Page 175 of 660
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185225275 > Last »
Hall of Classics>I have a date.
luv 07:09 PM 06-22-2007
I guess this will be the ****Official TMI Thread****
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:10 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
If you don't feel ready that's one thing, but don't expect her to go out with you without talking on the phone first. Chicks are like that.
Yeah, I'm not dumb. Even I wouldn't meet someone in RL without phoning first.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:17 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by luv:
And when you're not attractive? Self-esteem aside.
Either way, I think a lot of it has to do with self esteem. The reason I included that was because, as someone with a face made for radio, it was incredibly surprising to hear someone ask that kind of question who could walk into a bar/nightclub/Mensa meeting and leave with a guy of their choice (and frankly, a little annoying :-) ).

Other reasons? I wouldn't have a clue... my freshman roommate's girlfriend had lived on a farm all her life and was incredibly naive. It was the only reason I could come up with as to why she stayed with the douche. She did all of his laundry, cleaned, cooked, etc... and he was still a douche. She just didn't know any better.

I'm in the group that's saying "just don't be a doormat," which to a 'nice guy' means "be a little bit of an asshole". Low self esteem is the only reason I can come up with as to why anyone would stay with someone that's an asshole to the point of being abusive (physically or otherwise).
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:19 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Claythan:
I think I'll wait until we actually go out

hey, it's easier to smoothe her over that way, and it's quicker to get to the primary goal of meeting. Plus that you can hear her inflection to see what her intent is.
[Reply]
luv 06:25 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Either way, I think a lot of it has to do with self esteem. The reason I included that was because, as someone with a face made for radio, it was incredibly surprising to hear someone ask that kind of question who could walk into a bar/nightclub/Mensa meeting and leave with a guy of their choice (and frankly, a little annoying :-) ).

Other reasons? I wouldn't have a clue... my freshman roommate's girlfriend had lived on a farm all her life and was incredibly naive. It was the only reason I could come up with as to why she stayed with the douche. She did all of his laundry, cleaned, cooked, etc... and he was still a douche. She just didn't know any better.

I'm in the group that's saying "just don't be a doormat," which to a 'nice guy' means "be a little bit of an asshole". Low self esteem is the only reason I can come up with as to why anyone would stay with someone that's an asshole to the point of being abusive (physically or otherwise).
Some girls are old fashioned in that they don't mind doing stuff like that. I used to throw his laundry in with mine, especially when I needed to make a load. I guess it's just the luck of the draw if you're gonna get someone who won't take advantage of that.
[Reply]
bogey 06:26 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
hey, it's easier to smoothe her over that way, and it's quicker to get to the primary goal of meeting. Plus that you can hear her inflection to see what her intent is.
Yeah, inflection in the voice can be very telling.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:28 PM 08-19-2008
I used to throw his laundry in with mine, especially when I needed to make a load.
Guys will let you do that without you doing their laundry. Sheesh.
[Reply]
bogey 06:33 PM 08-19-2008
Some girls are old fashioned in that they don't mind doing stuff like that. I used to throw his laundry in with mine, especially when I needed to make a load. I guess it's just the luck of the draw if you're gonna get someone who won't take advantage of that.
You just need to find someone in the same place in his life as you. Your last asshole wasn't there. Guys out there just looking to get laid aren't in the same place as you either. I get the feeling you're looking for something long term and stable. If you search on-line, I would make that very clear from the get go. That will help weed out the assholes. The right guy IS out there. I promise.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:35 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
If you don't feel ready that's one thing, but don't expect her to go out with you without talking on the phone first. Chicks are like that.
You know how many chicks I've met and banged that I met off the internet that I didn't talk to on the phone? Just about all of them. But then again, I'm lazy. If a girl is going to waste my time wanting to talk on the phone for hours on end, I'll probably just give up and move to the next one unless she's really hot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:36 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
You know how many chicks I've met and banged that I met off the internet that I didn't talk to on the phone? Just about all of them. But then again, I'm lazy.
Where do you find these fine e-honeys? I want details. You could be an invaluable resource in my quest for pussy.
[Reply]
luv 06:40 PM 08-19-2008
Where do you find these fine e-honeys? I want details. You could be an invaluable resource in my quest for pussy.
How on earth can you like someone you're talking to, but still be hunting for some floozy to bang? Maybe it's the chick in me, but I don't think you have to sacrifice your standards for your first time. And the last thing this world needs is another player.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:41 PM 08-19-2008
Is that what they're calling it these days? It's OK if you're a pervert, sib, we don't judge.

I think that's more like a lemon party.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:41 PM 08-19-2008
How on earth can you like someone you're talking to, but still be hunting for some floozy to bang?
Like I said, I'm keeping her on the back burner. She's a nice gal. In the meantime, I can practice on floozies for when I actually get to bang the nice gal - in five years.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:43 PM 08-19-2008
How on earth can you like someone you're talking to, but still be hunting for some floozy to bang? Maybe it's the chick in me, but I don't think you have to sacrifice your standards for your first time. And the last thing this world needs is another player.
The back-to-back posts by bogey and BWillie make for a good summary of this thread. It's all over the place, just like Claythan.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:45 PM 08-19-2008
In related news, I think I got a 38-year old MILF all hot and bothered. I have a good feeling about this. I'll probably just end up in a bathtub full of ice with my kidneys ripped out, but whateva. I'm Indiana ****ing Jones.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:46 PM 08-19-2008
In related news, I think I got a 38-year old MILF all hot and bothered. I have a good feeling about this. I'll probably just end up in a bathtub full of ice with my kidneys ripped out, but whateva. I'm Indiana ****ing Jones.
:-)

At least you're having fun with your new Planet schtick.
[Reply]
Page 175 of 660
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185225275 > Last »
Up