ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 195
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2017 NFL Draft Thread**** (NO Spoilers)
Dante84 11:29 PM 04-26-2017
Let's fucking do this.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:46 PM 04-29-2017
Colts are doing a pretty good job.
[Reply]
O.city 12:46 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
You're right

Tbh there no point in even watching the draft past the 1st round.

Dorsey drafts like a scout, not a GM.

He doesn't give a shit about rankings or projections. He has yet to realize that it's often better to take a less-talented guy who is ready to perform yr 1 than it is constantly going for an elite guy who won't get there until year 4.
What rankings would you like him to go from? I'd imagine he's going from his board.

How many year 1 performers has he gotten out of the last 3 drafts?
[Reply]
mcaj22 12:47 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Jake Butts could have and we passed on him
that I agree with.

But at this point I don't think anyone they pick now even makes the team.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:47 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Marcus Peters, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones and Mitch Morse all say "Hi".

He's drafted late round players like LDT, DAT, Steven Nelson and Fulton that have contributed early.

This is a team that's gone 12-5 the past two seasons, has only 4 players over the age of 30 (three of which are gone next year for sure).

There isn't much room on this roster, especially for "maxed out" players.
It's as if many of us have forgotten the days of Carl where he'd literally draft and sign free agents to appease sports writers. I'll trust in Dorsey and enjoy the ride.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:47 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Gotta say this is a legit concern. Maybe he's happy with what we have.
There was no market for Hodges before the draft and it's likely there will be less of a market after.

As I mentioned on Thursday, I expect him to sign within the next week or so and probably for much lower than he ever expected.
[Reply]
OldSchool 12:49 PM 04-29-2017
No different than ignoring WR's in the 2014 draft
Right, and he paid for it by having to sign Maclin after it turned out that, surprise surprise, the Chiefs had no potential at all at WR because he neglected to take one in the 2014 draft.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:50 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
What rankings would you like him to go from? I'd imagine he's going from his board.

How many year 1 performers has he gotten out of the last 3 drafts?
I'm so surprised anyone responds to this dipshit anymore
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:51 PM 04-29-2017
The Chiefs drafted a handful of DBs a year ago and Mitchell played well enough to get more time as the #2.

I'm not surprised they didn't choose one with how many selections they traded off.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:52 PM 04-29-2017
Someone help me out...where is our next pick?
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:52 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Colts are doing a pretty good job.
Ballard appears to have learned a lot from his last rodeo as a GM.

Looks like they'll be back in the annual playoff team conversation pretty soon once their line solidifies
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:53 PM 04-29-2017
We kept New England's comp 5th. 183 overall
[Reply]
tk13 12:53 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I've learned that Dorsey is going to do whatever he wants and generally not what I want. Pointless to scream for guys now.
Most Packer fans would probably tell you the same thing. Even before we hired Dorsey, most GB fans I knew would usually spend the draft scratching their head at Ted Thompson. Right or wrong, they kind of march to their own drum.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 12:53 PM 04-29-2017
Marcus Peters, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones and Mitch Morse all say "Hi".

He's drafted late round players like LDT, DAT, Steven Nelson and Fulton that have contributed early.

This is a team that's gone 12-5 the past two seasons, has only 4 players over the age of 30 (three of which are gone next year for sure).

There isn't much room on this roster, especially for "maxed out" players.
Everything you say is true.

It still doesn't change the fact that our team has borderline playoff talent level with a top-3 salary cap. Premium money spent for above average talent.

we are always among the youngest teams in the league and we will continue to be because of the revolving door of talent we have.

Guys come in, guys leave ... overall talent level stays the same.

Too many projects costing too much money

countdown until response of 'it's all Alex Smith's fault' .... 3,2,1....
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:54 PM 04-29-2017
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:55 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We kept New England's comp 5th. 183 overall
Thanks!
[Reply]
Page 165 of 195
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175 > Last »
Up