ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 59
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ellen Page is gay
Hammock Parties 01:02 AM 02-15-2014
Well, that's interesting.

http://gawker.com/ellen-page-comes-o...ium=socialflow

Actress Ellen Page publicly came out as gay Friday evening, while giving a speech at Time to THRIVE, a national LGBTQ youth conference held in Las Vegas.

"I'm here today because I am gay," Page told the assembled crowd, which responded with a standing ovation and a long chorus of cheers.

"Whoo!" said Page, before continuing:

Originally Posted by :

"And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.

I also do it selfishly because I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered, and my relationships suffered. And I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of that pain."
Page is most famous for becoming pregnant by her awkward classmate Michael Cera, and for invading the dreams of a stranger alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, neither of which happened in real life, because she is an actress.

After her speech, the Human Rights Campaign, which organized the conference, congratulated Page on the front page of its website for "her brave decision to live openly and authentically."
[Reply]
Brock 07:40 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
How many people have been beaten to death over having a micropenis?
In guardian's dojo? Bro, you don't even wanna know.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:01 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Brock:
In guardian's dojo? Bro, you don't even wanna know.
:-)
[Reply]
Donger 08:04 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
:-) @ the subtextual dissatisfaction, especially using "pushing."
Okay, is "promoting" better?

Do you dispute that promoting acceptance of homosexuality is the norm in public schools today (and has been for some time)?
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:10 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:

Do you dispute that promoting acceptance of homosexuality is the norm in public schools today (and has been for some time)?
I asked my son about this. He's 15. He didn't feel that there was anything like this at all in his school.
[Reply]
Donger 08:11 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by BCD:
I asked my son about this. He's 15. He didn't feel that there was anything like this at all in his school.
Helsinki Syndrome.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:12 PM 02-15-2014
Helsinki Syndrome.
Scoreboard.
[Reply]
Donger 08:14 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Scoreboard.
43-8
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:17 PM 02-15-2014
Helsinki Syndrome.
[Reply]
Donger 08:29 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by BCD:
Damn, I thought that was going to be esoteric.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:32 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Jodie Foster kept it on the QT for most of her life.
She, John Travolta, Queen Latifah and Tom Cruise, I consider closeted, which is not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about open, but not loquacious.
[Reply]
Brianfo 08:34 PM 02-15-2014
WTF is Ellen Page? Serious?
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:36 PM 02-15-2014
Damn, I thought that was going to be esoteric.
My son is in all AP classes. He's a bright kid.

Plus, his stepdad is fairly anti-gay. He'd know. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:37 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by SNR:
See, that's what I have problems with. Jim Parsons is outwardly gay enough in his personality. This isn't like Neil Patrick Harris or anything. And for those types of gay people, there's not all this pressure for people to think you're something that you are not.

In the 70s and 80s if coming out of the closet were as acceptable as it is now, I don't think Paul Lynde or Charles Nelson Reilly would make public statements about their sexuality. Why should they?
I don't find Parson's swishy in the sense of PL or CNR. I've had several friends more 'gaydar' than Parsons who were definitively hetero. My manager in fast food in HS was the reincarnation of John Waters, but his wife was a manager there and I saw them work together for years. If anything NPH is more of a no brainer due to his Broadway persona.

And half of the posts in this very thread are, 'duh, who didn't know this years ago,' so.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:37 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Brianfo:
WTF is Ellen Page? Serious?
Have you seen Inception?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:15 PM 02-15-2014

No one disputes that, and I don't see why that is problematic. It's an unchangeable part of someone's personhood, and involves individuals who are able and willing to give consent.

Why would reinforcing the idea not to judge other kids when their choices don't harm or infringe on others be a bad thing?
[Reply]
Page 17 of 59
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up