ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry, Houtston & Peters Not at Voluntary OTAs
Meatloaf 12:37 PM 05-23-2017
As per Terez Paylor via Arrowhead Addict.

Just thought I'd post this as a quick FYI. Carry on.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:19 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
do you realize that every other team has the same odds of going into Foxboro and "put one on the Pats?"

lets use some logic.
It's a claymult. Throwing deeeeeep suuuure woukd get that job done.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:24 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:
By the way- Troy Aikman went 1-11 as a rookie starter

Theres' simply no reason to not start the kid this year
Some times I wonder why we don't get more n00bs, the we get these fucking window lickers and I'm kinda glad we don't get more n00bs
[Reply]
-King- 02:39 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Do you really believe Mahomes has poor accuracy? With as much as he has to adjust to in the league, do you think Dorsey and Reid would draft somebody at QB solely for athletic talent and nothing else.

Mahomes isn't Tebow.
I don't think it's "poor". But it's not great. He got away with a lot of throws a Texas tech because of the offense he played in and the fact that the big 12 is the worst defensive conference in the nation. I think part of that was his mechanics. Fix his mechanics and you fix the majority of his problems and he'll likely be an elite QB.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
-King- 02:41 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This fucking contrarian is in every thread doing the same shit. Pay him no mind.
How dare I say mahomes has terrible mechanics. Guess I'm just being a contrarian. Everybody else thinks his mechanics are great. Right?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:47 PM 06-16-2017
He doesn't have terrible mechanics. Unorthodox does not equal bad.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:56 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
How dare I say mahomes has terrible mechanics. Guess I'm just being a contrarian. Everybody else thinks his mechanics are great. Right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you even know the first thing about throwing mechanics or are you just spouting football fan buzzwords?
[Reply]
JakeF 06:44 PM 06-16-2017
Chiefs make roster moves, including signing Donald Hawkins

Posted by Charean Williams on June 16, 2017, 7:57 PM EDT

Getty Images
The Chiefs signed offensive tackle Donald Hawkins and cornerback Trevon Hartfield. To make room, they released offensive lineman Corin Brooks and cornerback Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

Hawkins, 25, worked out with the Chiefs during their three-day minicamp this week. The former University of Texas standout went undrafted in 2014 but has spent time with the Eagles, Browns, Cowboys, Dolphins, 49ers, Panthers and Jets during his NFL career.

Hartfield, 25, went undrafted out of Southwestern Oklahoma State in 2016 after 73 tackles, 25 pass breakups and five interceptions his senior season. He has spent time with the Cardinals and Titans.

The Chiefs signed Brooks as an undrafted rookie last month out of the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, while Jean-Baptiste was a second-round pick of the Saints in 2014.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:53 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Some times I wonder why we don't get more n00bs, the we get these fucking window lickers and I'm kinda glad we don't get more n00bs
This place is practically pigskinpark at this point, only we don't have a Denise spouting political rhetoric to blame. Actually, these days it looks like the DC subforum drives traffic for the site. People have near terminal PTSD over past QB woes juxtaposed with possible future QB joy, and they can't enjoy the moment where we have a competent FO and coaching staff and a talented squad.
[Reply]
-King- 06:59 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Do you even know the first thing about throwing mechanics or are you just spouting football fan buzzwords?
You can't find anyone that knows anything about throwing a football that says he has average much less good mechanics.

It's the main reason he's sitting this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:23 PM 06-16-2017
You can't find anyone that knows anything about throwing a football that says he has average much less good mechanics.

Posted via Mobile Device
WOW. His problem is his footwork and decision making, not his actually throwing mechanics.
Gruden as well as most all analysts have talked about his accuracy, how good it is. He just threw a lot of balls that he should not have thrown, but as Gruden said when the defense is giving up 60+ points a game he had to try to score on every drive to win games.
[Reply]
-King- 07:37 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
WOW. His problem is his footwork and decision making, not his actually throwing mechanics.
Gruden as well as most all analysts have talked about his accuracy, how good it is. He just threw a lot of balls that he should not have thrown, but as Gruden said when the defense is giving up 60+ points a game he had to try to score on every drive to win games.
Footwork is part of mechanics...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:47 PM 06-16-2017
Footwork is part of mechanics...
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes it is but you are overstating his mechanics of throwing the football being bad. His arm mechanics of throwing the football is very good or he couldn't throw the ball the way he does with good accuracy throwing into tight windows.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:07 PM 06-16-2017
Mechanics include throwing with a good base, stepping toward the target, not overextending his front leg, creating more torque with his lower body, etc. His lower body mechanics are poor.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:04 PM 06-16-2017

Posted via Mobile Device
:-)

No, it's not.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 09:15 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
do you realize that every other team has the same odds of going into Foxboro and "put one on the Pats?"

lets use some logic.
The Pats are favored by 7 in week 1

Pats are the 4th ranked offense coming into the season and the Chiefs are the 21st ranked offense... you do the math, and imagine the great Alex Smith too when you're calculating your odds-

Chiefs will simply not be able to keep up with the Pats for every TD they score-

Not with a below average offense

Now just think about Foxboro,... in Jan, with blizzard snow conditions... Let's just be honest here mkay?
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up