ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 29
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!
SAUTO 08:20 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
You and limested with your fancy pants, modern solutions. This is ChiefsPlanet!

We cut it off, then cauterize, then use 100 proof Old Crow Whisky as an analgesic, finalized by beratement towards the victim for missing an appendage and smelling funny until he finally passes out and dies.

You're not new here dirk! No excuse!
I'll volunteer to lose an appendage
[Reply]
DaFace 07:58 PM 08-14-2019
I suppose that I'd throw out there that, if anyone fancies themselves an expert in MySQL tuning, feel free to shoot me a PM. I've run all sorts of scripts and tweaked things based on their recommendations, but I only barely understand things like read buffer sizes and such.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:59 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I suppose that I'd throw out there that, if anyone fancies themselves an expert in MySQL tuning, feel free to shoot me a PM. I've run all sorts of scripts and tweaked things based on their recommendations, but I only barely understand things like read buffer sizes and such.
Used to be hard core into this stuff. Wish I could help. But gave up IT for aviation. Never looking back. Don’t even own a computer or laptop anymore.
[Reply]
007 10:12 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Used to be hard core into this stuff. Wish I could help. But gave up IT for aviation. Never looking back. Don’t even own a computer or laptop anymore.
Wow, thats quite a career flip. Wish I had the guts to do something like that. I'm miserable right now.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:54 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Wow, thats quite a career flip. Wish I had the guts to do something like that. I'm miserable right now.
Exactly why I left. IT is/was a dead end miserable career.

Once you Decide you’ve had enough..... it’s eassy to make that change.
[Reply]
FAX 11:06 PM 08-14-2019
I'm glad I have no idea how to fix this problem. IT skills require focus and concentration; two of my least favorite things to do.

However, I would be happy to pony up some cash to buy whatever the hell it is that we need to make ChiefsPlanet fly like the Air Wallys on Sunday.

One would think that the Mahomes era deserves a state-of-the-art ChiefsPlanet ...

FAX
[Reply]
ChiefGator 03:06 AM 08-15-2019
Yeah, maybe switch to some SSD drives? I assume it is not current SSD.
[Reply]
007 03:43 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Yeah, maybe switch to some SSD drives? I assume it is not current SSD.
My laptop felt like it was on its last legs. Decided to pop a SSD in it and I was shocked at how big a difference it made. I knew it would be faster but I didn't expect the light speed improvement I got.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:12 AM 08-15-2019
Have you tried turning it off and back on?
[Reply]
HayWire 08:20 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
You must work in IT

:-)
[Reply]
007 09:41 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Of course, I did. Why wouldn't I do that.

(I really didn't but I'm going to lie to you anyway) :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 11:27 AM 08-15-2019
Just for the record, we're not actually considering dumping DC. Or any other subforum for that matter.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:44 AM 08-15-2019
Just for the record, we're not actually considering dumping DC. Or any other subforum for that matter.
I didn’t actually think it was a consideration amongst the actual decision makers. I just don’t get how some people actually advocate for it given the history of this place.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:51 PM 08-15-2019
Just for the record, we're not actually considering dumping DC.
That's it, I'm leaving forever.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:34 PM 08-15-2019
Yeah thats not an option. Starting over on new software with no accounts or history being transferred over. Thats just not realistic. There will be a revitalization of Chiefs hub. :-)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 29
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up