ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 67
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2018 FIFA World Cup Thread.
TripleThreat 02:47 PM 06-15-2018
The most popular tournament in the world has finally come to a reality after 4 long years. 32 teams battle it out for the once every four year tournament known as the FIFA World Cup.

USA Eliminated from the World Cup, and did not qualify for the tournament for the first time since 1986. USA plans and vows to be back as a power house for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

USA, Mexico, and Canada will host the 2026 FIFA World Cup, with USA hosting 60 of the 80 matches. Below is a link for the 2026 possible venues for play, Arrowhead being one of the possibility's as a venue for the cup.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/wor...da-going-to-be

Below are the 32 teams that qualified this year for the 2018 World Cup, and will fight for a chance at the title.

Eliminated:

Group A: Saudia Arabia, Egypt

Group B: Iran, Morocco

Group C: Peru, Australia

Group D: Iceland, Nigeria

Group E: Costa Rica, serbia

Group F: Germany, Korea Republic

Group G: Panama Tunisia

Group H: Poland, Senegal

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:09 AM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It was really their only tactic to try to get Brazil out of sync. Didn't work.
I understand that but it stunk to watch. It is the main reason why people have a bias against soccer. It is like faking injuries in football.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:10 AM 06-22-2018
Why is Neymar acting like they just won the Cup? They basically beat Vermont.
I think the announcer explained it well. Tons of pressure on him, emotionally drained etc.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:12 AM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
I understand that but it stunk to watch. It is the main reason why people have a bias against soccer. It is like faking injuries in football.
I'm certainly not advocating for it. It was pathetic. But I get why they did it. If you're(not you personally)going to follow soccer, it comes with the territory especially in talent wise lopsided international matches, like this one.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:14 AM 06-22-2018
I'm certainly not advocating for it. It was pathetic. But I get why they did it. If you're(not you personally)going to follow soccer, it comes with the territory especially in talent wise lopsided international matches, like this one.
Well said. It is a necessary evil.

Quick question, are you a Hawaii grad or fan? If so, we should have a fun signature bet on the Army-Hawaii game.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:18 AM 06-22-2018

Quick question, are you a Hawaii grad or fan? If so, we should have a fun signature bet on the Army-Hawaii game.
Born and raised on Oahu and my dad is a grad, so I'm a huge fan. However, in this case huge and dumb don't correlate. You'd have to give me points. This team is going to be brutal and God awful on the road.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:20 AM 06-22-2018
Born and raised on Oahu and my dad is a grad, so I'm a huge fan. However, in this case huge and dumb don't correlate. You'd have to give me points. This team is going to be brutal and God awful on the road.
I am good for that. Like I said, it is a friendly bet. The signature wouldn't be anything vulgar.

Haha. Don't worry, it will get better soon. I generally pull for Hawaii when they are not playing Army. You guys are fun to watch. Great traditions and bowl game.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:42 AM 06-22-2018
I am good for that. Like I said, it is a friendly bet. The signature wouldn't be anything vulgar.

Haha. Don't worry, it will get better soon. I generally pull for Hawaii when they are not playing Army. You guys are fun to watch. Great traditions and bowl game.
Thanks. I pull for all the service academy schools unless they are playing UH.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 10:09 AM 06-22-2018
Holy shit. What a first touch by the Nigerian striker, Musa. That was gorgeous.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:14 AM 06-22-2018
C'mon Iceland! Don't lose to Nigeria.
[Reply]
Shag 10:20 AM 06-22-2018

Fuck that "necessary evil" bs. I'm a soccer fan, and think the flopping is beyond ridiculous, and hurts the game. If a match is lopsided, then take your lumps and get better - don't try to game the refs. It's bush league.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:25 AM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by Shag:
**** that "necessary evil" bs. I'm a soccer fan, and think the flopping is beyond ridiculous, and hurts the game. If a match is lopsided, then take your lumps and get better - don't try to game the refs. It's bush league.
Ideally, sure. But in a WC situation where you have to at least draw to survive another day, you're gonna do whatever you think you need to in order to survive
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:34 AM 06-22-2018
C'mon Iceland! Don't lose to Nigeria.
Nigeria has been very impressive today. Iceland needs to figure out how to add some offense to their system. Good run to the WC and they're not eliminated yet but they don't quite look ready to take the next, next step.
[Reply]
Shag 10:35 AM 06-22-2018
Ideally, sure. But in a WC situation where you have to at least draw to survive another day, you're gonna do whatever you think you need to in order to survive
Only because there aren't repercussions, and it's somehow accepted by soccer fans. You don't see it in other sports to anywhere near the same degree. Players should be embarrassed trying to pull this shit off.
[Reply]
Shag 10:35 AM 06-22-2018
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Holy shit. What a first touch by the Nigerian striker, Musa. That was gorgeous.
Musa taking over late. Great strike off the crossbar, then weaves through the Icelandic defense for an easy one.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:42 AM 06-22-2018
Moonshot. Iceland can't get off the mat.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 67
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up