either through loss of work and the markets.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:24 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Bill Gates thinks there are 8 to 10 promising coronavirus vaccine candidates and one could be ready in as little as 9 months

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...didates-2020-5
So a vaccine will go through all of the rounds of trials, get FDA approval and be scalable to produce and immunize 200+ million people in nine months?

That’s what a vaccine being “ready” means.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:25 PM 05-01-2020
My favorites are the celebrities saying how we are all in this together and to just stay inside. Never mind their inside is several thousand square feet bigger and what not.

You suffer in your tiny living room while I suffer in my 2,000 square foot man cave with full wet bar or lounge around my pool, etc. :-)

Just stay inside...we're all in this together..

Why are you posting pictures of your house?
[Reply]
Donger 01:26 PM 05-01-2020
That was before or after the 2 million?
That was the high end projection of deaths with no mitigation, as you know.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:28 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
As opposed to your whining about how many billable hours you were losing yesterday?
I wasn't whining. I was telling him I'm ok with staying locked down and i lose almost as much money every day as the stimulus check...

Im not surprised your dumb ass didn't get it
[Reply]
TLO 01:31 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I find it feels good so many were asymptomatic but also scary for when we open. They spread it to the family, kids and S/O go spread it at school and work. It seems hard to imagine were not going to see ongoing regional lockdowns all the time.
That many asymptomatic cases makes me think this thing is already everywhere. There's no containing it.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:44 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Looks like the lockdowns weren't all that effective then if that's the metric we want to use then, doesn't it?
If you don't think social distancing prevents the spread of infectious diseases, I'm not sure what else I can say to you for you to believe me.

Do you think that sitting in your home, the virus will come knock on your door and force its way into your lungs? Social distancing always works. The degree it works depends on how drastic the measures are. We have greatly diminished this from moving forward, especially since it was during the cold and flu season.

Every thing you do affects the spread. Leave everything open, way more are effected. If you ONLY shut schools down and left all businesses open it would still decrease the spread. It is a sliding scale on the degree of social distancing a state or country implements.

We are moving out of that and into spring & summer when coronaviruses do not spread AS EASILY. But we still do not know for sure how this novel virus will react. When states & non-essential businesses reopen we can expect more cases.

If you want to re-open the economy. Fine. If you are fine with hundreds of thousands, potentially millions dying from a virus because you believe your way of life or economic prosperity is more beneficial than the consequences. Also fine. That is up to your own personal ideology and of opinion. Indicating social distancing does not work and we have not mitigated the spread of the virus by what we have done so far is just plain ignorant.
[Reply]
Page 1756 of 3903
« First < 756125616561706174617521753175417551756 175717581759176017661806185622562756 > Last »
Up