ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
KCUnited 05:26 AM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, it's fucking baaaaaaaaaad.

The story takes forever to get going, the alien's backstory is unimaginative and lame and I swear, it looked like Pratt was about to burst out laughing before every line.

There's a good reason why schlock like this is direct to video/streaming. It would have been absolutely embarrassed at the box office.
:-)

That's exactly how he looked and who could blame him, especially the Yvonne Strahovski scenes. That was some B side soap opera acting.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:00 AM 07-07-2021
I never intended to watch it. Just didn't jump out to me as something I'd be interested in. But then.....

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My gal Yvonne Strahovski is in it too.
Hell yeah! Now I'll watch. Except......

Yeah, it's fucking baaaaaaaaaad.

The story takes forever to get going, the alien's backstory is unimaginative and lame and I swear, it looked like Pratt was about to burst out laughing before every line.

There's a good reason why schlock like this is direct to video/streaming. It would have been absolutely embarrassed at the box office.
Yea, going to stick with not going to watch it. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:10 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I never intended to watch it. Just didn't jump out to me as something I'd be interested in. But then.....

Hell yeah! Now I'll watch. Except......

Yea, going to stick with not going to watch it. :-)

[Reply]
Jerm 10:33 PM 07-01-2021
Just finished season 1 of The Boys…what a show lol.

On to season 2 now….
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:49 PM 07-01-2021
ZeroZeroZero was good...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8332438/
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:31 AM 07-03-2021
Pratt plays every scene in every movie like he’s about to laugh.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Pratt plays every scene in every movie like he’s about to laugh.
No shit, has anyone seen his movies before? He's not a great actor or he would have done meatier roles by now. He fits perfectly into non-serious popcorn movies.

Pre-covid, I would have never went to a movie theater to see this. Waited to see it on streaming. I'm at home on a Friday night with a big holiday weekend planned, this fit the bill.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:52 AM 07-03-2021
I liked the movie. It was a decent attempt at a unique idea with the time travel. The aliens were typical mindless monsters but they sort of had a throw away scene at the end to make it not as corny with us expecting these things to be mindless monsters also capable of space travel.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I liked the movie. It was a decent attempt at a unique idea with the time travel. The aliens were typical mindless monsters but they sort of had a throw away scene at the end to make it not as corny with us expecting these things to be mindless monsters also capable of space travel.
It was a combination of The Thing, Alien/Aliens, Edge of Tomorrow and every schlocky family drama. There was absolutely nothing original about the story and everything was completely and utterly predictable.

The score was an abomination. It’s wasn’t creepy when it needed to be creepy and it was pure crap during the action sequences. The opening and ending themes were completely forgettable.

Again, this would have absolutely bombed had it been released in theaters.

It’s cool that some you guys liked it but it wasn’t some kind of genre smashing, epic Sci-Fi adventure, it was slightly above the SyFy Channel.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:29 PM 08-13-2021
I finally sat down and watched Tomorrow War. I actually enjoyed it and I think this is the reason why:

It was a combination of The Thing, Alien/Aliens, Edge of Tomorrow and every schlocky family drama.
Those movies are awesome.

This one wasn't great but it entertained me.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:37 PM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I finally sat down and watched Tomorrow War. I actually enjoyed it and I think this is the reason why:

I liked it as well. In the world of movies you just have to turn your brain off, and watch it as it’s offered to you. Doesn’t always have to make total sense, or end in a way you would hope.
[Reply]
Bump 09:40 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I remember I stopped watching that when they all fell a few hundred feet but it was ok because they landed in a 3 foot swimming pool!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:12 PM 07-03-2021
I enjoyed it right up until he returned from the future. Fun, mindless fun up to there.

The last 30 minutes were completely unnecessary and trash.

I literally laughed out loud during the final fight scene. It was so corny. Jesus.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:43 AM 07-04-2021
The real story from this movie is J.K. Simmons physique
[Reply]
Groves 10:05 PM 07-04-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The real story from this movie is J.K. Simmons physique

Speaking of J.K. Rowling,

Dane, what’s the word on the street about a Season 3 of Counterpart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Up