ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 173 of 3903
« First < 73123163169170171172173 1741751761771832232736731173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jd1020 01:45 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
You don't even need hot water.

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show...ndwashing.html
I'm just pointing out the "/semantics" part. There's a big difference from F and C. Anything above like 110F starts to become unbearable and 120 is the safety threshold.
[Reply]
Donger 01:45 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show...ndwashing.html

Cold or hot water.
I remember arguing with my mother-in-law about that.

"Make sure that you get the water as hot as possible!" To my kids when they were washing their hands."

Me: "Why?"

Her: "It's kills germs better when it's hot water!"

Me: "That doesn't make any se...." Looks over at wife with death in her eyes.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:46 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I'm just pointing out the "/semantics" part. There's a big difference from F and C. Anything above like 110F starts to become unbearable and 120 is the safety threshold.
I know, I'm agreeing with you. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:47 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Comparing this to pre-hurricane hysteria, in some ways it is not as bad because at least gas stations are normal, but with hurricane panic you can anticipate the supplies that will run out (batteries, bottled water, etc.), while this seems much more random with the supplies that are in high demand (toilet paper).
Had a run on eggs at my local store. Not sure why. First time I've ever seen them sold completely out.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:48 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’ve been sick for a week. It’s been kinda fun going around spitting on everything.

The things you enjoy after turning 60.
Like coughing on masked Chinese people at Costco trying to cut you off with their basket full of TP. It's like parting the sea.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:48 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I remember arguing with my mother-in-law about that.

"Make sure that you get the water as hot as possible!" To my kids when they were washing their hands."

Me: "Why?"

Her: "It's kills germs better when it's hot water!"

Me: "That doesn't make any se...." Looks over at wife with death in her eyes.
:-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:50 PM 03-12-2020
Lets be honest I think it's too late and this virus is going to spread like a wildfire from hell.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:50 PM 03-12-2020
Walmarts near me opened a 3rd register. All I need to know about how serious this thing is.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:51 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Walmarts near me opened a 3rd register. All I need to know about how serious this thing is.
:-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:53 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
When target does the same we will really be fucked
[Reply]
Mecca 01:54 PM 03-12-2020
To show you the humor in some of this...my 17 year old step son literally doesn't understand what everyones problem is....he's the idiot that would break quarantine.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:56 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lets be honest I think it's too late and this virus is going to spread like a wildfire from hell.
Especially if those findings are confirmed - that people are actually shed the virus (are most contagious) before they get symptoms.

I'd like to see it confirmed but that would explain an awful lot.

It would be really great if we could get S. Korea level testing here ASAP so people know if they're spreading it. They test 10k per day. We've done 11k tests total. The CDC has miserably dropped the ball on this and it could cost a lot of lives before it's all over.
[Reply]
alnorth 01:59 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Especially if those findings are confirmed - that people are actually shed the virus (are most contagious) before they get symptoms.

It would be really great if we could get S. Korea level testing here ASAP so people know if they're spreading it. They test 10k per day. We've done 11k tests total. The CDC has miserably dropped the ball on this and it could cost a lot of lives before it's all over.
We're 'Merica. You ain't gonna test me! We're doomed.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:00 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by alnorth:
We're 'Merica. You ain't gonna test me! We're doomed.
Testing violates peoples privacy man! The same reason kids in school all have lice now cause they don't check.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:01 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Especially if those findings are confirmed - that people are actually shed the virus (are most contagious) when they don't have symptoms yet.

It would be really great if we could get S. Korea level testing here ASAP so people know if they're spreading it. They test 10k per day. We've done 11k tests total.
Fuck that. You're going to get it at some point so :-) and move on. Most people don't get very sick at all. What are you proposing, martial law? You passed total hysteria about 10k miles back
[Reply]
Page 173 of 3903
« First < 73123163169170171172173 1741751761771832232736731173 > Last »
Up