ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 38
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tornado Watch for the Kansas City Area
TLO 10:27 AM 04-17-2013
Lot of potential for severe weather today. Everyone be careful out there.
[Reply]
zigbazah 07:10 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by tk13:
The storm chasers have been harping on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday for over a week. While I'm sure the ratings boost is legit, today wasn't some fabricated thing. And it sounds like there's a pretty ugly tornado tearing through northern Arkansas at the moment.
There's a difference between the national media covering a huge tornado on the ground that's destroying towns, and local stations, while there's no tornado warning, interrupting programming an hour to cover scary looking clouds.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:20 PM 04-27-2014
According to a friend that lives down there, there's a fatality involving that Little Rock tornado.
[Reply]
tk13 07:26 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by zigbazah:
There's a difference between the national media covering a huge tornado on the ground that's destroying towns, and local stations, while there's no tornado warning, interrupting programming an hour to cover scary looking clouds.
Come on, I'm not an idiot. I get that, but when there's a rotating storm that's just how it's going to be. It's amazing to me people who live in the middle of tornado alley don't understand it. Just look at the video of the Joplin tornado. It went from "scary looking clouds" to a mile wide in like a minute. Of course there will be times it doesn't turn into anything... but if it does and the local station goes back to Oprah, people will be outraged too. It's an impossible situation.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:29 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
is Busby gay?
No!
[Reply]
TLO 07:32 PM 04-27-2014
We just got put back in a moderate risk? Why?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:37 PM 04-27-2014
That Little Rock storm seems headed right for Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
[Reply]
Coach 07:42 PM 04-27-2014
Online feed of a tornado north/northeast of Little Rock.

http://www.kait8.com/story/20194883/...ws-live-online
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:48 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by Coach:
Online feed of a tornado north/northeast of Little Rock.

http://www.kait8.com/story/20194883/...ws-live-online
Turned it on just in time to see them lose power.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:50 PM 04-27-2014
That was one bad storm that hit near Appleton City. Damn. No desire to sit through that again. Thank God we didnt have a tornado like the folks in Ark. Lots of damage to farm buildings in the area but that can be repaired. Just a wow. Ugly day.
[Reply]
Coach 08:00 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Turned it on just in time to see them lose power.
Yeah, they're operating off by their back-up radar, since the power apparently screwed em up.
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:47 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
No tornado in Joplin. Went just to our north.
Smacked the shit out of quapaw and Baxter though. Friends in Baxter are alright but house is shot. Daughter and grandbaby live in Sarcoxie so there were a few tense moments before (what I attribute to a miraculous answer to my prayers) it suddenly shifted due north on the west side of town.

Hopefully all you and yours are safe and sound. Maybe the Salvation Army can help those affected by releasing the other 3.8 million dollars collected for the Joplin tornado.
[Reply]
FishingRod 09:19 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by Dick Bull:
Smacked the shit out of quapaw and Baxter though. Friends in Baxter are alright but house is shot. Daughter and grandbaby live in Sarcoxie so there were a few tense moments before (what I attribute to a miraculous answer to my prayers) it suddenly shifted due north on the west side of town.

Hopefully all you and yours are safe and sound. Maybe the Salvation Army can help those affected by releasing the other 3.8 million dollars collected for the Joplin tornado.
I have a place at Grand lake. Would have been driving home through Quapa and Baxter today but stayed home this weekend for a party that ended up being canceled. Glad your people are ok. Some good pictures and videos on Facebook.
[Reply]
J Diddy 11:33 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by FishingRod:
I have a place at Grand lake. Would have been driving home through Quapa and Baxter today but stayed home this weekend for a party that ended up being canceled. Glad your people are ok. Some good pictures and videos on Facebook.
Oddly enough my grandma now lives in Grove as a result of the Joplin tornado destroying her house. I called her tonight and all she could focus on was the chance of a bad storm. (91 year old woman who, as best as I could tell, hasn't been scared of anything) Broke my heart.

I'm glad that you didn't take that ride home and are safe. It's odd the little moments that make such a huge difference. For example, in the Joplin tornado I was sick. Wound up being an hour late for work and leaving 3 hours early. Had I been feeling good that day and all went as planned I would have been traveling the same roads at the exact same time as it hit.
[Reply]
Fairplay 03:39 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
is Busby gay?

Busby and Gary Lezak
[Reply]
NewChief 08:00 AM 04-28-2014
Sixteen confirmed dead (and counting) on the "Little Rock" tornado. Vilonia and Mayflower, two towns within spitting distance of my hometown of Conway were both devastated.

Vilonia got leveled 3 years ago by a tornado.
Mayflower was the town where the big oil spill happened a couple of years ago that destroyed Lake Conway.

These folks can't catch a break. All my family members in the area are fine, but I haven't started hearing reports on names, yet. Will likely know some of the deceased and definitely a lot of the displaced.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 38
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up