ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 52
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:23 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Veach hasn’t learned a thing.

Way too much for a guy with a nickname. Yes, Mathieu is a good player, but not great. HE CANNOT PLAY SINGLE HIGH.

God I hope Spags knows how to deploy this man, because he needs to be the Defensive MVP of the team with that investment.
I'm sure Veach made the decision all by himself with ZERO input from the coaches.
RunKC 06:17 PM 03-11-2019
His contract is very similar to Watkins in length and overall money.

I bet his cap hit is $6.8 million this season, which would still give us a little over 1$16 million.
Mulliganman 06:55 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
His contract is very similar to Watkins in length and overall money.

I bet his cap hit is $6.8 million this season, which would still give us a little over 1$16 million.
Anyone confirm what the cap hit is for this year? Just wondering where we currently stand
Iconic 06:18 PM 03-11-2019
The draft class is so stacked this year at S you could have found guys with much higher ceilings than him in the second round. This is a stupid move that reeks of desperation, there's a reason it was announced AFTER the Collins deal. 14m per is ****ing unreal for a guy who's only two healthy seasons have come in contract years. The dude isn't some magical ball hawk he's averaging something like 2 picks a season lmao.

I get it improved our defense, and that's great. But it's also frustrating seeing us piss away cap space so recklessly.
chiefzilla1501 06:23 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
The draft class is so stacked this year at S you could have found guys with much higher ceilings than him in the second round. This is a stupid move that reeks of desperation, there's a reason it was announced AFTER the Collins deal. 14m per is ****ing unreal for a guy who's only two healthy seasons have come in contract years. The dude isn't some magical ball hawk he's averaging something like 2 picks a season lmao.

I get it improved our defense, and that's great. But it's also frustrating seeing us piss away cap space so recklessly.
He isn't here as THE answer. He's here as a stopgap. You can still draft a Safety, find a big role for that rookie safety, and get a ton of production out of Mathieu at the same time. We are overpaying for players the next 2-3 years so we have the flexibility to jump ship if we need to. The cap the next 2 years doesn't matter that much as long as we build in the flexibility to open it up for Mahomes when we need it. We're doing that.
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:28 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He isn't here as THE answer. He's here as a stopgap. You can still draft a Safety, find a big role for that rookie safety, and get a ton of production out of Mathieu at the same time. We are overpaying for players the next 2-3 years so we have the flexibility to jump ship if we need to. The cap the next 2 years doesn't matter that much as long as we build in the flexibility to open it up for Mahomes when we need it. We're doing that.
Exactly. WTF is wrong with these people? Do they think we're going to hang on to Berry or something? And what makes them think that HB is coming in to play FS/SH?

From what I've seen, this guy is the exact opposite of the Turd Parade we've been trotting out at Safety for two seasons. Do these idiots want Ron Parker and a rookie? Yeah, no thanks.

Now, get me a solid, Vet CB on the cheap to go with my draft pick along with a Safety and a Omenihu, and I'm all good.
mcaj22 06:31 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Exactly. WTF is wrong with these people? Do they think we're going to hang on to Berry or something? And what makes them think that HB is coming in to play FS/SH?

From what I've seen, this guy is the exact opposite of the Turd Parade we've been trotting out at Safety for two seasons. Do these idiots want Ron Parker and a rookie? Yeah, no thanks.

Now, get me a solid, Vet CB on the cheap to go with my draft pick along with a Safety and a Omenihu, and I'm all good.
you're not interested in any 4-3 Linebackers? What do the Chiefs have at LBer right now that can play in a 4-3... Hitchens? DOD (unproven but hyped) and...? I don't think there's another 4-3 LBer they can trust on this roster besides those two? Reggie Ragland? LOL he's horrible. That undersized white guy everyone loves around here? What's his name again? Weston Dressler?
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:39 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
you're not interested in any 4-3 Linebackers? What do the Chiefs have at LBer right now that can play in a 4-3... Hitchens? DOD (unproven but hyped) and...? I don't think there's another 4-3 LBer they can trust on this roster besides those two? Reggie Ragland? LOL he's horrible. That undersized white guy everyone loves around here? What's his name again? Weston Dressler?
I've addressed three spots with my picks. And you can count on on C or G coming in to play with one of the others. And, don't be surprised if they pick up a TE in this draft as well.

That's 5 picks. Where does your LB come in?
RealSNR 09:59 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

Lol what? We're not asking him to be a ball hawk.
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:03 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Uncle SNR,

Why do retards keep acting like we acquired Mathieu to play FS/SH?

Thanks!

Sweets
RealSNR 10:13 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Uncle SNR,

Why do retards keep acting like we acquired Mathieu to play FS/SH?

Thanks!

Sweets
I once chatted with somebody on the night we drafted Mahomes (not a CP member) who was upset we took Pat because "Michael Vick-types never work out in the NFL."
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:15 PM 03-11-2019
I once chatted with somebody on the night we drafted Mahomes (not a CP member) who was upset we took Pat because "Michael Vick-types never work out in the NFL."

DenverChief 10:05 PM 03-11-2019
YEA, SOMEBODY DIDN'T WATCH THE HIGHLIGHT REEL....
htismaqe 11:32 PM 03-11-2019
What are they signing him for then? He was arguably worse in the box than he was in coverage last year.
BryanBusby 11:34 PM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What are they signing him for then? He was arguably worse in the box than he was in coverage last year.
Based off what?
Page 16 of 52
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up