ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos have no QB vs Saints
DeepPurple 08:49 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Worse than Palko?
Did you know Tyler Palko starting QB at Pitt 2004 to 2006 beat out Joe Flacco as starter in 2005 and that's why Joe ended up going to Delaware. Flacco was drafted in the first round and Palko wasn't drafted....and yes, this guy playing for the Broncos was worse than Palko. That's a rare photo of Flacco in a Pitt uni.

[Reply]
htismaqe 06:47 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Fangio also chewed out the QB group for violating COVID protocols. I’m pissed the NFL scheduled us opposite of this game so I couldn’t watch.
“I’m fully prepared to react and improvise no matter what happens. And in a weird way, I’m kind of happy to see some of this stuff happen because you get to see who the whiners are, who the bitchers are, and who can’t handle adversity. And I’m going to try hard that the Denver Broncos don’t fall into any of those categories.”

- Vic Fangio

October 12th, 2020
[Reply]
wazu 12:45 AM 11-30-2020
Saw on Twitter some people giving Hinton some love. I mean, looking at the stats, I think it would be hard to be worse. He completed one pass all day. And ran for almost nothing. I don't blame him at all, but not seeing how it was some heroic effort. I think I could probably call up a few of my buddies who could do better. Good to see that he was at least on the same level as Elway, though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:43 AM 11-30-2020
It's funny to look at those stats, especially since it happened to DEN.

But I feel for Hinton. That's just about the worst spot the guy could be put in. He wasn't even with the team a month ago or whatever. He wasn't even playing football. And hadn't taken a snap at QB in years. Then Fangio brings him in and tells him hours before the game that he's going to be the QB in a game against the Saints? One of the best pass-rushing teams in the league?

Originally Posted by :
"Hey kid, try to learn a dozen or two plays before tomorrow, okay? Oh, and try not to get killed by Cameron Jordan (10-year pro, selected to NFL's HOF All-2010s Team, 92 sacks, 5-time Pro-Bowler, etc., ad nauseum), D. Onyemata, Malcolm Brown, Trey Hendrickson, D. Davis, etc. You say you're a WR? haven't played QB in years? No worries. Just don't throw the ball to the guys in the black unis, okay? And try to remember what all the plays are called, how the OL needs to adjust for the rush, where all your receivers are supposed to be, Who your hot routes are, which side you're supposed to hand-off on for each running play . . . you know, the basics. Shouldn't take you more than, say 3 years? But we need you to get all of that down in about 8 hours. And don't worry about embarrassing yourself and your family on TV, or maybe getting seriously injured doing shit you haven't done in ages. Good luck with that."
Doubt there's 10 WRs in the league that would be game for that nonsense. And this kid was selling insurance or whatever a few weeks ago?

Guessing close to 100% of PS WRs would tell Vickie to go eff himself. But Hinton must have a big set of balls on him.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:09 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's funny to look at those stats, especially since it happened to DEN.

But I feel for Hinton. That's just about the worst spot the guy could be put in. He wasn't even with the team a month ago or whatever. He wasn't even playing football. And hadn't taken a snap at QB in years. Then Fangio brings him in and tells him hours before the game that he's going to be the QB in a game against the Saints? One of the best pass-rushing teams in the league?

Doubt there's 10 WRs in the league that would be game for that nonsense. And this kid was selling insurance or whatever a few weeks ago?

Guessing close to 100% of PS WRs would tell Vickie to go eff himself. But Hinton must have a big set of balls on him.
Oh cmon. He did absolutely NOTHING :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:11 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Oh cmon. He did absolutely NOTHING :-)
He didn't get killed. And he didn't quit.

I just watched a clip of his throws on YT. yeah, it wasn't pretty, but it wasn't as bad as it would've been if you'd played for example. Or me for that matter. He could've thrown 8 pick-6s, or gotten sacked 20 times and fumbled the ball for a half dozen scoop-and-scores. Or thrown 9 'intentional grounding' plays.

