ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:28 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Derrick Henry.

2020 UFA.
Or Jonathan Taylor in the draft
[Reply]
Mecca 07:29 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Travis Etienne.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:13 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Travis Etienne.

Either/Or, though Etienne has fumbling issues
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:40 PM 11-11-2019
Just play the kid dammit.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:44 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Would love this.

Cue all the “you can’t draft running backs that early” pundits....

Taylor would be dynamite.....
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:25 AM 12-26-2019
I just checked out Seth Keysor’s article about Damien’s game vs. Chicago on The Athletic. Damn, he had a really nice little outing. Was solid or better in every phase, and more than anything, he looked incredibly fresh.

It reminds me of last year. Fresh legged, gets to take over the primary role in December. Playing with a chip on his shoulder. I think he’s the dude moving forward.

I’d be cool with taking it easy on him vs. the Chargers Sunday. We may need him for a full month straight of major contribution in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:27 AM 12-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I just checked out Seth Keysor’s article about Damien’s game vs. Chicago on The Athletic. Damn, he had a really nice little outing. Was solid or better in every phase, and more than anything, he looked incredibly fresh.

It reminds me of last year. Fresh legged, gets to take over the primary role in December. Playing with a chip on his shoulder. I think he’s the dude moving forward.

I’d be cool with taking it easy on him vs. the Chargers Sunday. We may need him for a full month straight of major contribution in the playoffs.
He has been the biggest disappointment on this team, right behind Sammy. It would be nice if we get something out of these 2 in the playoffs.
[Reply]
penchief 10:57 AM 12-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I like the idea of a fast RB with fresh legs going into the post season. Resting Shady last week may pay off, as well. Give Thompson more work this week and get him ready, too.

Having three RBs hitting the ground ready to roll into the playoffs may yield a more productive running game than what most of us think. I'm hoping Andy has a few new plays for Thompson that he plans on unleashing during the post season.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:45 AM 12-26-2019
Do not want the chiefs spending more than a couple mill on a running back. There seems to be some good backs in the draft and they could capitalize in round 3-4 to get some good value.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:53 AM 12-26-2019
Win Super Bowl, pray Chuba Hubbard falls to us.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:17 PM 12-29-2019
Bump
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 02:19 PM 12-29-2019
Need more 84 yard runs!
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:09 PM 12-29-2019
He can't stay healthy.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:10 PM 12-29-2019
He’s a legit back. I’ve thought this since day one. The rest of our backs are JAGs.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:56 PM 12-29-2019
Draft a workhorse RB somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds this upcoming offseason
[Reply]
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up