ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 59
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ellen Page is gay
Hammock Parties 01:02 AM 02-15-2014
Well, that's interesting.

http://gawker.com/ellen-page-comes-o...ium=socialflow

Actress Ellen Page publicly came out as gay Friday evening, while giving a speech at Time to THRIVE, a national LGBTQ youth conference held in Las Vegas.

"I'm here today because I am gay," Page told the assembled crowd, which responded with a standing ovation and a long chorus of cheers.

"Whoo!" said Page, before continuing:

Originally Posted by :

"And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.

I also do it selfishly because I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered, and my relationships suffered. And I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of that pain."
Page is most famous for becoming pregnant by her awkward classmate Michael Cera, and for invading the dreams of a stranger alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, neither of which happened in real life, because she is an actress.

After her speech, the Human Rights Campaign, which organized the conference, congratulated Page on the front page of its website for "her brave decision to live openly and authentically."
[Reply]
Donger 06:36 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Or Victor Garber

He went down on the Titanic.
[Reply]
Donger 06:37 PM 02-15-2014
I've been trying to come up with my 'ideal' for a sexuality role model, and it hit me that I really dig how Jim Parsons carries himself.
He makes no secret of his homosexuality, he's thanked his partner profusely and eloquently in each of his Emmy wins, but he doesn't hold press conferences or pontificate on sexual politics to any and everyone who will listen.

I didn't know that he was homosexual. That's the guy from Big Bang Theory, right?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:39 PM 02-15-2014
I've been trying to come up with my 'ideal' for a sexuality role model, and it hit me that I really dig how Jim Parsons carries himself.
He makes no secret of his homosexuality, he's thanked his partner profusely and eloquently in each of his Emmy wins, but he doesn't hold press conferences or pontificate on sexual politics to any and everyone who will listen.
Jodie Foster kept it on the QT for most of her life.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:45 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
About 3% of the population identifies with being gay. Not 5-10%.
So it's probably 5-10% then?
[Reply]
KcMizzou 06:51 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
I didn't know that he was homosexual. That's the guy from Big Bang Theory, right?
Really?
[Reply]
Donger 06:57 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Really?
No, I had no idea. Love his character, though.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:00 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
So it's probably 5-10% then?
No, it's 1%-3%

The 10% myth came from Kinsey's fraudulent work.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:05 PM 02-15-2014
About 3% of the population identifies with being gay. Not 5-10%.
Whatever it is. The lower 1-3% number further supports my assertion, actually.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:10 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by PGM:
Nah the ambiguous gay beaker duo of wicked and bitch have him by a nose
Prison Bitch is a completely different kind of stupid from Wickedson. Those two aren't a couple at all.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:14 PM 02-15-2014

Or Victor Garber

See, that's what I have problems with. Jim Parsons is outwardly gay enough in his personality. This isn't like Neil Patrick Harris or anything. And for those types of gay people, there's not all this pressure for people to think you're something that you are not.

In the 70s and 80s if coming out of the closet were as acceptable as it is now, I don't think Paul Lynde or Charles Nelson Reilly would make public statements about their sexuality. Why should they?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:23 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
No, it's 1%-3%

The 10% myth came from Kinsey's fraudulent work.
Prison Bitch said 1-3% identify as gay but does that account for those that are homosexual but don't identify as such?
[Reply]
KcMizzou 07:29 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by SNR:
See, that's what I have problems with. Jim Parsons is outwardly gay enough in his personality. This isn't like Neil Patrick Harris or anything. And for those types of gay people, there's not all this pressure for people to think you're something that you are not.

In the 70s and 80s if coming out of the closet were as acceptable as it is now, I don't think Paul Lynde or Charles Nelson Reilly would make public statements about their sexuality. Why should they?
NPH frequently plays a poon hound, but he's never hidden his sexuality as far as I know. I mean, that's kinda the joke.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:29 PM 02-15-2014
So if a guy was suffering from micro penis and comes out about it, everyone should talk about what a hero he is?

Nonsense. Just nonsense.
How many people have been beaten to death over having a micropenis?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:31 PM 02-15-2014
Jim Parsons is gay? I had no idea. But then again I guess I've only seen him once out of character, and that was only for a couple of minutes during a channel-switching binge.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:34 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
And I'm aware that is being done. Pushing the approval of homosexuality is part of the public school curriculum.
:-) @ the subtextual dissatisfaction, especially using "pushing."
[Reply]
Page 16 of 59
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up