ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 24
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
SAUTO 11:43 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That would be my preference as well. We can add good talent in rounds 2-4 and avoid the big 1st round contracts at the same time...
If the meat is 3 4 and 5 why would you trade multiple of those picks for one? That line of thinking makes no sense
[Reply]
ct 01:36 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Interesting notes from the MMQB by Peter King:

Originally Posted by :
2. Philadelphia—Connor Williams, G-T, Texas

But I think the Eagles are much more likely to deal this pick; I just don’t know to whom.They’re seeking a trade—that I can tell you. Philadelphia has no pick in rounds two or three, and the Eagles don’t pick until the end of round four. So as of now, they go from 33 to 129 without a pick. That’s why they’ll be trying to deal all night Thursday. If they stick … The Eagles have a 35-year-old left tackle, Jason Peters, coming off major injury, and starting guards (Stefan Wisniewski and Brandon Brooks) who will be 29 this season. Connor’s the perfect pick for them, in the unlikely event they stick.
Originally Posted by :
There will be some trades in this draft that might seem one-sided. Several team officials told me in the past few days that they value Day 2 picks (rounds two and three) so highly that they’d be willing to take slightly less in compensation to move down. Where could this come into play? Cleveland (four), Indianapolis (six), Baltimore (16), Seattle (18), New England (23, 31), New Orleans (27), Philadelphia (32). “This is not your typical draft,” said one veteran club official Sunday. “The second, third and even fourth rounds are gold. You can take less than the trade-value chart says and still make a very good trade if you get multiple picks in those rounds.”
A trade with Philly makes too much sense seeing as how Veach used to work with everyone there. 2nd, first 3rd and a 6th sounds fair to me.
OR...

sit tight with the FIVE picks we have from 54-124 and enjoy the deep draft class.

I'd love to grab a blue chip CB too, but givin the way the board is shaping out, i lean towards sitting tight, and the MOST i do is move up 10-15 in the 2nd round, and only offer a 4th to do it.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:14 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by ct:
OR...

sit tight with the FIVE picks we have from 54-124 and enjoy the deep draft class.

I'd love to grab a blue chip CB too, but givin the way the board is shaping out, i lean towards sitting tight, and the MOST i do is move up 10-15 in the 2nd round, and only offer a 4th to do it.
I don’t think Veach wants to come out of this draft without an instant day 1 starter that he can really believe in at corner.

I’m thinking he wants one of the top 6. I’m going with Isaiah Oliver.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:15 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think Veach wants to come out of this draft without an instant day 1 starter that he can really believe in at corner.

I’m thinking he wants one of the top 6. I’m going with Isaiah Oliver.
Oliver passes the Dorsey prerequisites
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:17 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Oliver passes the Dorsey prerequisites
You've gotten to be fairly annoying with this shit
[Reply]
BossChief 09:27 AM 04-23-2018
I’m not packaging a ton of this years picks to move up, but I’d love to move this and next years 2s to get the 31 or 32 pick.

If Josh Jackson is there in the mid 20s, I’d throw in an extra pick to get high enough to take him.
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 04-23-2018
I don't see how they can not have to give up 54 to go up any. A team isn't gonna wanna drop that far.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:30 AM 04-23-2018
I didn’t trade up & ended up with this haul via the https://first-pick.com/Default.aspx website.

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 22: Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado

Round 3 Pick 14: Gaulden, Rashaan, FS, Tennessee

Round 3 Pick 22: Teller, Wyatt, OG, Virginia Tech

Round 4 Pick 22: Harris, Davontae, CB, Illinois State

Round 4 Pick 24: Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest

Round 6 Pick 25 (TENN): Ford, Poona, DT, Texas

Round 7 Pick 7 (MINN): Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech

Round 7 Pick 9 (S.F.): Jacobs, Leon, OLB, Wisconsin

Round 7 Pick 15: Jackson, JC, CB, Maryland

Round 7 Pick 22 (S.F.): Atkins, John, DT, Georgia

Round 7 Pick 25: Hassenauer, JC, C, Alabama

[Reply]
BossChief 10:38 AM 04-23-2018
I can’t put into words how foolish I think it is to always have the mentality to trade down in the draft because the “elite guys are in next years draft”

It makes my skin crawl.

There are elite players at positions of need for us IN THIS DRAFT.

We have a cost controlled QB with elite potential.

Load up the roster right now.
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 04-23-2018
More selections in the 4th round though, who gives a shit?

The difference in a 4/5 rounder and an UDFA is what, a few percent?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:42 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
More selections in the 4th round though, who gives a shit?

The difference in a 4/5 rounder and an UDFA is what, a few percent?

trade for a solid CB this season or an elite passrusher next season with more picks to spend that was aggregated from this draft.

and the other comment about extra picks

Tyreek, Bro

Tyreek
[Reply]
Shag 10:47 AM 04-23-2018
trade for a solid CB this season or an elite passrusher next season with more picks to spend that was aggregated from this draft.

Tyreek, Bro

Tyreek
:-)

If Tyreek is your reasoning, you're out of your mind. He had major character concerns, causing him to drop dramatically. Finding a gem late is very rare occurrence. One outlier does not reset the norm.

You're like the people who say drafting a QB high is a waste, because Brady was a 6th rounder.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:49 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Shag:
:-)

If Tyreek is your reasoning, you're out of your mind. He had major character concerns, causing him to drop dramatically. Finding a gem late is very rare occurrence. One outlier does not reset the norm.

You're like the people who say drafting a QB high is a waste, because Brady was a 6th rounder!
He asked I provided an answer, with the same FO practically intact
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 AM 04-23-2018

Tyreek, Bro

Tyreek
Where will this elite pass rusher be found next year? The 2nd round? Elite pass rushing prospects make it to the 2nd round?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:52 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Where will this elite pass rusher be found next year? The 2nd round? Elite pass rushing prospects make it to the 2nd round?
with a 1st at our disposal we could angle for a top 10 pick again.

Chris Jones is in that 2nd round elite category and was projected as a top 10 pick if stayed for another year
[Reply]
Page 16 of 24
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up