ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 50
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
MahomesMagic 10:02 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And how the hell do the Chiefs execute a trade with Tennessee and not get back our white whale? (Sarcasm)

Would take 1 year older DHop over a 3rd next year.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:58 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Guys, there’s a reasonable middle ground where you can disappointed in this trade while also believing Veach is still a great GM.

You don’t have to talk yourself into liking this just to defend Veach.

You also don’t have to think Veach is an idiot just because you don’t like this trade.
I love Veach. Always will.

Just feel like it’s a rare fumble (and I’m hoping they play isn’t over)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:00 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I love Veach. Always will.

Just feel like it’s a rare fumble (and I’m hoping they play isn’t over)
Yeah - that's a straw man.

Nobody has called Veach an idiot. But he botched this one.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:00 PM 03-22-2024
Guys, there’s a reasonable middle ground where you can disappointed in this trade while also believing Veach is still a great GM.

You also don’t have to think Veach is an idiot just because you don’t like this trade.
Veach is a great GM.

But even the best front offices have weird blind spots.

I really want to see this cap space used to strengthen the offense with Pacheco insurance and a LT.

If they do that today is no big deal.

If they lose a great player like Sneed and tread water on offense then this is horrible.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:05 PM 03-22-2024

This is the take. While I think this trade sucks, Veach is still a high end GM.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:54 PM 03-22-2024
SNEED HAS MISSED ZERO FUCKING GAMES IN HIS CAREER DUE TO HIS “KNEE”. EVERYONE PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HIS KNEE
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:56 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
SNEED HAS MISSED ZERO ****ING GAMES IN HIS CAREER DUE TO HIS “KNEE”. EVERYONE PLEASE SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT HIS KNEE
It’s projecting forward with how his knee will hold up and affect his ability to continue playing at an elite level.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:55 PM 03-22-2024
SNEED HAS MISSED ZERO ****ING GAMES IN HIS CAREER DUE TO HIS “KNEE”. EVERYONE PLEASE SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT HIS KNEE. AS TYREEK ONCE SAID BEST…. HE GOOD!!
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:07 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
SNEED HAS MISSED ZERO ****ING GAMES IN HIS CAREER DUE TO HIS “KNEE”. EVERYONE PLEASE SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT HIS KNEE. AS TYREEK ONCE SAID BEST…. HE GOOD!!
He missed all of TC last year because of the knee. It’s an issue and it clearly hurt his trade value.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
He missed all of TC last year because of the knee. It’s an issue and it clearly hurt his trade value.
And proceeded to have one of the best seasons by a corner in the modern era.

Yeah - fucking knee really wrecked him.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:17 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And proceeded to have one of the best seasons by a corner in the modern era.

Yeah - ****ing knee really wrecked him.
I’d be hesitant to give out big guaranteed money to a 27 year old corner with a bum knee. You don’t give out contracts based on past performance. Corners have a short shelf life in the NFL.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I’d be hesitant to give out big guaranteed money to a 27 year old corner with a bum knee. You don’t give out contracts based on past performance. Corners have a short shelf life in the NFL.
And yet we threw gobs of money at a 30 year old DT...

That was absolutely a contract based on past performance. Jones isn't going to play at the level of that deal.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:55 PM 03-22-2024

I don’t think the Chiefs got fleeced.

The league knew the Chiefs had no interest in keeping/paying Sneed long term.
Sneed’s knee is not in good shape.
3rd round compensatory picks are not a guarantee. There’s been 7 given out the past 3 drafts. https://t.co/27NqxX6LdH

— Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
tk13 09:58 PM 03-22-2024
Definitely a disappointing trade but also insinuating Veach is some kind of shaky GM when we're about two plays away from 6 straight Super Bowls is a bit much too.

I think he just decided that LT is more important than CB because they've been great at drafting DBs. They probably had to pay for one and draft the other and they chose to draft DB. We're about to find out though.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:07 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
I think he just decided that LT is more important than CB because they've been great at drafting DBs. They probably had to pay for one and draft the other and they chose to draft DB. We're about to find out though.
Yes this, but also the DB depth already on the roster. Whereas we're currently setting at Wanya as LT and needing DL depth as well. Never wanted to keep him due to the cap hit this year and impending injury risk of an extension at his price. Will be interesting to revisit this thread.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 50
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up