ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 173 of 232
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017-2018 NBA Playoffs thread!
Al Bundy 08:21 PM 04-13-2018

We'll see if the Warriors recover from the end of the season stretch of stinkers.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:55 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because we’re talking about 6 finals trips vs. 2. That is ****ing ridiculous and you can’t just dismiss it.
Sure I can. I just did. I'll do it again.

Kyrie is really good at one thing in basketball...scoring. Mediocre at everything else. Pippen was not as good a scorer as Kyrie (although certainly quite good at it) and far better at EVERYTHING else. They aren't close as players.
[Reply]
Best22 10:55 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Wade won a title with nothing but an old ass Shaq. Dont be stupid.
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
This argument is getting tired, but as has already been pointed out in this thread neither Lebron’s teams nor Jordan’s 90’s Bulls teams win a single title w/o their respective alpha dogs.

As far as whose supporting cast was better: Jordan’s Bulls teams were definitely better than the current Cavs and the 2007 Cavs, and maybe equivalent to the Lebron/Kyrie led teams, but Lebron’s Heat squad that he put together was better than any team Jordan ever played on, talent wise. So enough with the excuses about Bron Bron’s supporting cast not being good enough to get it done.

He’s 3-5 in the Finals now and should be at least 5-3. The Mavs loss was brutal (including Lebron’s performance in that series) and they should/could have beaten the Spurs.

Jordan never laid an egg in the Finals. That’s all that needs to be said about that.
Agree with 2011, but Lebron averaged 28ppg vs the Spurs in 2014 and still got blown out
[Reply]
Best22 10:56 PM 05-31-2018
Wade won a title with nothing but an old ass Shaq. Dont be stupid.
Lol. The NBA was a joke in 2006. Who were the great teams? Kobe wasting away on the talentless Lakers? Lebron's Cavs? It was a different era. Miami doesn't beat Boston or Indiana without Lebron

The league has been far more talented since 2011
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:57 PM 05-31-2018
Somebody needs to send these refs to Vegas, because I don't think they have any clue what a strip is supposed to look like. A brutally brutally badly officiated 4th quarter, even with the controversial blocking/charge aside.

Hill strips Durant clean on a post up but gets called for his fifth foul - ABC pic.twitter.com/9qscBPL5D4

— The Render (@TheRenderNBA) June 1, 2018

In real time, it looked like a foul too... pic.twitter.com/8YCCZjOhsG

— BBALLBREAKDOWN (@bballbreakdown) June 1, 2018

Lebron Called for Foul on Clean Strip - ESPN pic.twitter.com/KASgJMMmPz

— The Render (@TheRenderNBA) June 1, 2018

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:58 PM 05-31-2018
Wait, what happened at the end of regulation? I missed this Warrior gifted abortion of a game.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:59 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Lol. The NBA was a joke in 2006. Who were the great teams? Kobe wasting away on the talentless Lakers? Lebron's Cavs? It was a different era. Miami doesn't beat Boston or Indiana without Lebron

The league has been far more talented since 2011
Well they best a Dallas team similar to the one that handed Lebron his ass.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:01 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Sure I can. I just did. I'll do it again.

Kyrie is really good at one thing in basketball...scoring. Mediocre at everything else. Pippen was not as good a scorer as Kyrie (although certainly quite good at it) and far better at EVERYTHING else. They aren't close as players.

Scoring is #1 though and you’re only dismissing it because it doesn’t fit your narrative. And what about Wade? Much better offensively and a solid defender.

Again, I’m not saying one is better than the other. I’m saying you need to stop acting like having a #2 like Wade/Kyrie and a #3 like Bosh/Love is some ****ing crutch and there’s a huge difference in the supporting casts. It’s dishonest and goes to show how ridiculously biased you are.

You’re trying to punish MJ for winning by harping on “team accomplishment” and using it against him by making the team surrounding him better than it really was.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:03 PM 05-31-2018
Big Cat, what happened at the end of this game?
[Reply]
Best22 11:05 PM 05-31-2018
Well they best a Dallas team similar to the one that handed Lebron his ass.
Different coaches for both teams from 2006 and 2011
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:05 PM 05-31-2018
Agree with 2011, but Lebron averaged 28ppg vs the Spurs in 2014 and still got blown out
Yes, offensively, Lebron played fairly well in the 2014 series. But his defense against the Spurs left something to be desired. Leonard shot 68% to win Finals MVP, including shooting 65% for the series when being guarded by Lebron.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:05 PM 05-31-2018
Different coaches for both teams
You're reaching big time now.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:11 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Big Cat, what happened at the end of this game?
Really? You're going to rely on a guy who clearly doesn't like Lebron?

Here's what happened with less than 2 minutes left. And either side will agree that this is an accurate story.

Lebron got called for a bullshit foul on a legit Durant strip. Turnover turned into a Golden State 3 point play
Durant got called for a charge the play after. Refs reviewed if he was in the restricted area. Reverse the charge and Durant scores 2 (but the call was actually correct).
Cavs end up charging back. Have a chance to win it. George Hill misses a 2nd go-ahead free throw. JR Smith stupidly doesn't realize the game is tied and runs out the clock.
Durant gets another botched strip call in OT. GS goes up and Cavs completely fold.

The Cavs had 2 opportunities to close and completely ****ed it up Lebron didn't close in OT. But that doesn't excuse that the refs were an absolute abortion in the 4th quarter on literally the same exact missed stripped ball call on the same exact player 3 times in a 5 minute 4Q/OT stretch.
[Reply]
Best22 11:14 PM 05-31-2018
You're reaching big time now.
Don't have to reach

Lebron should have won in 2011, but you're naive if you think dumping Lebron from the 2011 Heat leads to a Miami win

Fact is, the NBA wasn't very good in 2006.

The Heat don't win anything from 2011-2014 without Lebron. Maybe an ECF in 2011, but no more
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:22 PM 05-31-2018
Pro sports are so corrupt, it's impossible to take these games seriously anymore. Sounds like a WWNFLE finish.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:24 PM 05-31-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Scoring is #1 though and you’re only dismissing it because it doesn’t fit your narrative. And what about Wade? Much better offensively and a solid defender.

Again, I’m not saying one is better than the other. I’m saying you need to stop acting like having a #2 like Wade/Kyrie and a #3 like Bosh/Love is some ****ing crutch and there’s a huge difference in the supporting casts. It’s dishonest and goes to show how ridiculously biased you are.

You’re trying to punish MJ for winning by harping on “team accomplishment” and using it against him by making the team surrounding him better than it really was.
Kyrie is a great player. Him + MJ with todays rules would be pretty much unstoppable. People forget MJ averaged 37 ppg and 35 ppg in two consecutive seasons. Put him in todays NBA where you get a foul if you put a fingernail on a player w Kyrie they'd be a huge force much better than LeBron and Kyrie.

Most importantly and an often overlooked fact - Kyrie wouldn't leave the Cavs because MJ wasn't a team hopper like LeBron is
[Reply]
Page 173 of 232
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183223 > Last »
Up