ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 29
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr could get $25 million annually
RunKC 06:05 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by :
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "it is very possible" Carr could be the first quarterback in the NFL to make $25 million annually.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...14801.amp.html

2018 is going to be crazy for the Raiders. Carr and Mack alone will make up close to $50 million.
Time to find out how good Reggie McKenzie really is.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:09 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
oh shut the **** up and stop acing like I want this to happen...

we cut our #1 WR and GM...

its not 'absurd' ...its what is statistically probable to happen....how the **** is it absurd when the raiders are twice as likely (odds wise) to win the afc championship game?

you can disagree..thats fine...but if you know more than the oddsmakers why are you not living in fiji sucking like 8 brown tittys and driving 2 ferraris
Bookmarking this to bump it when the Fade finish behind the Chiefs...... again.
[Reply]
threebag 11:27 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Maybe we will get lucky enough for it to escalate into another I am leaving forever thread.
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:00 AM 06-23-2017
Raiders are trash without carr. Besides carr they have a great oline, b grade wr's... inconsistent everything else.. he deserves a fat contract... highest one? Tbd
[Reply]
cmdrzman 01:28 AM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Teams that have signed QBs to record contracts haven't fared well. Colts vanished as did the Ravens.

It might be lost on Raider fans but the only reason Kelechi Osemele is on their team is because they couldn't afford him after paying Flacco.

Same thing is going to happen in Oakland.

Carr IS their team though..they are awful without him.

This is good news for the AFC West....Raiders just became weaker.
I think you fell off your highchair as an infant and banged your coconut-
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:44 AM 06-23-2017
That still wouldn't make what I said 'absurd'

Go back and read,you ****ing mouth breathing dipshit

How is it ABSURD to agree with/acknowledge the actual odds? Sure maybe they are wrong...maybe I am wrong to agree...but tell me why it's absurd to think the Raiders are favorite to win division...
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:52 AM 06-23-2017
I will be happy if you are right and the Chiefs sweep the fade ...and win the west...I don't think it's an 'absurd' possibility...it's just not the most probable outcome..

Feel free to tag / bump your prediction, big fucking deal...how many Homer's predict we will sweep the fade and win the division every season....woop de doodle
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:19 PM 06-23-2017
Raiders can bail on Carr after the 2nd year of this new contract. Only 7.5 million in dead money if they cut him in 2019. Not exactly showing full confidence in him...

I'm still under the belief that he is Romo 2.0...he's injury prone, overrated as he has benefitted heavily from great OL play and receivers. And in the end...won't have significant career wins in the post-season.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:22 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Raiders can bail on Carr after the 2nd year of this new contract. Only 7.5 million in dead money if they cut him in 2019. Not exactly showing full confidence in him...

I'm still under the belief that he is Romo 2.0...he's injury prone, overrated as he has benefitted heavily from great OL play and receivers. And in the end...won't have significant career wins in the post-season.
I'd put Carr in the Romo range, possibly Stafford, top end Matt Ryan.

Folks here will never guess what the end conclusion depends on . . .

hint, rhymes with dest of doster.
[Reply]
Jiu Jitsu Jon 01:08 AM 06-24-2017

So that's the narrative at this point? One big injury in three years and he's injury prone? Isn't finding a QB and surrounding him with talent the smart thing to do? All they have to do to get that team to scary level is to get an average defense.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 01:30 AM 06-24-2017
I'm still under the belief that Carr is Romo 2.0...he's injury prone, overrated as he has benefitted heavily from great OL play and receivers. And in the end...won't have significant career wins in the post-season.
:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:05 AM 06-24-2017

:-)

Sounds more like Smith 2.0
[Reply]
R8RFAN 09:00 AM 06-24-2017
You people are silly ... This site would be in full jizz mode if they had a chance at Carr and he would instantly become the best QB that ever lived.

He jammed his finger ... He had his leg broken in a freak play , he has missed one regular season game in his career but he is injury prone ...
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 09:15 AM 06-24-2017
That still wouldn't make what I said 'absurd'

Go back and read,you ****ing mouth breathing dipshit

How is it ABSURD to agree with/acknowledge the actual odds? Sure maybe they are wrong...maybe I am wrong to agree...but tell me why it's absurd to think the Raiders are favorite to win division...
It's a pussy ass reflex. Might as well look your wife in the eye and say "this isn't going to last" right before you say "I do."

It MAY actually be the reality in the end, but mother****er.. show some spine, and respect YOUR team, instead of bending over for the Fade dick. It's more a reach to state that Oakland will win the AFCW than it is to state KC will. KC has owned their ass time and again, thus far.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:18 AM 06-24-2017
I wouldn't call Carr injury prone based on last season, but I think it's silly to think all you have to do is make the defense average to make the team 'scary'. Raiders also need more weapons on offense for Carr; a consistent TE threat, a running game and a reliable #2 receiver. Carr is s good young QB, no debating that, but he hasn't been able to beat the Chiefs in the regular season and if you can't beat the Chiefs in the regular season, then you're not beating the Patriots in the post-season.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:01 AM 06-24-2017
For the record, because this is an extension it's tacked onto his 1/1 million 2016 contract.

So it's essentially a 6 year 126 million dollar deal, which averages 21 million per year on the cap... not 25. Those are the numbers that ACTUALLY matter.

Carr only has one season on his contract where his cap hit will reach 25 million, and it's 2018. One would think that was strategically placed, as this looks like a contract build to be played all the way through. That's certainly not always the case.

KC backloaded Smith's contract so much (only 4.6 million cap hit in 2014). Even though they gave him 68/4, it was tacked on to the 7.5/1 he was earning and 2.9 million of that was pushed back.

Look, basically what I'm saying is that Smith's contract, beyond the ridiculously low 4.6 hit in 2014 averages to 17.7 million per year from 2015 to 2018. Carr's averages 21.

Raiders got a good deal here.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 29
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up