ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 172 of 293
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:33 PM 03-13-2018
So Frank Mason and Devonte Graham, two throw-in recruits, become first team AA and Wooden nominees. Either that's insane luck or Bail and his staff spotted the two biggest unhidden gems of this entire decade in the sport.

In 2013 our 6-man recruiting class was: Wiggins, Embiid, Selden, Frankamp, Greene and Mason. One became POY. He would've been my 6th guess.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:11 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So Frank Mason and Devonte Graham, two throw-in recruits, become first team AA and Wooden nominees. Either that's insane luck or Bail and his staff spotted the two biggest unhidden gems of this entire decade in the sport.

In 2013 our 6-man recruiting class was: Wiggins, Embiid, Selden, Frankamp, Greene and Mason. One became POY. He would've been my 6th guess.
And who would have thought Embiid would be the best pro and first to be an all-star?
[Reply]
Pablo 05:18 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Let's forget about the Penn 3p defense for a few minutes..... how does Penn score? Inside? Outside? Driving?
All of the above. Averaging 132 points/game the last 10 games. Unstoppable juggernaut 16 seed of doom I tell ya.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:45 PM 03-13-2018
Let's forget about the Penn 3p defense for a few minutes..... how does Penn score? Inside? Outside? Driving?
They shoot a ton of threes. Actually slightly more than Kansas actually. Means a lot of variance as far as their offense. If they have a good shooting day, it's going to be difficult for Kansas to stop them.

They are basically the perfect team to upset Kansas in just about every way. Be prepared.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:51 PM 03-13-2018
Lmao
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:29 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Lmao
I wish it was a laughing matter and that KU wasn't at real risk of losing to a underseeded #16 in a way they never have been before. Just be prepared.

[Reply]
PHOG 07:34 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I wish it was a laughing matter and that KU wasn't at real risk of losing to a underseeded #16 in a way they never have been before. Just be prepared.

Oh, you're serious. My bad.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 07:36 PM 03-13-2018
They shoot a ton of threes. Actually slightly more than Kansas actually. Means a lot of variance as far as their offense. If they have a good shooting day, it's going to be difficult for Kansas to stop them.

They are basically the perfect team to upset Kansas in just about every way. Be prepared.
I think this is the difference between what looks like a good upset on paper and what actually transpires on the court. They were the 3 seed in the Ivy League. Their players aren't as fast, aren't as tall. If we completely back off and let them shoot, then maybe they are a threat. If what they do is shoot the three, my guess is Bill is going to emphasize that and not be afraid to let the KU bigs guard any possible drives. Its just a different class of athlete. Remember, there are no athletic scholarships in the Ivy League. They aren't there to pursue a future pro career somewhere.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:37 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
I'd love for you to be right,a small ML wager in Vegas,a bigger spread wager and the countless number of times I could bust jayhawkers balls on The Strip this weekend.

Oh and before anyone chimes in I already know MIZZOU sucks and lost to Norfolk State,Georgia etc. etc.
I kind of want to buy some Norfolk State gear, and head into Columbia for a game sometime. But I'm sure that's been played out.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:38 PM 03-13-2018
Oh, you're serious. My bad.
Of course I'm serious. Penn's defensive style perfectly matches KU, they take a ton of 3s, they are way underseeded for a #16, and their opponent's statistical profile is more like a normal #3 or #4 seed than a #1.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:39 PM 03-13-2018
Of course I'm serious. Penn's defensive style perfectly matches KU, they take a ton of 3s, they are way underseeded for a #16, and their opponent's statistical profile is more like a normal #3 or #4 seed than a #1.
Well, then go bet the house on them. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 07:41 PM 03-13-2018
White guys. They score with white guys.

4 out of their 5 scorers are dirty rotten crackers.

On second thought, I like our chances.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:42 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
I think this is the difference between what looks like a good upset on paper and what actually transpires on the court. They were the 3 seed in the Ivy League. Their players aren't as fast, aren't as tall. If we completely back off and let them shoot, then maybe they are a threat. If what they do is shoot the three, my guess is Bill is going to emphasize that and not be afraid to let the KU bigs guard any possible drives. Its just a different class of athlete. Remember, there are no athletic scholarships in the Ivy League. They aren't there to pursue a future pro career somewhere.
Sure it's a different class of athlete, but even that might be a little bit overstated. It's not like this particular KU team is full of future NBA players as usual. They have one NBA level athlete but he has no idea how to play basketball.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:43 PM 03-13-2018
Well, then go bet the house on them. :-)
I have. Well not the house, but something.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:44 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

NCAA MONEYBALL: Get Top 75 recruits who can score & pass, that are undersized. Because, what are they gonna do? Go to the NBA early?
[Reply]
Page 172 of 293
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222272 > Last »
Up