JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:54 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
And I'm saying you don't have to spend a R1 pick to do it.
And I agree with you there.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:54 PM 03-12-2024
Right?

We've proven it's a luxury, not a necessity.

I'm all for fast guys, speed kills in this league.

But taking guys simply because they are fast is a recipe for disaster.
Your argument against the burner role is my argument for Hollywood Brown. He plays the intermediate and was very productive in the screen game.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:55 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
My offseason dream has been Brown and McConkey, fwiw. I’ve loved the thought of that pairing with Mahomes, Rice, and Kelce.
I'm fine with bringing Hardman/Watson back and Drafting McConkey. I absolutely love what he would bring to the team.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:56 PM 03-12-2024

BREAKING: The #Colts are making a strong push to re-sign Pro Bowl cornerback Kenny Moore II, per ESPN.

Philadelphia #Eagles did show interest . pic.twitter.com/9jvh9CryQn

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 12, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 03-12-2024
Right?

We've proven it's a luxury, not a necessity.

I'm all for fast guys, speed kills in this league.

But taking guys simply because they are fast is a recipe for disaster.
I think there are diminishing returns.

You need one. Even if its a fast guy who's just fast, you have to have a guy on the roster who's a threat to run a vert and cause havoc. It's just something opposing DCs will have to keep in mind.

And in my perfect world we have 2 of them to run 11 personnel and really get into those deep outs and crossers that hurt the Cover 2. But as you've noted, that's not the ONLY way to do it (just the way I prefer).

Do you need 2 fast guys to score points and win football games? Nah. But I do think you need 1.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:59 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The fascination isn't with replacing Tyreek. It's just with making sure there is credible deep speed to punish teams if they start coming up to compress the short and intermediate routes and strangle YAC.

The Raiders' gameplan was successful on Christmas Day for a variety of factors, but a key one was showing no respect for the deep ball in their gameplan... and then not being punished for that.

The offense worked better in the playoffs because they were able to hit Valdes-Scantling on shots when teams didn't respect KC deep.

He's gone, and no one on the current roster really fills that role. I'm good with bringing Hardman back but don't love relying on him in that role.

Get a more dangerous and respected deep threat than Valdes-Scantling was in 2023 (even 2022 Valdes-Scantling was respected, which is a key for why the offense was able to be so efficient and consistent) and the space underneath for Rice and Kelce will be much greater.

And it doesn't have to be a small fast guy like Marquise Brown or Xavier Worthy or Roman Wilson. It can be a bigger fast guy like Xaiver Legette or Troy Franklin.

Even a pairing like Samuel and Legette is an upgrade from Toney/Hardman and Valdes-Scantling
(and potentially a major one, depending on how Legette hits). Get better/more dangerous at the Z spot. Get better/more dangerous at the outside/deep threat spot.

Profit.
Then we're in 100% agreement.

I don't want to chase speed just for the sake of chasing speed. Give me a well rounded guy that can run, not a one trick pony deep threat.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:00 PM 03-12-2024
Still plenty cheaper deep threat options out there

Quez Watkins, Parris Campbell, DJ Chark

let these other teams keep trying to assemble Pro Bowl rosters....it rarely works out
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:02 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think there are diminishing returns.

You need one. Even if its a fast guy who's just fast, you have to have a guy on the roster who's a threat to run a vert and cause havoc. It's just something opposing DCs will have to keep in mind.

And in my perfect world we have 2 of them to run 11 personnel and really get into those deep outs and crossers that hurt the Cover 2. But as you've noted, that's not the ONLY way to do it (just the way I prefer).

Do you need 2 fast guys to score points and win football games? Nah. But I do think you need 1.
No doubt. But spending a R1 on it?

Nah. Unless the guy is a all around solid WR *and* can run like a deer.

But miss me with these 5 foot nothing Hollywood Brown types.

That's why I love the Rice pick - has size, speed and is versatile AF. Not just a one trick pony.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:03 PM 03-12-2024
The guy that would have been perfect in this role and cheap?

Rasheed Shaheed. Shame he was a RFA.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:07 PM 03-12-2024
No doubt. But spending a R1 on it?

Nah. Unless the guy is a all around solid WR *and* can run like a deer.

But miss me with these 5 foot nothing Hollywood Brown types.

That's why I love the Rice pick - has size, speed and is versatile AF. Not just a one trick pony.
I feel the same way. Just not into Xavier Worthy in rd 1 for all the reasons you outlined
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 01:11 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
He's gonna be looking for a while....:-)

BREAKING: There is mutual interest between #Texans and Pro Bowl pass rusher Danielle Hunter.

Hunter is coming off a career year with 16 1/2 sacks and reportedly wants 30 MILLION DOLLARS per season.

(via @KPRC2) pic.twitter.com/zIkAYI5d7f

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 12, 2024

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:13 PM 03-12-2024
2 things that will surely happen…

1) Sneed will play in KC next year
2) We will be drafting a wide receiver (no splash WR signings)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:14 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
2 things that will surely happen…

1) Sneed will play in KC next year
2) We will be drafting a wide receiver (no splash WR signings)
I wouldn’t be so surely, Shirley
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:14 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
What is their cap situation they seem to just anybody and everyone, Simmons won’t be that cheap even in this safety market.
There's no such thing as a cap for the Eagles. They sign whoever they want.
[Reply]
wazu 01:17 PM 03-12-2024
Holy shit

#Vikings reportedly turned down a #Bengals trade offer of two 1st round picks and Tee Higgins for Justin Jefferson. Minnesota is however open to trading Jefferson for Joe Burrow.

— Kevin Grandheer (@NFLGrandheer) March 12, 2024

[Reply]
Page 161 of 365
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up