ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 74
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:52 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
They can now throw you in jail for saying things like this in San Antonio.

with that said....

for 20 dolla me luv you lawn tine
Whoa what?

Jokes are no reason to go to jail.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 02:53 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That is a really shitty comparison, if you have a car accident are you just going to crash into everyone you see for the next week?
Originally Posted by notorious:
Is Tonka an Asian woman?
:-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:53 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
:-)

In addition, one of those individuals in New York — a man in New Rochelle just north of the city — happened to be what is called a superspreader; for whatever reason, whether immunological, social or biological, a superspreader can infect many more people than expected for a particular pathogen. In fact, the virus was passed from this New Rochelle man to more than 100 others, said George Rutherford, professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).

"New York had multiple, multiple, multiple introductions from Europe and also had the misfortune to have a superspreader at the beginning," said Rutherford, noting that "superspreader" is not a pejorative term and simply refers to the super-spreading phenomenon.
How many of the 100 people this superspreader infected died? I could give two shits about the number of people infected. In fact, I want that number to be high as long as the majority of those being infected aren't part of the population that is at a high risk of dying from the virus. We will never get close to herd immunity until there is either a vaccine (which may never come to fuition) or enough people get infected and recover. Trying to keep the number of people infected low is just stupid.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:54 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I decided it wasn't worth the battle. You didn't mention it until long after the discussion began, but you did indeed mention it.
Lol wow you’re so full of shit. Why did I need to mention it before? You were the one that started the conversation about fans when nobody was arguing against it.

Most people like myself who fine the idea of there being no football months from now ridiculous, are reasonable enough to understand that it would likely have to be without fans.
[Reply]
Donger 02:55 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
How many of the 100 people this superspreader infected died? I could give two shits about the number of people infected. In fact, I want that number to be high as long as the majority of those being infected aren't part of the population that is at a high risk of dying from the virus. We will never get close to herd immunity until there is either a vaccine (which may never come to fuition) or enough people get infected and recover. Trying to keep the number of people infected low is just stupid.
Ah, a "herder." Carry on.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:55 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And if there is never a vaccine developed, then what?

Also the economic impact of no fans for a place like Green Bay or even in KC with all the local businesses that are impacted by a home football weekend would be nothing short of catastrophic.
If there is literally never a vaccine developed, then you're right that we're largely prolonging the inevitable. I think it's a little silly to go right to that assumption after only 3 months of the world working on it, though.

And yeah, the economic impact sucks. I live in a state with an economy driven by oil, gas, and tourism. And it doesn't really matter what restrictions are in place - those are all going to be awful in the next year. It is what it is.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:55 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Dumb****s who believe everything media and govt tell them and infect more idiots with it
Hate breeds in fear?
[Reply]
tk13 02:55 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
What safety net is there to hide behind now?
Well, things like unemployment, small business help, things like that.

You open everything back up, it'll be a lot easier to deny people these things. I mean, there are people who think Georgia re-opened to head off the massive amount of unemployment claims. Puts the onus back on the businesses and the workers.

Same thing with businesses really. At least now they have an excuse to be shut down. Once they re-open and business isn't what it was, there's going to be some hard choices to make.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:55 PM 05-11-2020
Maybe that's where we see things differently. I think it's highly likely that we'll have improved treatments and a vaccine in the next year or so, so I don't agree that everyone's going to be infected. Therefore, from my view, taking reasonable steps (like not filling NFL stadiums with fans) makes sense to keep the fatalities as low as possible until those treatments can help.
What makes you think we will ever have an effective vaccine?
[Reply]
DaFace 02:56 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol wow you’re so full of shit. Why did I need to mention it before? You were the one that started the conversation about fans when nobody was arguing against it.

Most people like myself who fine the idea of there being no football months from now ridiculous, are reasonable enough to understand that it would likely have to be without fans.
Nobody? You might want to read the thread again.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 05-11-2020
Nobody? You might want to read the thread again.
Well I wasn’t, yet you assumed I was and you’re basically saying I should’ve said that I wasn’t sooner. Why? Dumbass.
[Reply]
O.city 02:57 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Well, things like unemployment, small business help, things like that.

You open everything back up, it'll be a lot easier to deny people these things. I mean, there are people who think Georgia re-opened to head off the massive amount of unemployment claims. Puts the onus back on the businesses and the workers.

Same thing with businesses really. At least now they have an excuse to be shut down. Once they re-open and business isn't what it was, there's going to be some hard choices to make.
That was made the case when they did all the stimulus stuff. Unless they're planning to do it again or do more, i'm not sure what the options are.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:58 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Ah, a "herder." Carry on.
Yep, waiting for a vaccine that in all likelihood is never coming is foolish.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:58 PM 05-11-2020
If there is literally never a vaccine developed, then you're right that we're largely prolonging the inevitable. I think it's a little silly to go right to that assumption after only 3 months of the world working on it, though.

And yeah, the economic impact sucks. I live in a state with an economy driven by oil, gas, and tourism. And it doesn't really matter what restrictions are in place - those are all going to be awful in the next year. It is what it is.
O&G Will be booming after next hot war start up no problem
[Reply]
DaFace 02:58 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
What makes you think we will ever have an effective vaccine?
There's a lot of evidence that the virus is "susceptible" to a vaccine given its "spike protein" and that it isn't mutating very quickly. Combine that with an unprecedented level of worldwide research being aimed at it, and it's a good recipe for success, albeit without guarantees.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 74
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up