ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1700 of 3903
« First < 700120016001650169016961697169816991700 170117021703170417101750180022002700 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Kidd Lex 09:33 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
There are a lot of wacky lab values related to COVID.

A lot of patients present with elevated d-dimer and fibrinogen levels in the blood and the more serious cases will also have lymphopenia and leukopenia.

Elevated d-dimer and fibrinogen levels point to coagulopathies (they are byproducts of broken up blood clots), whereas the latter two point to a depleted immune system.

Increased levels of NT-proBNP and BNP are indicative of heart failure and troponin levels indicate recent cardiac damage.
Possibly due to US medical privacy laws I’m surprised that there hasn’t been follow up studies on how different blood types react to the virus. I know blood types like O positive have worse outcomes in accidents due to the blood clotting mechanism not being as robust as the others, but that may be a reason for better outcomes with Covid due to reduced clotting. Surprised we haven’t seen anything on this topic since the China study.
[Reply]
kgrund 09:35 PM 04-28-2020

A lot of patients present with elevated d-dimer and fibrinogen levels in the blood and the more serious cases will also have lymphopenia and leukopenia.

Elevated d-dimer and fibrinogen levels point to coagulopathies (they are byproducts of broken up blood clots), whereas the latter two point to a depleted immune system.

Increased levels of NT-proBNP and BNP are indicative of heart failure and troponin levels indicate recent cardiac damage.
Could you clean up what you said for the people out there who call aspirin aspirin?😁
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 09:37 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....24.20075838v1
That’s fascinating, as Vit D has always been linked to the immune response to respiratory ailments one or another. The best antidote for Vit D deficiency is the good old sun in the sky. Hard to get that locked up in your house or meat packing plant. 😬
[Reply]
lewdog 09:42 PM 04-28-2020
I have been coming home from work and undressing in the garage so I don't bring into the house what's on my clothes.

Now I will be doing the same but heading straight for the pool for 10 minutes after work. Heat, sun and chlorine should do the trick!
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:45 PM 04-28-2020

Yeah it is crazy. I was reading the other day the autopsy report from Santa Clara of their newly discovered early February case and they said her heart exploded.

One of my daughters first covid case in ICU she said the person had super thick blood and she was like wtf.
[Reply]
limested 09:46 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
To all the gym goers how long are you going to wait before returning to the gym?
I will be there the minute they open .
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:47 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Could you clean up what you said for the people out there who call aspirin aspirin?��
The jargon is not super important. Basically it's a more than a respiratory virus.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:50 PM 04-28-2020
First person i know has gotten the corona in Los Angeles my little cousin, she's 21. I dont know how bad she is, ill see if i can find out.
[Reply]
O.city 09:54 PM 04-28-2020
So we shouldn't let anyone go outside ......wait
[Reply]
DaFace 09:58 PM 04-28-2020

I read an article the other day just talking about the crazy variety of ailments that are being caused by (or at least linked with) COVID-19. It's baffling how it's able to cause such a wide variety of problems and at dramatically varying levels of severity.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:58 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So we shouldn't let anyone go outside ......wait
who isnt allowed to go outside? i dont really go anywhere, but im outside doing yard work in the am til it gets too hot, because we are already in the 90's here. lol My brown ass is turning even browner.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I read an article the other day just talking about the crazy variety of ailments that are being caused by (or at least linked with) COVID-19. It's baffling how it's able to cause such a wide variety of problems and at dramatically varying levels of severity.
It's really not that crazy for a virus. It's just not as out front as this one is.
[Reply]
kcxiv 10:16 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's really not that crazy for a virus. It's just not as out front as this one is.
not that crazy? that dude form the Rams was it or saints i dont know, but the doctors told him he would have no taste for 8 months. thats wierd as fuck.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:23 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
First person i know has gotten the corona in Los Angeles my little cousin, she's 21. I dont know how bad she is, ill see if i can find out.
My friend is 25 and he got it... He got really sick for like a week but then was fine.
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
not that crazy? that dude form the Rams was it or saints i dont know, but the doctors told him he would have no taste for 8 months. thats wierd as ****.
This virus has been around for 2/3 months. How do the doctors know what lies 8 months out?
[Reply]
Page 1700 of 3903
« First < 700120016001650169016961697169816991700 170117021703170417101750180022002700 > Last »
Up