Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:39 PM 08-01-2018
“For the most part we are still committed to trying to win”.

/Mo
Today in STL Today article
[Reply]
jd1020 06:16 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
“For the most part we are still committed to trying to win”.

/Mo
Today in STL Today article
Better hope a Mike Trout drops to you in the draft.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:26 PM 08-01-2018
Fire him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:02 PM 08-01-2018
Fowler is the next to last worst hitter in MLB. .178. Only Chris Davis is worse. Since Matheny was fired, he has started every game. He’s hitting .200. There has been no turnaround nor improvement.

The Cardinals say there is a logjam of players in the outfield. You don’t think Bader and or O’neill improve your defense over Fowler? They Can’t hit >.200?
Your not playing to win. Don’t piss on our boots and tell us it’s raining.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:20 PM 08-01-2018
Fowler is the next to last worst hitter in MLB. .178. Only Chris Davis is worse. Since Matheny was fired, he has started every game. He’s hitting .200. There has been no turnaround nor improvement.

The Cardinals say there is a logjam of players in the outfield. You don’t think Bader and or O’neill improve your defense over Fowler? They Can’t hit >.200?
I would think Bader wouldn't have anything to do with Fowler. He should be in CF.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:22 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I would think Bader wouldn't have anything to do with Fowler. He should be in CF.
Bader and O’neill are both CF. Both good defensively and fast.

As if on que, Bader doubles. O’neill Singles him home for the lead. O’neil Steals 2B.
[Reply]
Miles 10:03 PM 08-01-2018

$50+ million is a lot of shit to eat but at this point we’re are getting pretty deep into the season with no signs of life. Just looked and Chris Davis is still owed 92M after this year. Ouch.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:10 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
$50+ million is a lot of shit to eat but at this point we’re are getting pretty deep into the season with no signs of life. Just looked and Chris Davis is still owed 92M after this year. Ouch.
That's what separates teams like Boston and the Dodgers. They are willing to eat shit on a bad contract, like Carl Crawford, whereas the Cardinals won't.

They could still bring up O'Neill and give Bader run with Pham here if they were willing to eat Fowler's deal, but just like Holland, they embody the Sunk Cost Fallacy.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:11 PM 08-01-2018
Bader and O’neill are both CF. Both good defensively and fast.

As if on que, Bader doubles. O’neill Singles him home for the lead. O’neil Steals 2B.
O'Neill really isn't a CF, but Fowler has to play by edict, so they make two defensive positions worse at once.
[Reply]
Miles 10:16 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's what separates teams like Boston and the Dodgers. They are willing to eat shit on a bad contract, like Carl Crawford, whereas the Cardinals won't.

They could still bring up O'Neill and give Bader run with Pham here if they were willing to eat Fowler's deal, but just like Holland, they embody the Sunk Cost Fallacy.
Sandoval is another good example where Boston just cut a guy who clearly didn’t have it anymore and still had a ton left on his deal. Granted those two teams have much larger payrolls but the idea is still the same. Just because a guy is getting paid a lot isn’t a reason to let them continue to eat up space and playing time with a negative WAR.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:31 PM 08-01-2018
Sandoval is another good example where Boston just cut a guy who clearly didn’t have it anymore and still had a ton left on his deal. Granted those two teams have much larger payrolls but the idea is still the same. Just because a guy is getting paid a lot isn’t a reason to let them continue to eat up space and playing time with a negative WAR.
Yup. Bad contracts happen, but holding on to them is what really hurt this team.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 AM 08-02-2018
The Cardinals and every other team received this year a one time payout of $50 million from the sale of MLB.TV software that they get to use for free in perpetuity.

Thats free found money. Use it to make one of your problems go away. Get some #20 prospect and trade him. Give the team the $50 million. Issue resolved. Addition by subtraction.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:32 AM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I'm not mad about the Pham trade. Or J. Martinez still being a Cardinal.

I am mad about Norris being a Cardinal after today with no other moves done to improve the 25 man roster today. There's no justification as to why he's still here. His contract is up after the season. The FO had an opportunity to sell and didn't.
Yeah I liked Pham but someone had to go. He's just been too inconsistent. At 30 years old, he is what he is.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm more irritated about his justification.

Moe says we're too close to contention and wants to know who would close if Norris were traded...

He still doesnt have the balls or self-awareness for this gig. I mean he was actually unnerved by the loss of Bud. Fucking. Norris.

Guys just a delusional chickenshit.
In what reality is he in? Hicks is your 9th inning guy. We just lost a prospect for 6 weeks of Norris. Really!@#??

Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I saw that comment and it pissed me off as well.

If they thought they had a chance at contending, then make moves to support that notion. If you don't believe that you have a shot at contending, then cut dead weight.

This team would be better off going into 2019 with having the entire Memphis rotation handle bullpen duty with Hicks sprinkled in there than with Norris closing.

Oh, and to answer Mo's question, Leone when he comes back.
Yep, I posted my pitchers in 2019. You can never have enough pitching but we have enough to compete. As is obvious to everyone, an inconsistent offense is the issue along with a shitty defense,

Originally Posted by BDj23:
The 2nd wildcard was a mistake. Keep conceding to the Cubs and chase that last spot Mo, ya dipshit.
:-) You play to win the game Mo!
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:24 PM 08-02-2018
Cards walk off win in the 9th after going into the inning down 2-1.

Yup they will stay just mediocre enough to miss the playoffs by 1 or 2 games.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:33 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Cards walk off win in the 9th after going into the inning down 2-1.

Yup they will stay just mediocre enough to miss the playoffs by 1 or 2 games.
The good news is Matheny is already fired, if they miss out narrowly this year I don’t really care.

The better news is the team was fun to watch today. A couple of great plays by O’Neill, only 7 strikeouts instead of the 15 we were seeing earlier in the year, and Bader’s speed winning the game is a welcome change.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 301
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Up