[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:53 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Fowler with a broken foot tonight.
Shucks.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:13 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
They had to relieve the outfield logjam, but Pham was not the one that should have gone.

Throwing out the money and just looking at performance(PGM's irrational Pham hate aside)and Fowler, by a large margin, should have been the odd man out. Pham was not going to replicate his last year, but even with his streaks he was light years ahead of Fowler.
It's not irrational. He's a 30 year old that had a fluke year. He's a backup role player at best. That's not a terrible thing, but Mo bet on him as a regular in the TWO spot and like I said would happen....it was a disaster
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:14 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Fowler with a broken foot tonight.
well that sucks. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:25 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Shucks.
Mo is really pissing me off.

Mo claimed Fowler was playing very well the past several games, when he spoke to the media about the injury.

Whatever the fuck your doing Mo stop insulting our intelligence. We have eyes, we can see the games. We can read the box score you dick.

This is playing “very well”?

Last 7 games .050, .200, .050
Last 15 games, .178, .309, .289
Last 30 games .189, .272, .333
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:48 AM 08-04-2018
Now if only someone would hit Ozuna in the wrist with a 105MPH fastball.

Dude probably cost Stl the game last night with his shit defense, arm, and base running and lack of offense.

All on display in 1 game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:59 AM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Dude probably cost Stl the game last night with his shit defense, arm, and base running and lack of offense.

Yadi and Dejong in the 2 and 3 holes murdered that offense last night. Frankly, the whole team had a hand in it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:18 AM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Yeah, that stupid base running mistake was at little league level. There were many mistakes made in that one play by Ozunza.

He had the play in front of him, he could see everything. He was just standing there frozen for most of the play. He knows you have another base runner in front of him.

He doesn't even look at 3B to see if his teammate was held up. I don't think DeJong would have scored because he also had to stay close to 2B in case the ball was caught and there were no outs so no need to push DeJong in.

That throw in from a short LF was so pathetic that something has to be more serious with his shoulder than the team let on. And if thats true, it has to be effecting his swing and power.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:21 AM 08-04-2018
This season has been a success, fire that turd Mo and it's a standing ovation. Matheny, Mabry, and Pham flushed in one year :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:24 AM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yadi and Dejong in the 2 and 3 holes murdered that offense last night. Frankly, the whole team had a hand in it.
I think Yadi has been okay until last night in the #2 hole. Shildt had to do something to shake the lineup up. We all know Carp should be batting in the 2nd spot but you cant move him because of some mental block within Carp.

DrJong should be down in 5/6. O'neill should be given a shot at the #3 hole.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 AM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No manager, no coaches, no outfielders, no active starting pitchers remain on Cards roster from this time two years ago.
With Meathead gone, the #1 reason this team couldn't move forward is gone, more changes need to be made. However, I'm trying to ignore my belief that Mo needs to go and get back to being the resident homer.

DJ and Hamas, I've seen Munoz make 3 defensive spectacular plays in his last 3 games. He has made all the routine plays except for the flip to 1B from 3 yards away. Is this just a good run for him? Or do you guys still see him as lacking the defensive skills to be a regular starting player at the big show?

Do you guys see anything different in O'Neill this time up? Is he better? It looks like he is laying off that outside sliders that caused him to have all those strikeouts. I knew he was fast but it looks like he is also taking the correct routes going full speed to go get a ball too. Taking the ball with 2 strikes where its pitched instead of trying to pull it into a DP.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:47 AM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
With Meathead gone, the #1 reason this team couldn't move forward is gone, more changes need to be made. However, I'm trying to ignore my belief that Mo needs to go and get back to being the resident homer.

DJ and Hamas, I've seen Munoz make 3 defensive spectacular plays in his last 3 games. He has made all the routine plays except for the flip to 1B from 3 yards away. Is this just a good run for him? Or do you guys still see him as lacking the defensive skills to be a regular starting player at the big show?

Do you guys see anything different in O'Neill this time up? Is he better? It looks like he is laying off that outside sliders that caused him to have all those strikeouts. I knew he was fast but it looks like he is also taking the correct routes going full speed to go get a ball too. Taking the ball with 2 strikes where its pitched instead of trying to pull it into a DP.
Small sample size, but what strikes me as somewhat different with ONeill this time around is he seems “quieter” at the plate, which for me is different than just patience. Now we are yet to see some real damage, but if they keep playing him that should come. Again small sample size, but the game seems to have slowed down for him a bit.

I think Munoz has grown as a hitter. I think he fits best in a Descalso type role, although we already have that in Garcia who also hits left handed. In Munoz defense, he has apparently played all over the field in the past. Not many people can be good at multiple positions especially at the big league level. If he played everyday at one position I think you would see some improvement.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:18 PM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Williams is too high, IMO and Cabrera is too low. I'd put Capel at 9, Cabrera at 10, Roberts 11 and then Williams 12.
theres an article on the Athletic that slobbers all over Cabrera’s knob. He’s got the gifs to back up his position. He says it was the steal of the trade. He can be a top of the rotation pitcher not a #5. I’m assuming you have the Athletic..... is the guy full of shit or making a good point.
[Reply]
George Liquor 10:28 AM 08-05-2018
Tyson Ross off of waivers from San Diego.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:34 AM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
That's a good move. He's not great, but he's a touch better than Gant, who has had some decent performances as the long man in the pen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:38 AM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
what am I missing here? Google tells me with a quick search he’s a 31 year old JAG, if that. We don’t need any more old relievers in the pen. Has he pitched good lately or something?
[Reply]
Page 174 of 301
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up