ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 74
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
What makes you think we will ever have an effective vaccine?
Because in his scenario everything works out perfect and in ours everybody dies.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:59 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That was made the case when they did all the stimulus stuff. Unless they're planning to do it again or do more, i'm not sure what the options are.
If this continues for a long period we'll get into UBI discussion.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:59 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because in his scenario everything works out perfect and in ours everybody dies.
*more people
[Reply]
DaFace 03:00 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If this continues for a long period we'll get into UBI discussion.
It's already happening in Europe.
[Reply]
notorious 03:00 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's a lot of evidence that the virus is "susceptible" to a vaccine given its "spike protein" and that it isn't mutating very quickly. Combine that with an unprecedented level of worldwide research being aimed at it, and it's a good recipe for success, albeit without guarantees.
Fingers crossed.

It's the only way out of this in which both "sides" will mostly be satisfied.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:00 PM 05-11-2020
lmao Let me guess DeFace and Mecca still have income coming in. Why would they have a problem with it?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:00 PM 05-11-2020
It's something I know people think will eventually happen anyway this may just get us there faster.
[Reply]
Donger 03:00 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Yep, waiting for a vaccine that in all likelihood is never coming is foolish.
I'm optimistic that it will. But I'm not arguing that.

Do you think it makes more sense to open up when new cases are increasing, or declining?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:01 PM 05-11-2020
*more people
Not a fact. And let’s continue to ignore how many more people would suffer in other ways in your scenario.

But fuck them, right? At least I’m willing to acknowledge that there’s no perfect answer.
[Reply]
O.city 03:01 PM 05-11-2020
Aren't the European countries already talking about opening back up because of financial issues?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:02 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm optimistic that it will. But I'm not arguing that.

Do you think it makes more sense to open up when new cases are increasing, or declining?
Either or honestly......

How's Sweden doing?

Worse than Germany better than the UK?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:02 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not a fact. And let’s continue to ignore how many more people would suffer in other ways in your scenario.

But fuck them, right? At least I’m willing to acknowledge that there’s no perfect answer.
For a guy who rants about how much I read into his posts, you have a real habit of doing the same with mine.
[Reply]
tk13 03:04 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That was made the case when they did all the stimulus stuff. Unless they're planning to do it again or do more, i'm not sure what the options are.
No that's true. If there are no more stimulus plans there's going to be a lot of people hurting.

It's just the reality of the situation. Because there's no doubt opening things up will help some people, but there are a lot of people who will still be left out to dry. Businesses are going to have restrictions on people in stores or restaurants, combined with the fact that a lot of people will just want to order everything from home and not risk it... I just find it extremely hard to believe that all businesses will be doing the same amount of business that sustained them before. Everyone will have to go work for the toilet paper factory.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:04 PM 05-11-2020
For a guy who rants about how much I read into his posts, you have a real habit of doing the same with mine.
What am I reading into?

You’ve made it VERY clear that you think it’s as simple as us being more willing to see people die.

I don’t necessarily need to “read into” anything to come to the conclusion that you think this is black and white when it’s not.

And “ranting” is a reach. I just called you out on your bs and I was 100% right.
[Reply]
Donger 03:05 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Either or honestly......

How's Sweden doing?

Worse than Germany better than the UK?
Last I saw, their death rate was pretty terrible.

The UK didn't really take it seriously, from what I've read, so I fail to see the comparison.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 74
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up