ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 293
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Dunit35 07:16 PM 03-10-2018
Very nice tournament. Huge for Newman and De Sousa.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:17 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
And with that, Bill Self gives the middle finger to CP’s braintrust.

He should make it a double bird by getting deep in the NCAA.

Newman has been just nails. Him performing at this caliber changes our entire trajectory. Add in Silvio playing like he is and this team could prove everyone wrong.

Or they could lay an egg on the first weekend - I’ve given up hypothesizing about this team.
He certainly made some bones this season as a motivator. This is still one of the less talented squads he's had in a while. And while he has to take a little heat in the recruiting department for that [along with the Preston mess], he's certainly known when to apply pressure for these guys to live up to the legacy.

Kind of reminds me of Reid pulling that 1-5 start out of the fire a few years back. Which, face it, is still a huge part of his [Reid's] cachet in his Chief era.
[Reply]
ROYC75 07:19 PM 03-10-2018
Awesome game, team stepped up the 2nd half after getting down by 8!

There is no telling how this team is going to play, just when you let your guard down because of their stupid play or poor shooting, they light it up and turn up the heat!:-)

With De Sousa playing this way, maybe we can make a serious run for the championship? Maybe ?

Maybe if I keep doubting this team, they will ?

:-)
[Reply]
DanBecky 07:21 PM 03-10-2018
A high school senior had 16 points and 10 boards tonight for a future number one seed. Not bad young fella.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:22 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
boom, have faith boys damn dont be so afraid
newman played way above what he showed this season. He played so bad, he was benched. Glad to see him showing why he was a top recruit out of high school.

De Sousa showing why he was a top 30 recruit.

If those two play in the NCAA like they did in the Big12, KU can win it all. Or revert back and get kicked out early.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:35 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
A high school senior had 16 points and 10 boards tonight for a future number one seed. Not bad young fella.
Whoot whoot whoot!

Guy is an elite rebounder, especially offensively. Can't defend worth a shit yet, but that will come. Hitting on all cylinders going into the tournament.
[Reply]
DanBecky 07:41 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Whoot whoot whoot!

Guy is an elite rebounder, especially offensively. Can't defend worth a shit yet, but that will come. Hitting on all cylinders going into the tournament.
Idk how many years this kid is gonna stay, but man oh man, he could be an absolute beast.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:47 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
newman played way above what he showed this season. He played so bad, he was benched. Glad to see him showing why he was a top recruit out of high school.

De Sousa showing why he was a top 30 recruit.

If those two play in the NCAA like they did in the Big12, KU can win it all. Or revert back and get kicked out early.
Newman had a few games down the stretch where he played very well. But yeah, he hasn't played this well.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:48 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Whoot whoot whoot!

He needs improvement on defense but I still think he's a better man on man defender than Lightfoot. Mitch is just really good at coming off his man and blocking someone else's man.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
He needs improvement on defense but I still think he's a better man on man defender than Lightfoot. Mitch is just really good at coming off his man and blocking someone else's man.
you think Mitch should play over DeSousa in the tournament?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:13 PM 03-10-2018
No, I would prefer DeSousa to play over Lightfoot.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:19 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I do like watching them beat these douchebags.
Jesus God I hate watching WVU play basketball. I mean I respect the hell out of Carter and Kanote is really fucking good but they are truly unbearable.

They should take Vick’s minutes. Mitch is the better defender and shot blocker Silvio is a far better rebounder and moving without the ball.

It should be about matchups moving forward.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 08:21 PM 03-10-2018
1 seed in the Midwest. Is that the Thursday/Saturday slot?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:26 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
No, I would prefer DeSousa to play over Lightfoot.
sounds like Self has him a keeper.

De Sousa on Konante: "Once he dunked that ball, I said, 'Oh, it's not going to happen again'"
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:26 PM 03-10-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Jesus God I hate watching WVU play basketball. I mean I respect the hell out of Carter and Kanote is really fucking good but they are truly unbearable.
Yeah, they've played some games that are just excruciating to watch... by the end, I barely even cared if KU won, I just wanted the game to end. WVU is more talented now though, so IMO the games aren't nearly as bad overall.
[Reply]
Page 166 of 293
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Up