luv 07:09 PM 06-22-2007
I guess this will be the ****Official TMI Thread****
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:49 PM 08-19-2008
Good advice there...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:51 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Yep - see if she initiates it beyond "hey, what's up?" and see if she can drive the conversation.
She doesn't seem like the type based on what I already know about her, but I'll let her twist in the wind I guess. Seems like an asshole thing to do, though.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 04:01 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Claythan:
She doesn't seem like the type based on what I already know about her, but I'll let her twist in the wind I guess. Seems like an asshole thing to do, though.
Chicks dig assholes.

Really, both interest and conversation should be reciprocal so let her lead.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:02 PM 08-19-2008
Chicks dig assholes.
Not this one.
[Reply]
JOhn 04:03 PM 08-19-2008
WOW, someone else who has no life :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:06 PM 08-19-2008
Nice guys finish last, don't act like she's your everything by kissing her ass or being super nice until you officially have her...

Girls don't dig super nice guys they use them as door mats
[Reply]
JOhn 04:08 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:

:-):-)
[Reply]
Phobia 04:19 PM 08-19-2008
Nice guys finish last, don't act like she's your everything by kissing her ass or being super nice until you officially have her...

That's probably okay as a general rule but I think I've done pretty well for myself in that department and I've always treated women with a great deal of respect and been incredibly nice. So I don't know if I'm an exception to the rule or I've just dated the exceptions. Of course I'm speaking entirely in terms of dating - my first marriage was another story altogether.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:19 PM 08-19-2008

That's not really the vibe I'm getting from this one. She doesn't even use foul language.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:25 PM 08-19-2008
Not this one.
It doesn't mean you have to blow her off or intentionally take 3 minutes between messages.... but, there's a fine line between 'taking it slow' and 'I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend'. And by 'I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend', she means 'I wasn't ever really interested' or 'you missed your chance'.

Like others have said, if you're available all the time and are carrying the conversation, how do you know if she's interested, or just bored and doesn't want to be rude?

You don't have to be someone you're not or play elaborate games... just don't be the puppy that is jumping up and down in the doorway when she comes home everyday.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:28 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It doesn't mean you have to blow her off or intentionally take 3 minutes between messages.... but, there's a fine line between 'taking it slow' and 'I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend'. And by 'I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend', she means 'I wasn't ever really interested' or 'you missed your chance'.

Like others have said, if you're available all the time and are carrying the conversation, how do you know if she's interested, or just bored and doesn't want to be rude?
I don't even talk to her everyday. She was sitting there online for like three days in a row and I purposefully ignored her because I was told to in this wonderful thread. Then she messaged me the next day.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:39 PM 08-19-2008
I don't even talk to her everyday. She was sitting there online for like three days in a row and I purposefully ignored her because I was told to in this wonderful thread. Then she messaged me the next day.
Cool. :-)

I learned the "girls like it if you're a little bit of an asshole" far too late in life, so I give my two cents to any 'nice guy' looking for advice.
[Reply]
luv 04:44 PM 08-19-2008
Chicks dig assholes.
Yes and no. It's a fine line. You want to show interest, but not seem desparate. You want to appear to have a life, but don't be too busy to meet her. Etc, etc, etc....

I'm one who falls for charmers. Maybe that's where my problem lies.
[Reply]
bogey 04:47 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Phobia:
That's probably okay as a general rule but I think I've done pretty well for myself in that department and I've always treated women with a great deal of respect and been incredibly nice. So I don't know if I'm an exception to the rule or I've just dated the exceptions. Of course I'm speaking entirely in terms of dating - my first marriage was another story altogether.
See I agree with this. I suppose dating is different than it was in my day, but I did pretty well with the nice guy approach. I even used the shy, nice guy approach a lot and it really worked well. Maybe the ladies have evolved away from that.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 04:50 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by luv:
Yes and no. It's a fine line. You want to show interest, but not seem desparate. You want to appear to have a life, but don't be too busy to meet her. Etc, etc, etc....

I'm one who falls for charmers. Maybe that's where my problem lies.
I'm not saying be a complete dickbag.. just don't be the nicest guy in the world willing to do anything and everything at any time ie. a pushover. Have your own life, make decisions, don't always drop whatever you're doing, etc. I'm not saying you need to be rude, but as bearcat said you can't be that puppy waiting for her to get home.
[Reply]
Page 173 of 660
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183223273 > Last »
Up