ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Media Center>Fox: The X-Files
keg in kc 05:07 PM 01-17-2015
Seem like I'm about 23 years behind on this one?

(Jesus, 23 years?!)

Apparently not. Fox is in talks with Chris Carter to bring it back, including having David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise Scully and Mulder. Nothing creative yet, just seeing how schedules line up, but still...

Also having (unrelated of course) talks about bringing back Prison Break and running a Kiefer-free version of 24 (not sure how that would work; he was that snow).
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:40 AM 01-31-2018
Yeah it was great.

And Skinner popping up right at the end to ask 'where are taking Reggie?' was icing on the cake.

They can't lick our Dick!

They're always best when they hit a meta like this, and the Mandela Effect has been a growing meme for a handful of years now.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:30 PM 01-31-2018
That was a good episode tonight.
[Reply]
007 11:39 PM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
That was a good episode tonight.
I love that they are advancing the overall story arc as each episode airs. Last year was one ep of story arc followed by 4 eps of monster of the week and ended with the second ep of the story arc.

They are doing a much better job of both this season.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:18 AM 02-01-2018
I randomly grabbed one of the new episodes, "Plus One", and it ****ing sucked. Bad dialog, bad acting and the leads look old and tired.

I'm guessing the only time we'll get semi decent episodes is when it's a self parodying metacomedy thing. You can only go to that well so many times.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02-01-2018, 10:58 AM
This message has been deleted by Mennonite. Reason: dupe
Mennonite 10:29 AM 02-08-2018
Haley Joel Osment is the most horrifying monster of the week since Flukeman.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 10:38 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Haley Joel Osment is the most horrifying monster of the week since Flukeman.
He really... blew up.. didn't he? wow. Thought his acting was solid... and it's been an overall enjoyable season, imho. :-)
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:48 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina:
He really... blew up.. didn't he? wow. Thought his acting was solid

Everything expanded except for his tiny little face. He reminds me of a Dick Tracy villain:

You're right, his acting was good in that episode.

The episode itself wasn't particularly interesting though. It started strong, but it turned out to be another "government is causing people to go crazy" plot. It just seems lazy. Why was HJO the only one going nuts? Why didn't people seem to notice there was an epidemic of tooth loss? It's in Kentucky so these don't have that many teeth to begin with. How was HJO having the same hallucinations as Skinner?

As I said last season - CC and the writers had all of these years to come up with new ideas and they have done nothing but write rehashed premises of old plots, muddled Mytharc stuff and a couple of funny meta comedy episodes. They would have been better doing a full on X files parody show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:10 AM 02-09-2018
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina:
He really... blew up.. didn't he? wow. Thought his acting was solid... and it's been an overall enjoyable season, imho. :-)
Out of curiosity, when was the last time you saw him?

He had recurring parts on Silicon Valley and Comedy Bang-Bang in the past year [he's been hanging out in the LA UCB crowd], so I was a tad acclimated to his adult appearance.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:26 AM 02-09-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Out of curiosity, when was the last time you saw him?

He had recurring parts on Silicon Valley and Comedy Bang-Bang in the past year [he's been hanging out in the LA UCB crowd], so I was a tad acclimated to his adult appearance.
After the Sixth Sense and Pay it Forward, I can't recall seeing him in anything.. so yeah.. big surprise for me. I maybe wouldn't have recognized him at all if the wife hadn't noticed and mentioned his name prior to watching the episode.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up