ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 172 of 178
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:16 AM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
This year's playoffs turned out to be pretty awful honestly.. hopefully next year's will be better.
Western conference was awesome. Both of Dallas’ series against okc and Minnesota were spectacular. Minn/den were awesome except way too blowout heavy.

It’s just the eastern conference because those teams aren’t good and injuries were insane. Way way too many superstars got hurt on that side of the house.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:19 AM 06-13-2024

On June 13, 2019, the Toronto Raptors won their first NBA Title in Franchise history �� pic.twitter.com/0qbQyAmUbo

— TSN (@TSN_Sports) June 13, 2024

A better Finals.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:20 AM 06-13-2024
You're a ****ing weirdo.
I didn't see you in here complaining about the entertainment value of the playoffs when LeBron was more involved. In fact, his presence was frequently the only reason you would post.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:07 AM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Western conference was awesome. Both of Dallas’ series against okc and Minnesota were spectacular. Minn/den were awesome except way too blowout heavy.

It’s just the eastern conference because those teams aren’t good and injuries were insane. Way way too many superstars got hurt on that side of the house.
I'll give you the Thunder series but how you figure Dallas-Minnesota series was awesome? It was basically over before it started when Mavs got a 3-0 lead.

Boring playoffs happens sometimes in all of sports so hopefully just an anomaly. There were some good series for sure so I'm hopeful for the future. Spurs should be back in playoffs soon with Wemby so that should get playoff bball more exciting.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I don't believe a team ever swept both the Conference Finals and NBA Finals. This run is historic.
Yeah - it's hard to call picking on mediocre teams 'historic'.

What the Chiefs did was historic; getting through very probably the hardest gauntlet in NFL post-season history.

The Celtics are just treating above average basketball teams like they're above average.

I mean, has Boston played a top 10 team in these playoffs? If they have, it's close. Based on pure ability I'd say you're looking at a couple of teirs:

Boston
OKC, Denver, Minn, NYK
LAC, Phx, Philly (when healthy)
Indy, LAL, Mil, NOLA, Dallas, Cle, Miami

They've maybe knocked off a single top 10 team in this run? The rest are pretty average squads, most of whom weren't anywhere near their best due to injury.

The east was shitty and they got one of the worst teams out of the West in the finals. Minnesota and Denver playing each other prior to the WCF really helped clear the decks for them. OKC stepping on their dicks didn't help either.

Things really couldn't have been any easier for them.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:36 AM 06-13-2024
This year's playoffs turned out to be pretty awful honestly.. hopefully next year's will be better.
I've actually enjoyed the playoffs this year. Refreshing to have new blood and less Lebron.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:43 AM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I've actually enjoyed the playoffs this year. Refreshing to have new blood and less Lebron.
Glad to hear that man. To each their own.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:50 AM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Coogs:
No LeBron, KD, or Steph. I love it.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:44 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - it's hard to call picking on mediocre teams 'historic'.

What the Chiefs did was historic; getting through very probably the hardest gauntlet in NFL post-season history.

The Celtics are just treating above average basketball teams like they're above average.

I mean, has Boston played a top 10 team in these playoffs? If they have, it's close. Based on pure ability I'd say you're looking at a couple of teirs:

Boston
OKC, Denver, Minn, NYK
LAC, Phx, Philly (when healthy)
Indy, LAL, Mil, NOLA, Dallas, Cle, Miami

They've maybe knocked off a single top 10 team in this run? The rest are pretty average squads, most of whom weren't anywhere near their best due to injury.

The east was shitty and they got one of the worst teams out of the West in the finals. Minnesota and Denver playing each other prior to the WCF really helped clear the decks for them. OKC stepping on their dicks didn't help either.

Things really couldn't have been any easier for them.
Actually, things could have been easier for them. They could have had Porzingis for the entire playoffs.

The competition wasn't great but they still have a chance to make history tomorrow night and complete sweeps in the final two rounds.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:18 PM 06-13-2024
I'll give you the Thunder series but how you figure Dallas-Minnesota series was awesome? It was basically over before it started when Mavs got a 3-0 lead.

Boring playoffs happens sometimes in all of sports so hopefully just an anomaly. There were some good series for sure so I'm hopeful for the future. Spurs should be back in playoffs soon with Wemby so that should get playoff bball more exciting.
I mean, in the final 4 series in the west you had bonafide superstars and a sneak peek at the exciting faces of the future. Jokic, sga, Edwards, Luka. Even if Dallas handled Minnesota it felt evenly matched and many felt if Minnesota won game 5 Minnesota would actually be the favorite of the series.

Despite the outcome I still think Minnesota should’ve handled Dallas.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:39 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Brian Windhorst destroying Luka right now

Good lord, Brian Windhorst just unloaded the clip on Luka Doncic pic.twitter.com/nA4TOMLfNA

— Ahmed/The Ears/IG: BigBizTheGod 🇸🇴 (@big_business_) June 13, 2024

[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:56 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Nick Wright says he texted Brian Windhorst after Windy's viral postgame rant about Luka on ESPN:

"The table was set for feast on Luka day today in a way that was not fair to his performance or him fouling out." pic.twitter.com/oixldtT0Lx

— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) June 13, 2024

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:54 PM 06-13-2024
Anybody getting excited about the draft?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:48 PM 06-14-2024
No sweep in this one.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:59 PM 06-14-2024
You can't have this bad of a title team doing anything historic. Thank God.
[Reply]
Page 172 of 178
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176 > Last »
Up