ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1620 of 2138
« First < 620112015201570161016161617161816191620 16211622162316241630167017202120 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The 10pm thread (archived)
crazycoffey 10:00 PM 01-05-2007
The big anti-hijack thread.....
Talk about anything, but if this works than we don't have to keep looking around all the threads to see who is still on tonight, and every night, or even every day! Talk about the chiefs, talk about tomorrow, talk about football, politics or even how to do flooring and the applicable budget. What you're drinking, how hard it is to sleep, etc. Every thing is acceptable in this thread.....

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...om.html?sort=2 see for yourself, it is ten o'clock somewhere.
Simply Red 09:40 PM 04-01-2008
Originally Posted by Joie:
Still engaged...the wedding is August 8.
That's awesome. Many congrat's, pls. tell him the same.

-SR

Simply Red 09:42 PM 04-01-2008
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
There's enough of us "experienced" suckers on this site to start a whole "why marriage is a bad idea" forum.
Precisely. lol'ing at Rausch and you.
luv 09:44 PM 04-01-2008
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Precisely. lol'ing at Rausch and you.
Laughing out louding? :-)
Joie 09:44 PM 04-01-2008
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
That's awesome. Many congrat's, pls. tell him the same.

-SR
Thank you, sir. I'm getting excited/scared.....excited because in 4 months we'll finally be married, scared because we still have so much preparation before the wedding.
Simply Red 09:47 PM 04-01-2008
Thank you, sir. I'm getting excited/scared.....excited because in 4 months we'll finally be married, scared because we still have so much preparation before the wedding.
yeah lot O sh!t to worry about. It never feels like your ground is covered (all the way up to hitch-time) and then suddenly you realize, all was really taken care of.
Bugeater 09:48 PM 04-01-2008
Disappointing.

Someone finally bumps this thing and it's just so he can ask for money.:-)
You know, you're allowed to bump this thread.
Rausch 09:48 PM 04-01-2008
Don't plan on calling it off. I've been wanting to marry this man for several years now.

What's your advice?
Don't be shocked when things change. You're about to dedicate your life to someone who doesn't think like you, act like you, or dream like you, no matter how much you think you know them.

Your hormones, organs, and experiences make you worlds different. Now that "PERMANENT" is what he he (and you) will be thinking about for weeks afterwards be sure to be patient. You can say "Oh, I know him/her and things won't be different" but that's n00b talk. Different doesn't have to be bad, but it will if you aren't prepared or willing to work out what will be a change.

You've just dedicated your lives to each other. How could you not feel changed? It's the type of thing women dream about and you don't expect to feel or act different afterwards?

I'll always recomend staying single and cutting off the reproductive onramp to babytown over a ring, but if you won't listen to reason, remember what's above...
luv 09:50 PM 04-01-2008
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Don't be shocked when things change. You're about to dedicate your life to someone who doesn't think like you, act like you, or dream like you, no matter how much you think you know them.

Your hormones, organs, and experiences make you worlds different. Now that "PERMANENT" is what he he (and you) will be thinking about for weeks afterwards be sure to be patient. You can say "Oh, I know him/her and things won't be different" but that's n00b talk. Different doesn't have to be bad, but it will if you aren't prepared or willing to work out what will be a change.

You've just dedicated your lives to each other. How could you not feel changed? It's the type of thing women dream about and you don't expect to feel or act different afterwards?

I'll always recomend staying single and cutting off the reproductive onramp to babytown over a ring, but if you won't listen to reason, remember what's above...
You're making sense. How many beers have you had?

I'm staying single forever. Men are assholes.
Bugeater 09:53 PM 04-01-2008
Originally Posted by luv:
You're making sense. How many beers have you had?

I'm staying single forever. Men are assholes.
It's better to be the asshole than the whole ass.
luv 09:54 PM 04-01-2008
Originally Posted by GoBo:
It's better to be the asshole than the whole ass.
I usually wind up being the ass.
keg in kc 09:56 PM 04-01-2008
To what Brad said I'll add only to try not to envision or fantasize what the "perfect" marriage would be like, and expect yours to be that. Nobody gets a perfect marriage, not you, not anybody. It doesn't exist. I would try my best not to expect anything going in, in terms of "this is what married life with this man I've wanted to marry for years will be.' Just let life happen and deal with the changes and challenges as they happen. Anything else is setting yourself up for disappointment. Now, I'm not saying to expect bad things, I'm saying to expect nothing. Don't have expectations, just live your life and let the marriage be what it is. It's going to be an organic thing, with ebbs and flows and it will change over time just like you will, and he will.

And if that still sounds negative, it's because I think we (this includes men as well as women) have this fairy-tale vision of marriage, and I think trying to keep ourselves rooted in reality going in might just be a good start towards getting the divorce rate back under 50%...
Joie 09:56 PM 04-01-2008
Originally Posted by Rausch:

Thank you. That's very sound advice. I absolutely expect changes....as we change and grow as individuals we need to take care that our relationship grows as well. We've lived together for four years now, but I know that with even that much history becoming Mr. and Mrs. will inevitably change us. I'm looking forward to the next step of our lives together.
Rausch 10:03 PM 04-01-2008
To what Brad said I'll add only to try not to envision or fantasize what the "perfect" marriage would be like, and expect yours to be that. Nobody gets a perfect marriage, not you, not anybody. It doesn't exist. I would try my best not to expect anything going in, in terms of "this is what married life with this man I've wanted to marry for years will be.' Just let life happen and deal with the changes and challenges as they happen. Anything else is setting yourself up for disappointment. Now, I'm not saying to expect bad things, I'm saying to expect nothing. Don't have expectations, just live your life and let the marriage be what it is. It's going to be an organic thing, with ebbs and flows and it will change over time just like you will, and he will.

And if that still sounds negative, it's because I think we (this includes men as well as women) have this fairy-tale vision of marriage, and I think trying to keep ourselves rooted in reality going in might just be a good start towards getting the divorce rate back under 50%...

Perhaps better than what I had to say. And we're both anti-ring arsepipes.

On a side note, knowing the Infallibility clause required for marriage, due to human nature, why let a failed relationship change you?:-)
Bugeater 10:03 PM 04-01-2008
Originally Posted by luv:
I usually wind up being the ass.
Have you tried breaking some stuff? That usually makes me feel better.
Joie 10:04 PM 04-01-2008

I don't think that's negative at all. It's realistic. Just because we'll have the same last name doesn't mean suddenly he'll start putting the toilet seat down all the time or I'll start putting the laundry away as soon as the dryer's done. We'll still be us. To expect perfection would be foolish. It'll be what it is....just like we are what we are now, and that's different from four years ago when I moved in.
Page 1620 of 2138
« First < 620112015201570161016161617161816191620 16211622162316241630167017202120 > Last »
Up