ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1714 of 4909
« First < 714121416141664170417101711171217131714 171517161717171817241764181422142714 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 02:28 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
FYP
:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 02:29 PM 04-27-2018
Elway consistently sends the message to his own lockerroom that everyone is a used car to him.

He rarely re-signs his own draft picks and even when he does, he expects them to take a low ball offer as if they are a 2004 Corolla.

The Chubb pick is just the newest version where he is basically saying he isn’t going to re-sign Shaq or Ray.
I won’t be surprised if one of them goes right to KC if we’re interested and don’t fill the spot in this draft.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:30 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Why? I can see maybe Barkley, but certainly not the others. But why take a RB THAT high compared to a pass rusher???
Where is your boy Allen in that mix? I noticed when the talk stopped about Denver possibly being interested in him - you dumped him too. :-)
There was no talk about who Denver liked until the night of the draft. I had no idea.

From 3/24:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
These are the players, in order, that I would take at 5: Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Barkley, Chubb, trade down, Allen, Nelson.

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 02:42 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
There was no talk about who Denver liked until the night of the draft. I had no idea.

From 3/24:
Elway wrote a list (looked ok to him but he was wasted so it was actually a bunch of gibberish) and was going to send it to Peter King but he barfed in his own mouth and used the piece of paper as a vomit rag instead.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:49 PM 04-27-2018
I'm glad they drafted Chubb. I'm not saying he isn't good. He looks pretty good, and I'm sure he will be in the future. But, that wasn't a position of need. They already had a pretty good pass rusher in Barrett.I prefer this pick much more than Ward or Rosen. If they had drafted Ward their secondary would be better than '15. Their overall defense would have probably been just as good as '15.

Rosen obviously would give them an answer at quarterback for the future. He could turn out to be damn good.

After the first round they slightly upgraded their pass rush which wasn't a position of need with the 5th overall pick.

Not the 25th overall pick or the 55th overall pick, but the 5th pick.

Now the team I'm worried about is the Raiders.
[Reply]
manchambo 02:51 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Elway consistently sends the message to his own lockerroom that everyone is a used car to him.

He rarely re-signs his own draft picks and even when he does, he expects them to take a low ball offer as if they are a 2004 Corolla.

The Chubb pick is just the newest version where he is basically saying he isn’t going to re-sign Shaq or Ray.
I won’t be surprised if one of them goes right to KC if we’re interested and don’t fill the spot in this draft.
His players seem really upset.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...-bradley-chubb
[Reply]
manchambo 02:53 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'm glad they drafted Chubb. I'm not saying he isn't good. He looks pretty good, and I'm sure he will be in the future. But, that wasn't a position of need. They already had a pretty good pass rusher in Barrett.I prefer this pick much more than Ward or Rosen. If they had drafted Ward their secondary would be better than '15. Their overall defense would have probably been just as good as '15.

Rosen obviously would give them an answer at quarterback for the future. He could turn out to be damn good.

After the first round they slightly upgraded their pass rush which wasn't a position of need with the 5th overall pick.

Not the 25th overall pick or the 55th overall pick, but the 5th pick.

Now the team I'm worried about is the Raiders.
If you watch the team closely, you know that the biggest reason the defense went from scary good to pretty good was Ware retiring. With Ware out there, you couldn't double all the people you needed to double. That is exactly what this move seeks to recreate.

Barrett and Ray are nice players--but they aren't transcendent players.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:56 PM 04-27-2018
I really hope that Rosen and/ or Allen end up being good. Let the Donks feel what it's like to have the draft position to draft a star quarterback only to have your team choose someone else and wish every year that he was on your team. We did it with Marino and Rodgers. Time for the entitled Donk fans to experience that.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:56 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by manchambo:
If you watch the team closely, you know that the biggest reason the defense went from scary good to pretty good was Ware retiring. With Ware out there, you couldn't double all the people you needed to double. That is exactly what this move seeks to recreate.

Barrett and Ray are nice players--but they aren't transcendent players.
You guys don't have a scary d anymore.

Your best corner in Talib is gone and your linebackers/safeties continuously get abused by Kelce.

They also suck.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:56 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Elway wrote a list (looked ok to him but he was wasted so it was actually a bunch of gibberish) and was going to send it to Peter King but he barfed in his own mouth and used the piece of paper as a vomit rag instead.
:-) Nice.
[Reply]
manchambo 03:01 PM 04-27-2018
You guys don't have a scary d anymore.

Your best corner in Talib is gone and your linebackers/safeties continuously get abused by Kelce.

They also suck.
I said the defense isn't scary anymore. It isn't scary because Ware isn't there to prevent Miller getting doubled every play. That's what this addresses.

Just watch how much better the pass coverage looks with the pass rush back.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:01 PM 04-27-2018
I said the defense isn't scary anymore. It isn't scary because Ware isn't there to prevent Miller getting doubled every play. That's what this addresses.

Just watch how much better the pass coverage looks with the pass rush back.
And I'm saying your defense isn't scary NOW.
[Reply]
manchambo 03:04 PM 04-27-2018
And I'm saying your defense isn't scary NOW.
That's a little hard to judge--all we know about Chubb is that he is the undisputed best pass rushing prospect in the draft. But he will have to show it.

And Denver didn't win the 2015 Superbowl due to good linebacker play. They won because of an astounding pass rush.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:05 PM 04-27-2018
That's a little hard to judge--all we know about Chubb is that he is the undisputed best pass rushing prospect in the draft. But he will have to show it.

And Denver didn't win the 2015 Superbowl due to good linebacker play. They won because of an astounding pass rush.
Losing your number 1 corner didn't help. You guys could get abused in the slot by guys like Kelce and Hill.

You guys probably will have a good pass rush. But so what. We have quick hitting offense and this guy:

[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:07 PM 04-27-2018

Wrong. They won it because it was fixed.
[Reply]
Page 1714 of 4909
« First < 714121416141664170417101711171217131714 171517161717171817241764181422142714 > Last »
Up