ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 95
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
Setsuna 11:36 AM 06-05-2020
I'm just here so I don't get fined.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:37 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think people are conflating "police budgets" with "access to military-style gear." I agree that simply budgets probably won't help much.
Yet this latest time was a knee. You cannot and are not going to take a gun, a tazer or any other weapon away from the police.
If they want to defend them then maybe they should not be allowed to call upon them if the need ever arises. :-)

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:41 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Nope it deals with political reform and elected officials when you delve into this

Find your sack and stop being a little snowflake bitch.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:43 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
TBD,

But I doubt it, and it a shame considering it is the NUMBER 1 issues that America should be confronting. I'm fine with lumping in Police brutality with a movement.

But I seriously doubt it because people explain it away with "well they are poor etc"

Again statistically, every other race does not kill themselves in a manor or magnitude than African Americans. And it's saddens me to give focus to a much SMALLER ISSUE (even if it is a issue) when we could really focus on the real problem IMO.
Oh please, I've read these posts and what you're doing is CLASSIC whataboutism. You don't care about Chicago. Its hilarious that that's always the go to point that I see online that people put out ever since Trump said it years ago. You're using it to distract from the issue that everyone WAS talking about till your nonsense. Once again you don't care about Chicago. Don't try and pretend that anything about blacks killing blacks makes you sad. You're trying to distract from the issue of this thread which was police violence and the players (including our MVP) and how they are trying to address that issue. I have an idea: if black on black violence concern you that much than head back to DC and create a thread for it....this is thread is about police violence and the players reaction to it.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:52 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
someone already said it. inequality. rich vs poor. we have f**king marionette strings on us and our oligarchs are pulling our strings.
I don't disagree with you at all but if you buy into stats there are a lot of them that will tell you poor black people commit a lot more violent crime than poor white people.

I also know you can cherry pick numbers and conflate anything to say pretty much anything you want if you try hard enough.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:53 AM 06-05-2020
I think people are just getting to the end of their rope on this stuff. They're told to peacefully protest. Kaepernick tries that, and he gets kicked out of the NFL for it. When people feel backed into a corner and helpless, they lash out.

Is it justified? Obviously not. But you can bet lawmakers are having a lot more conversations about how to improve policing right now than they would if everyone was just sitting around a campfire and singing kumbaya. In that sense, it's an effective way of sending a message when more peaceful approaches haven't worked.
When will you fucking people understand that those looting and rioting don’t give a fuck about Kaepernick or Floyd? They’re opportunists. Some of them have literally said it themselves.

People that care are good people. Good people don’t do those things.

Are you all really this naive?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:56 AM 06-05-2020
I think people are just getting to the end of their rope on this stuff. They're told to peacefully protest. Kaepernick tries that, and he gets kicked out of the NFL for it. When people feel backed into a corner and helpless, they lash out.

Is it justified? Obviously not. But you can bet lawmakers are having a lot more conversations about how to improve policing right now than they would if everyone was just sitting around a campfire and singing kumbaya. In that sense, it's an effective way of sending a message when more peaceful approaches haven't worked.

The looters don’t care about Floyd. And perhaps if these conversations occurred nationally when the person and Dallas video of him dying was released last year Floyd might still be alive today. And the Kap thing, get real. He had performance issues and ended up not wanting to do what it took to get back in the league when no one signed him. His private workout stunt proves he didn’t desire playing again.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:00 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
this is thread is about police violence and the players reaction to it.
Clearly not entirely correct.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:03 PM 06-05-2020
For you idiots that think looters/rioters care:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-protests/amp/

That’s just one. I’ve seen others.
[Reply]
SAGA45 12:03 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
His private workout stunt proves he didn’t desire playing again.
The "private workout stunt" was pulled by the NFL. Kaepernick and his legal team simply didn't fall for it. He's never lacked the desire to play again.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:06 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
For you idiots that think looters/rioters care:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-protests/amp/
There's a difference between "looting" and "rioting." We've had quite a bit of the latter here in Denver, and not much of the former. I don't see how people who are throwing rocks and breaking windows are profiting from the experience.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:08 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
When will you fucking people understand that those looting and rioting don’t give a fuck about Kaepernick or Floyd? They’re opportunists. Some of them have literally said it themselves.

People that care are good people. Good people don’t do those things.

Are you all really this naive?
There have been more than a million of people of all colors peacefully protesting across the country.

4,000 people have been arrested, which is .4% and not all of those arrested were looting, yet the looters grab all of the headlines.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:10 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Clearly not entirely correct.
....because buffoons like bleeding red have attempted to change the direction. Thread title has to do with police violence. This would be like going into our superbowl thread and talking about Mizzou baseball or something. It has nothing to do with what Pat and the rest of the players are talking about-which is their opinions on police violence. He's trying to distract and honestly not even doing at good job at it as its pretty transparent what he's doing as Carcosa pointed out to him earlier in the thread.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:15 PM 06-05-2020
....because buffoons like bleeding red have attempted to change the direction. Thread title has to do with police violence. This would be like going into our superbowl thread and talking about Mizzou baseball or something. It has nothing to do with what Pat and the rest of the players are talking about-which is their opinions on police violence. He's trying to distract and honestly not even doing at good job at it as its pretty transparent what he's doing as Carcosa pointed out to him earlier in the thread.
I mean I hear you, but it's not like off-topic posts are a rarity here...
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:17 PM 06-05-2020

You may have missed my point. They are only talking about brutality against black people, which is a racial differentiator, which opens the discussion up to other surrounding racial issues.

How awesome and truly uniting would it have been if they included truly equally concern for police brutality and listed names of white victims or other races of police brutality. Or heck even just police killed in the rioting. Perhaps you can argue that’s not their responsibility but it would be a huge united and also keep the conversation truly about policing issues. But they didn’t go that route so it leaves room for racial discussions.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 95
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up