ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 332
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:47 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
There's a reason both of them have consistently good matches with everybody they work with, and it's not because anybody is carrying them.
I have no idea where the hell you get that idea.

Cena just botched multiple spots and Roman is carried a lot. Cena has been a lot better on the mic with hollywood acting, but at best he's not a hindrance.

Cena's value is promoting the brand, selling merch and fulfilling requests for ill people.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:30 AM 04-09-2018
i was relying on wiz.net's stream of a replay. i missed a 'shit ton' of matches (all but the last two of five :-) ). but that reigns lezner match was pathetic. and to end the night none the less. i watch the wwe once every six months maybe, and this product is terrible.

but i keep watching, hoping it will get better. like the royals and chiefs :-)
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 04:31 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I have no idea where the hell you get that idea.

Cena just botched multiple spots and Roman is carried a lot. Cena has been a lot better on the mic with hollywood acting, but at best he's not a hindrance.

Cena's value is promoting the brand, selling merch and fulfilling requests for ill people.
Keg is right. Both those guys are tremendous assets in the ring and produce quality matches time and time again. I don't know what you've watched.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:31 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Just recently got through the whole show. Rousey impressed me. Surprised about Lesnar going over.
isn't he rumored to go back to ufc?

it would make sense building his brand before he leaves, again :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 04:35 AM 04-09-2018
Reigns getting booed and suck has nothing to do with his ring work. For a larger dude he's pretty good. Reigns is getting booed because people don't like to have the company man shoved down their throats.

I don't even think he's beyond repair as being the top face I do however think this refusal to turn him heel and just shove him down everyone's throat is a horrible approach to getting him over. The Rocks heel turn basically saved his career, it's sad they can't look at their own history.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:37 AM 04-09-2018
https://www.kayfabenews.com/nicholas...able-vitamins/

Nicholas suspended after testing positive for Flintsones Chewable Vitamins

Barely an hour after winning the Raw Tag Team Championships with Braun Strowman, professional wrestler Nicholas has been slapped with a 30-day suspension after a routine urine test revealed traces of performance-enhancing chewable vitamins.

In accordance with WWE’s Wellness Policy (and lesser-known Oldness Policy), Nicholas will be stripped of the title, leaving Strowman as the sole defender of the championships, unless he can find another random child in an audience to fill Nicholas’ tiny shoes.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:46 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Reigns getting booed and suck has nothing to do with his ring work. For a larger dude he's pretty good. Reigns is getting booed because people don't like to have the company man shoved down their throats.

I don't even think he's beyond repair as being the top face I do however think this refusal to turn him heel and just shove him down everyone's throat is a horrible approach to getting him over. The Rocks heel turn basically saved his career, it's sad they can't look at their own history.
Rousey sure looked bad last night, eh?
[Reply]
mcaj22 06:01 AM 04-09-2018
Reigns would connect with the fans if they let him be more like Reigns outside the ring. If he didnt follow a script so close he would be good. He needs to deviate from a script sometimes like Bryan and Heyman do
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:48 AM 04-09-2018
Both Cena and Reigns CAN put on great matches, but for me its more their limited movesets and the fact that none of them look particularly painful. When your finisher is a tackle or a glorified firemans carry, its hard to be super believable and engrossing.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:52 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Keg is right. Both those guys are tremendous assets in the ring and produce quality matches time and time again. I don't know what you've watched.
If you say so :-)

I'll keep that in mind when Cena loudly calls his spots or Roman lays down for his next half hour long nap.

I get the appeal with Cena because he has talent with the mic and can be entertaining and sometimes can have a good match if he's paired with the right person. I wouldn't call that "consistently"

He's had a lot of mediocre to dog shit matches.

Roman Reigns I just don't get. His in ring work sucks, his character sucks, his conditioning sucks and he sucks on a mic.

It's not about just not liking them. I don't like Dean Ambrose either, but he's actually a hell of a worker.

Roman is bad enough that they just 86'd an entire year long coronation because he has X-Pac heat and I think at a certain point, you have to look at circumstances beyond just booking.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:26 AM 04-09-2018
That was like they dropped acid before deciding how to book that entire show....

Taker squashing Cena was like WTF...ending Asuka's streak was the wrong move...and Lesnar going over was really surprising.

So stupid to have Reigns get color with those stupid hard way elbows as well...why the hell they decided to use blood in that match is beyond me.

You know what match that would've been better served in...? Gargano/Ciampa...a literal blood feud lol...

Once again NXT was the real MVP...
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:35 AM 04-09-2018
I thought it was a pretty decent WM for what they were given to work with.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:37 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
Both Cena and Reigns CAN put on great matches, but for me its more their limited movesets and the fact that none of them look particularly painful. When your finisher is a tackle or a glorified firemans carry, its hard to be super believable and engrossing.
The FU was a big deal at one time. But the moves leading up to the FU became so played out and predictable that people started to hate it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:47 AM 04-09-2018
I think it's more by their own design that Cena and Reigns have such limited movesets. Hogan, Rock, and Austin were pretty predictable and had some contrived moves as well.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:05 AM 04-09-2018
At least with Austin and Rock (or at least Austin), they were capable of pulling out a bigger moveset if they needed to but stuck with the pattern because it worked. Cena is debatable, but it's certainly not working for Roman.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 332
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Up