ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 219
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:57 AM 11-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Zero chance that we don’t get a NY6 bowl. Mathematically or emotionally. I know ol miss thinks they have an argument….Mizzou is categorically recognized as a top 5 team.
Ole miss might have an argument to be included but I don't feel like Mizzou is the last team in anyway. I'm just not that worried.

Maybe I'm whistling past the graveyard a bit and 'because Mizzou' will bite us, but I don't feel like it. This team is a draw. Great WR group and maybe the best RB in the country (at least the resume competes with anyone) - a strong, fast, aggressive defense. What's not to like about them as a bowl selection committee?

They're fine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:04 PM 11-26-2023
Really what would've helped the most was Florida State losing.

That gives them the ACC slot in the selection bowl (orange, I think) so nobody has to select Louisville and then Louisville drops out. But with the ACC tie-in and FSU in the playoff, Louisville is still in.

But if Washington takes that 4th playoff spot and the Orange can take FSU, that would free up an at-large selection probably for ole-miss.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:35 PM 11-26-2023
Missouri at #9 in the AP poll. Behind Alabama and in front of Penn State. They are the highest ranked 2 loss team.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:05 PM 11-26-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Missouri at #9 in the AP poll. Behind Alabama and in front of Penn State. They are the highest ranked 2 loss team.
I don’t see them dropping any the rest of the year. I do wonder if they could jump Alabama or Texas if they lose in their respective conference championship games. Genuinely interested to see who they play in their bowl. Would suck if they got stuck with Tulane or something like that.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:23 PM 11-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ole miss might have an argument to be included but I don't feel like Mizzou is the last team in anyway. I'm just not that worried.

Maybe I'm whistling past the graveyard a bit and 'because Mizzou' will bite us, but I don't feel like it. This team is a draw. Great WR group and maybe the best RB in the country (at least the resume competes with anyone) - a strong, fast, aggressive defense. What's not to like about them as a bowl selection committee?

They're fine.
I fully expect it to happen. That way if/when it does, I won't be nearly as pissed off as I was in the past.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:28 PM 11-26-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I don’t see them dropping any the rest of the year. I do wonder if they could jump Alabama or Texas if they lose in their respective conference championship games. Genuinely interested to see who they play in their bowl. Would suck if they got stuck with Tulane or something like that.
THIS is what I expect to happen.

More prestigious bowl game against a boring opponent that we won't get up for and we'll end up losing to finish the season on a sour note.
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:52 PM 11-26-2023
There were a ton of Mizzou fans at the game the other day I started feeling bad for some of them.

You could not even talk shit. Anyone still around toward the end was a real one and deserved respect.

[Reply]
tredadda 10:10 PM 11-26-2023
THIS is what I expect to happen.

More prestigious bowl game against a boring opponent that we won't get up for and we'll end up losing to finish the season on a sour note.
Honestly giving Mizzou a game against Tulane says a lot about what the committee thinks of what they accomplished this season. No knock on Tulane, but not giving them a better bowl game opponent would be a huge insult to their season.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:15 PM 11-26-2023

They're fine.
OM getting waxed in their last loss really hurt them.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:31 AM 11-27-2023

They're fine.
Bowls care about tickets and name brand.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:53 AM 11-27-2023
Has anyone seen what the latest predictions are in regards to the bowl games?

I'm not in the mood to pay for ESPN+ just to see..
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:50 AM 11-27-2023
I don't think so.

Bama could lose 3 and still get into a NY6 bowl. And I don't think Mizzou is at real danger of NOT getting into one.

I don't think this changes much at all. Provided you see all the NY6 bowls (non-playoff) as equally situated.
I view the Peach and Cotton Bowls as lesser based on what they've been the last 40 years. Archaic, perhaps, but I wanted a "BCS" bowl for them. No concern about NY6.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:07 AM 11-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Has anyone seen what the latest predictions are in regards to the bowl games?

I'm not in the mood to pay for ESPN+ just to see..
Last I saw they have Mizzou playing Tulane in the Peach Bowl.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 06:18 PM 11-28-2023
Mizzou still 9. I’m curious where Kiffen and ol miss fans think they should magically move up three spots to take our NY6 bid? It doesn’t make any sense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:13 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Last I saw they have Mizzou playing Tulane in the Peach Bowl.
I'd rather play Ole Miss in the fucking Outback Bowl...

God that Tulane matchup sucks.
[Reply]
Page 168 of 219
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218 > Last »
Up