ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 82
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:58 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Griff's Hamburgers is another place that is all but extinct.

I think there is still a Griff's in Sedalia...
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:58 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by mmaddog:
Anyone in KC remember a place that was on the hill overlooking the bottoms area called Baby Doe's? It was supposedly a restaurant that was once a working mine (that was the story they told you even though it wasn't true).

mmaddog
Yep, and I think they had to close it because the structure was unstable (or the ground it was built on was anyway). There's one in Dallas and it also is on the side of a bluff. i ate there a couple of years ago when there on business.

It was called Baby Does Matchless Mine.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:59 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I grew up in Raytown during the '60's so I remember....

Smak's, King's(you ordered over the phone in your booth...pretty cool) & of course Funhouse Pizza.
I thought I remembered a Kings in Raytown. The Cheese Frenchee rocked!
[Reply]
boogblaster 10:09 PM 11-02-2006
Used to be this place in Howard Ks. called Fred's.."ole Freddie" sat there behind the counter and cooked your burger and fries fresh..standing room only,with 2 booths..used to trade him home-grown for burgers......
[Reply]
redbrian 10:14 PM 11-02-2006
Great place in Springfield MO was Red's out west of town on the mother road. Had one of the first drive up window's in the country.

Made his own soda, a Red's burger and home made root beer was a killer meal.
[Reply]
RJ 11:12 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by AZChiefFan:
I remember a place that had a Paul Bunyon outside. Don't remember what area in KC it was. But this would've been over 30 years ago.

Yes, over 30 years. My memory of this place would be about 1968. It was near a grocery called Milgrims......are those still there?

Anyway, I confirmed with my mom that Paul Bunyan's was the name and there was indeed a Paul Bunyan statue involved.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:43 PM 11-02-2006
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Are you sure it wasn't a chef and when you pushed the button it talked?
You're thinking of Happy Chef.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:17 AM 11-03-2006
Shakees Pizza and also BIG BOY with the two-story talking statue. That was the coolest-I love that place.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:17 AM 11-03-2006
Grandees was pretty good too.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:34 PM 01-18-2007
V's I forgot about V's. Is it still around?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:41 PM 01-18-2007
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Annes Sante Fe.
Always wondered what happened to it... we went to the one at Bannister Mall a lot when I was a kid and Bannister Mall was cool.

I worked at the Stephenson's north of the river in high school, just before it closed... we always went to the one in Jane, MO when on vacation down that way, too.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:13 PM 01-18-2007
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
V's I forgot about V's. Is it still around?
Yep still on 40, their frozen stuff at the store is pretty good.
[Reply]
CosmicPal 10:17 PM 01-18-2007
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Shakees Pizza
Good lord, that brings back memories!!! I used to love their long wooden benches and as a kid, we used to watch the guys throwing the dough in the air while making pizzas. I remember the lighted display of the smiling fat dude in the red/white bib holding up a plate of pizza. Oh man, Shakee's!!! I thinking I'm crying now....
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:17 PM 01-18-2007
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Always wondered what happened to it... we went to the one at Bannister Mall a lot when I was a kid and Bannister Mall was cool.

I worked at the Stephenson's north of the river in high school, just before it closed... we always went to the one in Jane, MO when on vacation down that way, too.
Funny I used to go to the one at Bann. Mall as a kid. It was really good.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:18 PM 01-18-2007
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep still on 40, their frozen stuff at the store is pretty good.
wow. Been open a while!
[Reply]
Page 16 of 82
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up