ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:04 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by dls6501:
What he did on another team couldnt possibly be less relevant. Dont know why you continue to harp on that.
Especially when we've seen guys like Ajayi and Drake go to different teams and immediately crush it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:08 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by dls6501:
What he did on another team couldnt possibly be less relevant. Dont know why you continue to harp on that.
Hahaha, okay, I'm sure you're right.
[Reply]
TEX 05:44 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Damien ran behind a helathy Chiefs OL in the first game against the Jags and averaged 1.7 yards/carry, IIRC. He ran behind a relatively healthy OL for the next two games (excluding Fisher)with the same results.

On the other hand, Shady with the same number of carries, OL and situations, ran for an average of 5.4 yards/carry.

The same "not in his prime" Shady, the guy everyone said was too old, couldn't run anymore, etc. and so on, more than doubled Damien's production in the same situations.
Including game altering fumbles. :-)

If you're gonna count the rest, you got to count them also.

FWIW, I hear what you're saying.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:54 PM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Including game altering fumbles. :-)

If you're gonna count the rest, you got to count them also.
By Shady I assume? I guess we aren't going to include the fumbles by Damien?

Whatever. With the fumbles Shady has been the more productive back with a similar number of carries so far this season. Those are just the facts.

I went on the record before the season started having high hopes for Damien this season. But the facts are what they are: DW massively under-performed in every game he's played in this season except last night's. And the reality is that he ran for literally 2 yards/carry 11 times and once for 91 yards.

If we were talking about any RB at any level from HS to the pros, if you were a coach, why would you try to give a guy 20 rushes/game if he runs for less than 2 yards/carry for half a season?

You wouldn't, period.

I hope he runs a lot better for the balance of the season, I really do. He's the fastest of the RBs we have, and in certain situations he can be a real difference maker.

But he's going to have to consistently run for at least the League average for the remainder of the season, which is almost twice what he's been doing, and almost a full yard better than his career average. Hopefully he can make that happen somehow.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:38 PM 11-10-2019

Chiefs RB Damian Williams hasn’t moved since we got into the locker room. Still fully in pads and staring straight ahead.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) November 10, 2019

[Reply]
Megatron96 09:04 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! FIRE HIM!!! SOB COST US THE GAME!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

WHERE'S THE NEAREST "SAFE SPACE"???

Seriously, he actually had a decent day. 19 for 77 yards, about 4 yards/carry. Still not Shady level, but serviceable.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 09:11 PM 11-10-2019
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! FIRE HIM!!! SOB COST US THE GAME!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

WHERE'S THE NEAREST "SAFE SPACE"???
He did not cost us the game. Was the turnover bad? Yes....but despite that, we had a lead with 1:43 to go and the defense bent over and let us get fucked.

No matter how many points we scored today, the defense was hell bent on giving up more.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:14 PM 11-10-2019
I just want to get through a goddamn game where KC has momentum and doesn't fumble it away.

It's been a real team effort even though McCoy has been the only person criticized for it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:18 PM 11-10-2019
Williams is JAG. Nothing special at all. Just a cheap RB.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:18 PM 11-10-2019
By Shady I assume? I guess we aren't going to include the fumbles by Damien?

Whatever. With the fumbles Shady has been the more productive back with a similar number of carries so far this season. Those are just the facts.

I went on the record before the season started having high hopes for Damien this season. But the facts are what they are: DW massively under-performed in every game he's played in this season except last night's. And the reality is that he ran for literally 2 yards/carry 11 times and once for 91 yards.
I was wondering if anyone would bring that up.

Haven't been impressed by him at all. He's a JAG, has no moves, does nothing special, just a guy who can follow the playbook and who doesn't scare anybody.
I was pissed as hell at McCoy for the fumbles but damn, at this point I'd rather see him in there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:33 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
He did not cost us the game. Was the turnover bad? Yes....but despite that, we had a lead with 1:43 to go and the defense bent over and let us get ****ed.

No matter how many points we scored today, the defense was hell bent on giving up more.
If we're going to throw blame at Andy/Spags/Watkins/Colquitt/the defense/whoever, then I'm sorry, but Damien should get his fair share. He fumbled, they scooped and scored. Without that TD, we win, period. We shouldn't care if he doubled his yards/carry production. Or that he converted at least three 1st downs. Or any of the other positive things that he did.

He dropped the fucking ball on the deck and cost us the game.

DIE OF KOOL-AIDS, YOU BASTARDO!!!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:51 PM 11-10-2019
We have a soft offensive line. We cannot run block when we need to run block.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:52 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
We have a soft offensive line. We cannot run block when we need to run block.
Big shock. They're missing 3 starters aren't they?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:54 PM 11-10-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Big shock. They're missing 3 starters aren't they?
Shouldn't matter. If we could only have one offensive lineman on the field, Damien should still be able to run behind that guy. If he can't, then that lineman is FUCKING SOFT.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:57 PM 11-10-2019
Derrick Henry.

2020 UFA.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up