JohnnyHammersticks 08:57 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Can somebody create a “2024 Free Agency” thread, please. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Done
[Reply]
Jerm 12:25 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
He's gonna be looking for a while....:-)
[Reply]
In58men 12:26 PM 03-12-2024
I’m like the only one wanting Renfrow lol. Come on BLERTCH!!!!

Oh the cap is real, but it's true that the #Raiders could save about $20M just by moving on from Garoppolo and Renfrow alone. https://t.co/Cho005YEUB

— Tashan Reed (@tashanreed) March 12, 2024

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:26 PM 03-12-2024
We've seen it already. It only takes one stupid team.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:27 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Not being combative, because I agree with most of this post.

But what is the fascination with trying to replace Tyreek?

We've shown we don't need that burner in this offense. Hell, I'm not sure this offense would support a burner anymore.

I feel like every guy that's advocated for around here is not much more than "small guy brbrbrbrbr go fast"
Because it opens up the offense. Forces teams to respect a deep threat play to play.

The few games Hardman was available this year, I think you could see how it helped us. You HAVE to be able to make teams pay for playing single high and cover 0. And not just once a game like MVS was doing. It needs to be something teams fear and therefore choose not to do it often.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:29 PM 03-12-2024
Just put yourselves in a safety's shoes for a second.

Is it easier or harder to do execute your assignments if you know there's a 4.2 guy on the offense who can hit his head on the goal post any given play with relative ease?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:30 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Because it opens up the offense. Forces teams to respect a deep threat play to play.

The few games Hardman was available this year, I think you could see how it helped us. You HAVE to be able to make teams pay for playing single high and cover 0. And not just once a game like MVS was doing. It needs to be something teams fear and therefore choose not to do it often.
And Hardman and Watson can and have been that guy. Why waste valuable resources on a guy to get his cardio in?

With Kelce's clock ticking, I'd rather they draft a well rounded WR than to grab a 5-9, 150 pound guy just because he's fast.

EDIT: Especially considering it's gonna take a R1 pick.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:31 PM 03-12-2024
And Hardman and Watson can and have been that guy. Why waste valuable resources on a guy to get his cardio in?

With Kelce's clock ticking, I'd rather they draft a well rounded WR than to grab a 5-9, 150 pound guy just because he's fast.
Teams don't fear Justin Watson, sorry.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:33 PM 03-12-2024
And Hardman and Watson can and have been that guy.

Hardman depends on perfect throws and that's not efficient. He's good insurance in that role and can haul deep passes in sometimes, but we've seen the challenge it is for him to stay on the same page with Patrick.

Watson does a nice job but he shouldn't be a starter and that's what he has to be in order for the role to matter.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:35 PM 03-12-2024
Hardman depends on perfect throws and that's not efficient. He's good insurance in that role and can haul deep passes in sometimes, but we've seen the challenge it is for him to stay on the same page with Patrick.

Watson does a nice job but he shouldn't be a starter and that's what he has to be in order for the role to matter.
No worse than MVS in that role, and we've won 2 Lombardis.

I think people are getting wrapped up in recreating the explosive offense again, and we've shown we just don't need to.

Now, if you're talking about a taller, well rounded WR that can also run like a deer - sign me the fuck up.
[Reply]
VAChief 12:35 PM 03-12-2024

Neither consistently track and bring in the over the shoulder deep throws. It's not the be all and end all, but it would be nice to have that threat in Pat's arsenal without the receiver needing to fall down and catch with their stomach.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:36 PM 03-12-2024
So are any of our defensive guys getting looks? Or are we maybe going to bring some of them back on reasonable deals?
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:38 PM 03-12-2024

It’s also good for taking away the corner and the safety providing help over the top, so taking away the back end of the defense opens up what you can do.

If they don’t respect the speed and get beat, then mahomes torches them

Bring back legion of Zoom!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:39 PM 03-12-2024
Not being combative, because I agree with most of this post.

But what is the fascination with trying to replace Tyreek?

We've shown we don't need that burner in this offense. Hell, I'm not sure this offense would support a burner anymore.

I feel like every guy that's advocated for around here is not much more than "small guy brbrbrbrbr go fast"
What? Reid's offense works way better with someone who can catch and consistently take the top off the defense.
[Reply]
In58men 12:41 PM 03-12-2024
Renfrow will be hella cheap.

COME ON VERTCH BRITCHES
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:42 PM 03-12-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
What? Reid's offense works way better with someone who can catch and consistently take the top off the defense.
Well apart from Greg Roman, what offense doesn't?
[Reply]
Page 159 of 365
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Up