ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 44
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>No Chris Jones at OTA's.
O.city 10:15 AM 05-21-2019

As expected, Chiefs DT Chris Jones has not reported for the start of OTAs this week, per a source.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 02:59 PM 06-12-2019
If they want Speaks and Tanoh to play more inside, well, maybe you could replace some of Jones production there with 2 cheap guys while adding an elite CB.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:12 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Many reports say he wants Donald money. No way in hell should we do that. No DL is worth that. Jones is all about the money so let him sit until he comes down to reality.
Is there any player you WOULD pay without talking from your asshole first?!?
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:22 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
No.

An elite, disruptive DT is much more valuable in today's NFL than an elite CB. Especially with all the bullshit rule changes.
Belichick would 100% disagree with you.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 03:23 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they want Speaks and Tanoh to play more inside, well, maybe you could replace some of Jones production there with 2 cheap guys while adding an elite CB.
Tanoh is not moving inside. Probably wont even make the roster.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:24 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Uh I've got some news for you, he's playing inside.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:25 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
He didn’t say moving inside.

Originally Posted by :
The pride of the AAF, CB Keith Reaser, had a strong breakup on a pass from Chad Henne. As Spagnuolo has noted with Breeland Speaks and Tanoh Kpassagnon, he's using them in a variety of ways, outside and in. Look to be carving out nice roles for themselves in 2019.

[Reply]
O.city 03:27 PM 06-12-2019
I'm not saying i'd make the move or anything, just throwing around some ideas.

You can't pay everyone obviously and it's just a chance to look around at different ways to max value etc.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:27 PM 06-12-2019
I don't care if he misses three days in shorts and tshirts. As long as he a) keeps his junk in his speedo and; 2) this gets resolved by training camp, it's not gonna be a big deal. The only thing that worries me is if he gets injured because he's been sitting out arguing over a contract. Lots of times holdouts come back, then get hurt because they're not in full football shape.
[Reply]
JimNasium 03:38 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So you want to trade off a guy with Reggie White type measurables? Genious [CPS]
[Reply]
O.city 03:40 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
So you want to trade off a guy with Reggie White type measurables? Genious [CPS]
If he's asking for more money than i'm willing to pay? Yeah.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:18 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Belichick would 100% disagree with you.
sorry, but I don’t think that’s correct.

BB has spent elite money on

Ty Law
Darrel Revis
Stephen Gilmore

Among others...

I’m not sure I can remember him ever giving a DL elite $$$. He either gets them for a bargain, or he lets them walk. Maybe Richard Seymour...but even Vince Wilfork took pennies.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:22 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
I haven’t wanted to make the comparisons because people like to downplay them, but I totally agree.

Chris Jones looks like a young Reggie White...or prime Michael Strahan.

Getting 15.5 sacks as an interior rusher was extremely rare. Especially for a guy built to play anywhere on the DL.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:26 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
sorry, but I don’t think that’s correct.

BB has spent elite money on

Ty Law
Darrel Revis
Stephen Gilmore

Among others...

I’m not sure I can remember him ever giving a DL elite $$$. He either gets them for a bargain, or he lets them walk. Maybe Richard Seymour...but even Vince Wilfork took pennies.

I hope you realize you're agreeing with me and not TomBarndtsTwin who thinks that defensive linemen are more important than defensive backs.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:17 PM 06-12-2019
With the recent rules changes, elite CB’s will become less valuable as time goes on. Their position is handicapped.

I don’t think it’s coincidence that the 3 best DT’s in the NFL started for last years Super Bowl champion, this years Super Bowl runner up and the other team that SHOULD have also been in the Super Bowl but wasn’t thanks to Dee Ford’s dumb****ery.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:27 PM 06-12-2019
I want Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill to return to the Chiefs at training camp on the same day....with Tyreek riding Chris like a Cheetah riding an Elephant.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

And if it doesn't I HAVE PHOTOSHOP SKILLS.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 44
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up