ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 30
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed
neech 10:50 PM 04-09-2021
The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.
:-)

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:56 PM 04-28-2023
Airport did great with the influx of draft visitors.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...#storylink=cpy

Originally Posted by :
Nope, at least as of now — on the eve of the opening day of the NFL Draft at Union Station — the long, terrible, frustrating line that people have been complaining about since the new terminal opened in February was nowhere to be seen.
Originally Posted by :
Kemp said that, initially, after the new terminal opened, the lines were terrible. People had grown used to pulling up to the gates at the old terminals and being allowed to sit, read, do the Wordle while they waited. Rules are being enforced more consistently. They’re simple: Upon arriving to pick up a loved one, you can park in the nearby garage (cost is $3 for up to hour). Or you can take the Paris Street exit on the way into the terminal and wait in the free cellphone lot, 680 Brasilia Ave., until your passenger is standing outside the terminal. Once they’re waiting outside, go get them. No one is going to stop you from picking someone up, and then quickly going on your way.

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:03 PM 04-28-2023
I assume that's two very different issues, potentially.

The cell phone lot and arrival issues is locals picking up locals.

The draft is having enough shuttles, ubers, and rental cars available... and then having the rental car staff and security lanes and so forth to deal with all of the departures.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:06 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I assume that's two very different issues, potentially.

The cell phone lot and arrival issues is locals picking up locals.

The draft is having enough shuttles, ubers, and rental cars available... and then having the rental car staff and security lanes and so forth to deal with all of the departures.
I have been told here the new airport is a disaster and that this draft would be a disaster because of that just sayin
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:09 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by neech:
The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.
:-)

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
Modern art is an abomination.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:14 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Modern art is an abomination.
My favorite thing about reading your posts is how you are so honest about everything surrounding you in your daily life makes you miserable.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:08 AM 04-29-2023
Modern art is truly an abomination Zach. That Raiders guy doesnt write long paragraphs like yours truly but what he says is always firey firey truth. Educate yourself, Zach.

https://youtu.be/ANA8SI_KvqI
[Reply]
|Zach| 04:36 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Modern art is truly an abomination Zach. That Raiders guy doesnt write long paragraphs like yours truly but what he says is always firey firey truth. Educate yourself, Zach.

https://youtu.be/ANA8SI_KvqI
You have never once said anything of value and I will not spend a moment clicking a link that you post. You are at your best when you are rambling to yourself in threads you make in the romper room. All the best with that.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:05 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
My favorite thing about reading your posts is how you are so honest about everything surrounding you in your daily life makes you miserable.
Modern society is a cesspool. I don't seek to spare feelings.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:40 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Modern society is a cesspool. I don't seek to spare feelings.
That’s why you’re an incel, seeking acceptance here.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:45 AM 04-29-2023
It's always funny watching Zach try to dab on rednecks like he's some highfaultin metropolitan.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:12 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
It's always funny watching Zach try to dab on rednecks like he's some highfaultin metropolitan.
I live in a highly metropolitan trendy city full of millilennials and Gen-Z’rs. I stand out like a sore thumb. I get looks like who let grandpa out of the nursing home to disturb our vibe.
[Reply]
seclark 12:28 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I live in a highly metropolitan trendy city full of millilennials and Gen-Z’rs. I stand out like a sore thumb. I get looks like who let grandpa out of the nursing home to disturb our vibe.
No, it’s because you’re a ginger :-)
sec
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:32 PM 04-29-2023
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=228
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:20 PM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Last time I was in downtown St Pete, I went to a farmer's market and to a jazz night that (to my surprise) looked like a retirement home dance-off at the Floridian Social.... so yeah, that's probably not it.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:04 PM 04-29-2023
Dab on??
[Reply]
Page 17 of 30
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up