ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 175 of 791
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185225275675 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Warrick 02:13 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Except we saw how much poor safety play hurt our defense. We lost Hunt and replaced him with Williams and didn’t miss a beat on offense. Bell is a luxury we don’t need with how awful our defense was.
I can't imagine not scoring a single point had Hunt been in the first half of Patriots game, he was electric against them. Yes, the defense let us down as well.
[Reply]
Iconic 02:13 PM 03-07-2019
According to some random source that knows them both - both spags and Collins would love a reunion.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:14 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Prove it with numbers, not insults.

The talent doesn't need to be the same for the production to be the same, or near enough the same to not warrant the significant increase in cost.

You know this. This does not need to be explained. You're just excited over the name more than the production.

A RB that, on his last played season, had a down year, with over 300 carries (wear and tear), missed all of last season, and wants to be paid $16M a year.

C'mon man, you for real right now? That has "Epic Mistake" written all over it.
I'm going to argue the year away helps his body be recovered for one...also the money means nothing. The Chiefs need to be all in and they can structure that contract to work along with other new players.

Personally in my view the best receiving back in the league would be a big deal in this offense with these guys.

If you can sign Sammy Watkins don't turn around and tell me that Le'Veon Bell is some luxury you can't possibly handle. Time to stop sitting on the fence and go for it.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:15 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We're just a few weeks removed from making fun of teams like the Raiders and Jets for being desperate enough pay Bell that kind of coin.

Good organizations don't pay that kind of coin to RB's. Period.

That's why he's not a Steeler.

That's part of the reason we all wanted Mahomes. To stop paying fucking RB's like Larry Johnson and Jamaal Charles.
The Steelers aren't a good organization at the moment.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:15 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
According to some random source that knows them both - both spags and Collins would love a reunion.
You know the drill. Post that shit!!

Bell wants to play with Collins as well
[Reply]
tredadda 02:15 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you are going to argue that there is no difference in Damian Williams and Le'Veon Bell you are dense...that's like the Cardinals drafting Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson...that decision cost them a superbowl.
No one is arguing that Bell isn’t better (at least they shouldn’t). Just he is not a player this team needs. We can score points regardless of who our RB is. Bell is a luxury until the defense is even competent. We scored 51 points and lost, 40 and lost and we also lost the AFC Championship game because the defense could not make a stop when it mattered. How much of a difference in those three scenarios would Bell have made? Not sure, but a better safety than we were fielding might have changed one of those outcomes. Pretty sure a top end safety would have prevented the Gronk catch in the AFCCG that Berry allowed and perhaps would have prevented at least one of those critical third down conversions.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:16 PM 03-07-2019
A lockout in 2021 is coming, I really don't know why anyone doesn't want to be all in right now...
[Reply]
Mecca 02:17 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
No one is arguing that Bell isn’t better (at least they shouldn’t). Just he is not a player this team needs. We can score points regardless of who our RB is. Bell is a luxury until the defense is even competent. We scored 51 points and lost, 40 and lost and we also lost the AFC Championship game because the defense could not make a stop when it mattered. How much of a difference in those three scenarios would Bell have made? Not sure, but a better safety than we were fielding might have changed one of those outcomes. Pretty sure a top end safety would have prevented the Gronk catch in the AFCCG that Berry allowed and perhaps would have prevented at least one of those critical third down conversions.
I'm arguing for both not 1 or the other...this team can go sign several guys.
[Reply]
O.city 02:18 PM 03-07-2019
Being aggressive is one thing.

Signing a RB who's been suspended 2 times, is a bit injury prone and just sat out a year to a deal for 16 mil per year is another.

It's not smart. Running backs are the easiest position to find.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:18 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
I can't imagine not scoring a single point had Hunt been in the first half of Patriots game, he was electric against them. Yes, the defense let us down as well.
Impossible to know, although we weren’t exactly lighting up the scoreboard the first time we faced NE with Hunt in the lineup in the first half.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:19 PM 03-07-2019
Rosenthal saying that thinks Dee Ford is essentially an “ex-Chief”
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 02:20 PM 03-07-2019
Dorsey can have Dee for the 17th overall pick
[Reply]
tredadda 02:20 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm arguing for both not 1 or the other...this team can go sign several guys.
True, but only if we get rid of some of our dead weight (Houston and Berry). We still need to ensure we have the coin to pay some other key players like Hill, Jones, and eventually Mahomes.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 02:20 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Rosenthal saying that thinks Dee Ford is essentially an “ex-Chief”
Where’d you see or hear that?
[Reply]
O.city 02:22 PM 03-07-2019

.@JasonLaCanfora on @CBSSportsRadio with some interesting new info on AB trade: "If the Chiefs could do it, they would. I don't see the Steelers trading him to the Chiefs." He's also heard the ESPN interview caused some teams to back out of the trade talks.

— Andrew Fillipponi (@ThePoniExpress) March 7, 2019

[Reply]
Page 175 of 791
« First < 75125165171172173174175 176177178179185225275675 > Last »
Up