Nzoner's Game Room>***2024 NFL Free Agency***
JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 12:43 PM 03-12-2024
I accidentally put this in the wrong thread, but I wouldn't be mad if we could get Calais Campbell on a cheap one year deal. He managed 6.5 sacks last year and would be a good gap plugger next to Jones.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:43 PM 03-12-2024

The New England Patriots have a multi-year contract offer on the table for star wide receiver Calvin Ridley, per CBS.

Ridley is repped by
@DavidMulugheta.

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 12, 2024

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:45 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
eventually it’s not going to pan out…the offense this last year was not good…very fortunate to win. can’t keep going that way. Kelce has a few years left and then what?
Yeah. I mean, what we need is a process through which we might be able to select some players from the college ranks. Really we could use a handful like every year. If only there was something like that.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:45 PM 03-12-2024

BREAKING: The Philadelphia Eagles are working to get a multi-year deal with free agent safety Justin Simmons.

The deal is not done. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio wants Simmons.

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball)
March 12, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:46 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
He seems less than enthused about the possibility of going to New England.
[Reply]
In58men 12:47 PM 03-12-2024

����������������: The #Bears are signing free agent TE Gerald Everett, per @JFowlerESPN pic.twitter.com/jGWY0a0NUm

— JPAFootball (@jasrifootball) March 12, 2024

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:47 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well apart from Greg Roman, what offense doesn't?
lmao true...Depends on who we pick up in FA on who we draft, if it is Samuel, draft Worthy, if it's hollywood Brown or speedster, draft McConkey.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:47 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Not being combative, because I agree with most of this post.

But what is the fascination with trying to replace Tyreek?

We've shown we don't need that burner in this offense. Hell, I'm not sure this offense would support a burner anymore.

I feel like every guy that's advocated for around here is not much more than "small guy brbrbrbrbr go fast"
We still need someone that can stretch the field to keep safeties back occasionally and keep the defense honest.

It's the reason we kept running MVS out there all year despite 'dropsies'. His speed helped take attention away from other guys.

He's gone. We need to find a legit field stretcher to replace him.

Hopefully the next one can catch . . . .
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:48 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well apart from Greg Roman, what offense doesn't?
Right?

We've proven it's a luxury, not a necessity.

I'm all for fast guys, speed kills in this league.

But taking guys simply because they are fast is a recipe for disaster.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:50 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
We still need someone that can stretch the field to keep safeties back occasionally and keep the defense honest.

It's the reason we kept running MVS out there all year despite 'dropsies'. His speed helped take attention away from other guys.

He's gone. We need to find a legit field stretcher to replace him.

Hopefully the next one can catch . . . .
And I'm saying you don't have to spend a R1 pick to do it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:50 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
lmao true...Depends on who we pick up in FA on who we draft, if it is Samuel, draft Worthy, if it's hollywood Brown or speedster, draft McConkey.
My offseason dream has been Brown and McConkey, fwiw. I’ve loved the thought of that pairing with Mahomes, Rice, and Kelce.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:52 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Not being combative, because I agree with most of this post.

But what is the fascination with trying to replace Tyreek?

We've shown we don't need that burner in this offense. Hell, I'm not sure this offense would support a burner anymore.

I feel like every guy that's advocated for around here is not much more than "small guy brbrbrbrbr go fast"
The fascination isn't with replacing Tyreek. It's just with making sure there is credible deep speed to punish teams if they start coming up to compress the short and intermediate routes and strangle YAC.

The Raiders' gameplan was successful on Christmas Day for a variety of factors, but a key one was showing no respect for the deep ball in their gameplan... and then not being punished for that.

The offense worked better in the playoffs because they were able to hit Valdes-Scantling on shots when teams didn't respect KC deep.

He's gone, and no one on the current roster really fills that role. I'm good with bringing Hardman back but don't love relying on him in that role.

Get a more dangerous and respected deep threat than Valdes-Scantling was in 2023 (even 2022 Valdes-Scantling was respected, which is a key for why the offense was able to be so efficient and consistent) and the space underneath for Rice and Kelce will be much greater.

And it doesn't have to be a small fast guy like Marquise Brown or Xavier Worthy or Roman Wilson. It can be a bigger fast guy like Xaiver Legette or Troy Franklin.

Even a pairing like Samuel and Legette is an upgrade from Toney/Hardman and Valdes-Scantling (and potentially a major one, depending on how Legette hits). Get better/more dangerous at the Z spot. Get better/more dangerous at the outside/deep threat spot.

Profit.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:52 PM 03-12-2024
Drew Lock is a Giant…
[Reply]
In58men 12:53 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Drew Lock is a Giant…
3 hours ago
[Reply]
Monticore 12:54 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
What is their cap situation they seem to just anybody and everyone, Simmons won’t be that cheap even in this safety market.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 365
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up