It could've been horrific for him. But he didn't completely embarrass himself. He doesn't have anything like an NFL arm, but he took the snaps and when asked to pass, he actually tried to put balls on receivers. he missed a lot, but good Christ, who wouldn't given the situation.

And he didn't have to do it. He could've told Vickie to screw himself, rather than risk complete public/national embarrassment on TV, in front of friends, family, and other football teams. Remember, that debacle is on his permanent resume now.

He showed a tubful of guts accepting, hell, volunteering, to take one for the team and going out there.

I probably wouldn't have done it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:16 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He didn't get killed. And he didn't quit.

I just watched a clip of his throws on YT. yeah, it wasn't pretty, but it wasn't as bad as it would've been if you'd played for example. Or me for that matter. He could've thrown 8 pick-6s, or gotten sacked 20 times and fumbled the ball for a half dozen scoop-and-scores. Or thrown 9 'intentional grounding' plays.

It could've been horrific for him. But he didn't completely embarrass himself. He doesn't have anything like an NFL arm, but he took the snaps and when asked to pass, he actually tried to put balls on receivers. he missed a lot, but good Christ, who wouldn't given the situation.

And he didn't have to do it. He could've told Vickie to screw himself, rather than risk complete public/national embarrassment on TV, in front of friends, family, and other football teams. Remember, that debacle is on his permanent resume now.

He showed a tubful of guts accepting, hell, volunteering, to take one for the team and going out there.

I probably wouldn't have done it.
He's a pro athlete for fucks sake.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:19 PM 11-30-2020
His stat line is better than Kelce's.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:21 PM 11-30-2020
And?
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:08 AM 11-30-2020
I still can't figure out why they picked that guy. I'd be surprised if no one on their active roster can throw a football, and those guys would at least know the plays. In the past when teams could only have two active quarterbacks (and maybe that's also the present), teams always had an emergency guy like their punter who could fill in if there were two injuries. The broncos didn't have that?

I look at our roster, and I could see the Chiefs lining up Kelce or Townsend or even Tyreek Hill. All of those guys can throw, and they know the plays.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:43 AM 11-30-2020
https://www.bleachernation.com/bears...t-quarterback/

Rob Calabrese hasn't played competitive football since his final season with the Central Florida Knights in 2012.

The Denver Broncos still hoped he could fill their void at quarterback on Sunday.

According to ESPN, Denver requested that Calabrese — in his second season as an offensive quality control coach on Vic Fangio's staff — be eligible to start behind center against the New Orleans Saints after every other quarterback on the roster was ruled out due to COVID-19 protocols.

The team felt Calabrese could command the offense better than any other player, but the league and commissioner denied the team's petition, per ESPN. Wide receiver Kendall Hinton, a former quarterback at Wake Forest, will give it his best shot instead.

The report said "the NFL doesn't want coaching staffs being storage areas for potential players" as the league navigates coronavirus infection surges across the league.

Broncos backup Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday. Starter Drew Lock, along with reserves Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles, were deemed high-risk contacts and thus ineligible for Sunday. The Broncos also requested that the game be pushed to Tuesday in an effort for one of the quarterbacks to be available.

Signing a free agent quarterback to play Sunday would not be an option, as any player who joins the team would not clear the league's COVID-19 testing protocols in time to participate in the game.

Calabrese arrived at UCF in 2008 and started as a true freshmen before assuming a backup role for the next two seasons. An injury cost him the 2011 campaign and he returned in 2012 as a hybrid quarterback-receiver.

He spent one season coaching high school before returning to the Knights as a graduate assistant in 2014. Wagner hired him as offensive coordinator before the 2017 season an,d he spent two years in that role before the Broncos hired him.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:25 PM 11-30-2020
Donks have another beating coming this weekend- it must seem like the longest season ever.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:17 PM 11-30-2020
Knowmo?
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:18 PM 11-30-2020
They were considering putting Garrett Bolles back there, but he didn't know the offense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:22 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They were considering putting Garrett Bolles back there, but he didn't know the offense.
:-)
Gat Dang, you're on a roll. Gfy.:-)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up