ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 29
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The logic of drafting OT in the 1st.
DaneMcCloud 04:08 PM 02-04-2021
https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2...ew-mirror.html

Super Bowl 2021: Kansas City’s Mike Remmers looks to place disastrous day in Super Bowl 50 in rear-view mirror

Mike Remmers’ first and only Super Bowl appearance didn’t go very well for him or his team. The Kansas City tackle will get an opportunity to erase that bad memory on Sunday. Remmers was an offensive tackle for the Carolina Panthers when they faced the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50. Remmers had an awful day during the Panthers’ 24-10 loss to the Broncos.

The former Jesuit High School and Oregon State star allowed seven quarterback hurries and three of Carolina’s six sacks game, according to Pro Football Focus. Broncos’ linebacker Von Miller twice beat Remmers around the edge to strip-sack quarterback Cam Newton of the ball.

This was when Remmers was only 26 years old yet some of you guys advocate for him to start at Left Tackle for an entire season at age 32?

Yeah, we'll need to agree to disagree on that one.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:10 PM 02-04-2021
Nobody on that Bucs defense is close to prime Von Miller.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:15 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Nobody on that Bucs defense is close to prime Von Miller.
I sure as hell hope not.

Shaq Barrett was a monster last year and definitely cooled off this season. But I'm still concerned about Remmers when they're matched up because he just doesn't have the athleticism to keep up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:18 PM 02-04-2021
Back to the OP, I'm not opposed to taking an OT at #32.

IF it's the right guy. Like I said, I took Eichenberg in my latest mock and I think it gives the line some versatility because he could realistically play RT day 1 and possibly LT if needed.

I just can't see taking a project or a guy that's more likely to play guard in the first round. If you're going to take an offensive lineman that high, he almost HAS to be an offensive tackle because that's where we have the biggest need.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:50 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Back to the OP, I'm not opposed to taking an OT at #32.

IF it's the right guy. Like I said, I took Eichenberg in my latest mock and I think it gives the line some versatility because he could realistically play RT day 1 and possibly LT if needed.

I just can't see taking a project or a guy that's more likely to play guard in the first round. If you're going to take an offensive lineman that high, he almost HAS to be an offensive tackle because that's where we have the biggest need.
This. You also don't take a lineman just to take a lineman. It has to be a guy they legitimately like. It's why Bench/Read are so good at the draft.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:52 PM 02-04-2021
After watching the Chiefs use RB/TE to chip against the Bills, I'm not too worried about Remmers for this game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:45 PM 02-04-2021
Could Veach zig when everyone expects him to zag? What about CB in the first? Breeland could be gone. Baker is coming off of an injury. Keyes is an unknown.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 02:29 AM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Could Veach zig when everyone expects him to zag? What about CB in the first? Breeland could be gone. Baker is coming off of an injury. Keyes is an unknown.
Any position except QB is viable with our first IMO.....
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 AM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Any position except QB is viable with our first IMO.....
But not valuable.

There's no reason to take any one of several positions either because they have little positional value or they don't have the depth of prospects.

The Chiefs would be smart to take a DE, DB, WR, or OT with the 32nd pick. Those are the positions that have both depth and positional value.

OG has some depth but less positional value. DT has positional value but little depth. LB has neither.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:22 AM 02-05-2021
But not valuable.

There's no reason to take any one of several positions either because they have little positional value or they don't have the depth of prospects.

The Chiefs would be smart to take a DE, DB, WR, or OT with the 32nd pick. Those are the positions that have both depth and positional value.

OG has some depth but less positional value. DT has positional value but little depth. LB has neither.
This is an offense driven league now...and the Chiefs have, what looks like, the best QB in modern history.

Play to your strengths...you keep hearing..."they just have too many weapons" or "you cant cover them all"...shit, I'd drum up that advantage to the next level. It's got them to back-to-back Superbowls...

Keep stockpiling elite offensive skill positions...one every other draft in the first two rounds.

Who was the WR that KC just picked up off the scrap heap...the one drafted by the Browns? That guy flashed some talent but has some issues...wonder if watching how the Chiefs operate from arm's distance will set his shit straight.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This is an offense driven league now...and the Chiefs have, what looks like, the best QB in modern history.

Play to your strengths...you keep hearing..."they just have too many weapons" or "you cant cover them all"...shit, I'd drum up that advantage to the next level. It's got them to back-to-back Superbowls...

Keep stockpiling elite offensive skill positions...one every other draft in the first two rounds.

Who was the WR that KC just picked up off the scrap heap...the one drafted by the Browns? That guy flashed some talent but has some issues...wonder if watching how the Chiefs operate from arm's distance will set his shit straight.
Yep. Just keep drafting playmakers.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 11:05 PM 02-05-2021
But not valuable.

I don't completely disagree with you. It's likely that all the players mentioned in this thread won't be there by the time we pick. I'm just saying I wouldn't be like "Wtf?! He better be good!" If we selected any position at 32 (except RB even though I would like to get one in this draft). Hell 32 is basically a second Rd pick. I think you're OVERVALUING it a little bit. Its more of a BPA than team needs spot cause at 32 your lucky if a player falls to you that meets both criteria

Not to mention this team will be coming off two Super Bowls with key players locked up and tons of solid contributors. Just pick the best players and keep rolling. It doesn't have to be an exact science this year. I personally can't wait
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 PM 02-05-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
I don't completely disagree with you. It's likely that all the players mentioned in this thread won't be there by the time we pick. I'm just saying I wouldn't be like "Wtf?! He better be good!" If we selected any position at 32 (except RB even though I would like to get one in this draft). Hell 32 is basically a second Rd pick. I think you're OVERVALUING it a little bit. Its more of a BPA than team needs spot cause at 32 your lucky if a player falls to you that meets both criteria

Not to mention this team will be coming off two Super Bowls with key players locked up and tons of solid contributors. Just pick the best players and keep rolling. It doesn't have to be an exact science this year. I personally can't wait
Well, for one, a 1st round pick - even #32 - comes with 5 years of control rather than 4. That's an important thing if you should happen to find a big time player.

Second, we don't have key players locked up. More than half of the offensive line, starters and backups, are free agents either this year or next. He have 2 WR's in the top 4 that are FA's this year. Breeland will be a FA. The entire right end of the defensive line is comprised of guys who will be FA's. Not all key players are locked up.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:23 PM 02-04-2021
I, for one, am not game to see Rankin at LT for more than a game or two if absolutely needed. Coaching or no coaching in Texas, he was beyond atrocious.
I'd put alot more stock into the prospect of Niang sliding there for a season than Rankin taking the spot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:26 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I, for one, am not game to see Rankin at LT for more than a game or two if absolutely needed. Coaching or no coaching in Texas, he was beyond atrocious.
For the record, you've just described nearly everyone that's played for the Texans in the past 3 to 5 years.

If he was awful, the Chiefs would have cut him by now.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 29
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up