bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:49 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
"That's Brett Favre. I want him."
Pretty much sums that up.

This is either about Andy wanting the power, Dorsey's cap management, or Dorsey wanting to go to GB. My money would be on the first two.
[Reply]
FringeNC 02:49 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Andy forced it.

The fact that it was announced simultaneously with the extension isn't a coincidence.

Andy didn't just sign off on it, he was the catalyst.
Didn't Reid already have tremendous power? He was hired first and brought in Dorsey. Your explanation is the most plausible but it still doesn't really make sense.
[Reply]
mcaj22 02:49 PM 06-22-2017
what a shame, last time Reid got all the power thats how it sunk the Eagles. I thought Dorsey was a great checks and balance to Reid.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:49 PM 06-22-2017
Extending Reid and letting Dorsey walk is about as nightmare a scenario as I can imagine.

Hope to christ this organization isn't about to turn into the clown show that Philadelphia turned into around 2010-2012 when Reid was in charge.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:49 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
And yet in the last few years he still only had one season under .500.

Reid is proven, Dorsey still isn't. He wants to be the guy and that's why the GB rumors popped up. In his previous tenure in Green Bay, he was 3rd in command. With the chiefs he was 3rd in command. Unless you're going to fire Reid, Dorsey was going to leave.
Posted via Mobile Device
A few wildcard losses and a .500 season are hardly anything to write home about. This was a perfect marriage between a good coach and a good GM. The Chiefs fucked this up.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:49 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So you believe that Reid essentially said "I won't sign an extension if John Dorsey remains as the GM?".

Man, that seems like a stretch.
I don't think it's a stretch at all. Given the timing, it fits under Occam's Razor. Doesn't mean it's the reason, but I could see it, especially with Mahomes now, Reid would have the leverage, figuring that the team needs him to coach the young QB more than it needs Dorsey.
[Reply]
jerryforeverrice80 02:49 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
:-) ... it's happening all over again???? :-)
looks that way.:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 02:49 PM 06-22-2017
Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network that he heard that Dorsey weighed in on the potential GB job even though he liked KC. Clark knew about this and made the decision now.

The press release sure makes this seem accurate. "We decided to make this move now to allow John to pursue other opportunities."
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:50 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Look, I've been a huge Dorsey proponent and it's easy to look at his accomplishment and how they've positively impacted the Chiefs organization.

But, IMO, this move, while shocking, shouldn't be unexpected.

The Chiefs dumped Trip McCracken and Will Lewis and dumped some scouts. Dorsey has clearly made some errors during his tenure including Dunta Robinson, Vance Walker, Dwayne Bowe, Jeremy Maclin and Mike McGlynn, not to mention being punked by Justin Houston and Eric Berry's agents.

Additionally, this firing occurred just two days after it was revealed the Jeremy Maclin played through a groin injury, the same Maclin that was released by Dorsey via voicemail. The Chiefs cap is a disaster, thanks to stupid deals to Tamba Hali (after taking a $4 million dollar cap hit), cutting Jaye Howard just a year after extending him, Maclin's deal, etc.

I don't know if the Maclin reveal was the proverbial "Straw that broke the camel's back", but it wouldn't be surprising.

I don't know, at this point, how it makes the team better in the short term and long term, but I can understand why it was done, especially if Dorsey had his sights on replacing Ted Thompson eventually.
I had totally forgot about them eating Tamba's roster money before working an extension, that was dumb as shit. Plus the Bowe contract, Alex's huge extension and the rest of the terrible cap choices.
[Reply]
-King- 02:50 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dorsey isn't proven? :-)

The guy is a fucking phenomenal drafter. Give me a fucking break
We don't know what exactly hes done. He's not the #1 here. He's the #3 so how do you know how much credit to give him regarding drafts?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:50 PM 06-22-2017
Now they gonna trade Mahomes for 2 2nd round picks.
[Reply]
DaWolf 02:50 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This seems more likely than Reid being in Smith's court.

Reid may have wanted Maclin to stay and favored cutting someone else.
I'd be shocked if that move went down without Reid signing off on it. More likely the fact that they got into that position in the first place.

Also wonder if this is tied to why Mahomes hasn't signed yet...
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:50 PM 06-22-2017
Dorsey was this team's best GM since the early days of Carl. If the issue was the cap management, they already fired the main guy who was handling it. Just doesn't make sense unless he is actually going back to GB or this was a Reid power play.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:51 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
The one thing Dorsey sucked at was managing the cap.
This was rumored to be why some of the earlier front off shake ups occurred. Unreal
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:51 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
Page 17 of 137
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up