ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 270
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 11:43 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
We have awesome depth at corner so we should be fine. Oh wait...

[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
We have awesome depth at corner so we should be fine. Oh wait...
Post # 1,333,456 related to the Chiefs need at corner by OKchiefs

Is anybody still not aware that OKchiefs isn’t happy with our corner situation?

No? Ok you can stop posting about it buddy! We all got it!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:03 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pete Sweeney thinks Hardman could win the 3rd receiver job for week one. He has been that good.

Robinson has good chemistry with Pat and knows the system better, but he doesn’t have the gifts Hardman does. He isn’t a deep threat like him.
Big picture, I think we are much better equipped to handle a potential Watkins injury this year. Hopefully we don’t have to find out, but that’s how I see it.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:16 PM 08-06-2019
I would be absolutely stunned if Andy Reid trusted a rookie WR to see the 3rd WR snaps by himself in week 1, I think Hardman sees significant playing time in packages they trust him in but Robinson is also going to play a lot.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:20 PM 08-06-2019
I'm not so sure. The buzz is getting to the level that I wonder. Robinson was great as the 4th receiver last season, maybe that's his role. If Hardman starts going yard every time he touches the ball and he's smart enough to have the playbook down I see no reason he can't play immediately.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:21 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I've seen many people who think Xavier Williams is not making the team but I really think he will be part of the 53.

Not only is he a solid player on the last year of his deal but after Nnadi, there is just not much in terms of run stuffing DT on this team. Saunders is just a rookie.

You want to keep Williams for those goal line situations and as a backup to Nnadi.

That Patriots are going to run the ball a lot this year. I wouldn't let a run stuffing DT like Williams leave at all. You'll need that meat.
Williams is TERRIBLE against the run. And he's expensive.

If you're looking for a 'run-stuffing DT' then your answer is keeping Justin Hamilton and you still cut Williams.

Everything you've said in this post applies better to Hamilton than it does Williams. Williams fails in his run responsibility routinely, he isn't as stout at the point of contact and he's not inexpensive compared to Hamilton to boot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:26 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Obviously a 53 is a guess but if I were to guess at it....I'd make a few changes to his roster.

I don't think we carry 7 WRs I think Cody Thompson and Custis are prime PS candidates, also think Dieter will stick around as the team mascot but on IR. I think they go 5 WR's and use that 6th spot to keep Tremon Smith around.

Defensively...I think Lucas and Fenton are toast as they go with 9 DB's to carry an extra DL and an extra LB. Your roster has them with 3 DT's, I think Williams or Hamilton gets a spot.

I also think Attouchu is making the roster because he has experience as a SLB and has played some rush end, Spags is a big fan of SLB's that have DE rush skills.
Who isn't?

That's why I was such a fan of D'andre Walker in this draft. I was shocked to see him fall to 168 and, as you can imagine, all the more irritated about the trade up for Hardman that cost us pick 167.

I agree that having a SLB that can get after the passer would be a hell of an asset for situational deployment but I don't know that Attouchu can stay healthy enough to be counted on.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:27 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

If you're looking for a 'run-stuffing DT' then your answer is keeping Justin Hamilton and you still cut Williams.

Everything you've said in this post applies better to Hamilton than it does Williams. Williams fails in his run responsibility routinely, he isn't as stout at the point of contact and he's not inexpensive compared to Hamilton to boot.
They may also feel paying a 4th DT Williams money is ridiculous.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:30 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They may also feel paying a 4th DT Williams money is ridiculous.
It is.

If they're looking at using K-Pass or Speaks inside as part of a 'Nascar' package on pass-rush downs, then Williams is strictly a backup. He doesn't even have rotational value at that point because Williams is better Nnadi support and Saunders could spell Jones (but Jones is pretty much an animal so he won't take many plays off).

Keeping Williams would be a risk averse, short-sighted decision - IMO. He just doesn't bring a lot to the table. It's disappointing because I loved the signing and thought the local kid would be a nice addition. He just doesn't play very smart at all; constantly lunging, constantly out of position. He needs more coaching than a player with his salary should. Meanwhile Hamilton was as steady as the sunrise.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:31 PM 08-06-2019
I think Smith makes the roster because he can play corner in a pinch. Dieter’s days may be numbered.
[Reply]
O.city 12:32 PM 08-06-2019
Plus, if you're looking for a backup run stuffer inside, well, that can't be that hard (or expensive) to find on the scrap heap
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:33 PM 08-06-2019

Any chance of a trade for Williams?
[Reply]
O.city 12:35 PM 08-06-2019
It is.

If they're looking at using K-Pass or Speaks inside as part of a 'Nascar' package on pass-rush downs, then Williams is strictly a backup. He doesn't even have rotational value at that point because Williams is better Nnadi support and Saunders could spell Jones (but Jones is pretty much an animal so he won't take many plays off).

Keeping Williams would be a risk averse, short-sighted decision - IMO. He just doesn't bring a lot to the table. It's disappointing because I loved the signing and thought the local kid would be a nice addition. He just doesn't play very smart at all; constantly lunging, constantly out of position. He needs more coaching than a player with his salary should. Meanwhile Hamilton was as steady as the sunrise.
I actually think a 5th rounder last year for Snacks may have won the Chiefs a SB. His salary is a lot, but just having him on that team last year may have been enough to slow down the run.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:36 PM 08-06-2019
I think Dieter is gone. He is no longer Pats best friend. He doesn’t have immunity
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:37 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Thanks!

I’m thinking Smith gets traded. With this much offensive talent, I can’t see us keeping someone as a returner.

I think Hardman returns punts. I could see someone like Thompson returning kicks eventually.
I’m not convinced that Andy will want to give another team that speed.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 270
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221 > Last »
Up